IGNORED

RETRO: The Multi-Format, Throw-Back Magazine - KICKSTARTER

My RETRO arrived today! (St Paul MN) Havent yet opened it but I am a bit disappointed by the "bumper sticker". I was thinking a foot-long rectangular sticker. This oval border's printing is off-center, a bit unprofessional IMO. I upped my donation by $5 for the sticker.

Regardless, cant wait to read it, & IIRC on Facebook they want subscribers to pose near a local landmark w/ their issue. I know just the place...

My RETRO arrived today! (St Paul MN) Havent yet opened it but I am a bit disappointed by the "bumper sticker". I was thinking a foot-long rectangular sticker. This oval border's printing is off-center, a bit unprofessional IMO. I upped my donation by $5 for the sticker.

Regardless, cant wait to read it, & IIRC on Facebook they want subscribers to pose near a local landmark w/ their issue. I know just the place...

Hey RJ,

The bumper stickers haven't mailed out yet. They are more along the lines of a cool bumper sticker. We've been waiting for the Tshirts to come in as some people bought both. The oval sticker was a freebie to all print subs on Kickstarter :) Let us know what you think about the mag. And look for your bumper sticker to mail out soon.

Edited by Parrothead
  • Like 2

Ok cool, thats good to know. I did appreciate that it was delivered wrapped, is that the plan for all subsequent issues? My UK RetroGamer mag had that & no issue was ever damaged.

I usu. take my mag to work tomread on break, but I dont want to chance damaging it before a good solid read-thru so it'll stay in the house for now. :)

I got my magazine today. I had skipped the digital issue so I wouldn't spoil the experience of the print version. I really enjoyed the Computer Space feature, interview with Ed Semrad and retrospective on useless peripherals. Personally, I'd love to see an ongoing feature on useless peripherals. ;)

Overall, this is a great initial effort and I look forward to the ongoing evolution of the magazine!

• 2 weeks later...

Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to review Desert Bus 2600 in the January issue. That being said, I think your review was entirely too kind. I think you should play it to completion once, possibly twice then review it. I think your score will be more accurate and comments might be more disparaging. At any rate thank you for your effort and your magazine is great. I look forward to hopefully reading more reviews of our more legitimate releases in Retro. Just kidding about the re-review though, unless you're up for it. Desert Bus 2600 is not for the weak of heart or bladder.

Thanks,

-M

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Issue #2 is now shipping to subscribers. New subscribers will begin with issue #3, May/Jun 2014. Subscribe here: https://checkout.subscriptiongenius.com/ReadRetro.com/

Order back issues of #2 on GameGavel.com - http://www.gamegavel.com/item.cgi?show_item=0000916191

The premier issue is SOLD OUT!

Here is a preview of #2: http://issuu.com/markkaminski/docs/retro_issue_2_issuu_preview