IGNORED

Incognito run #3 interest thread

dragos

I've got a bunch of pics here showing the beta and standard board. They may be of some help.

Between your pictures and Candle's instructions, I found it pretty easy to get it installed... I also skipped changing the RD4 and RD5 resistors the first time, but most of cartridges didn't work so I would say make sure they get changed!

Well here it is a full week since my Incognitos appeared on usps tracking. Still shows them as departing Flushing NY, and no other activity. Have spent 3 hours on the phone with usps and they cant seem to tell me where they are, all they suggest is I wait some more... that seems to be what I have been doing for 14 months now. I cant say when they are going to arrive. I have never had any shipment take this long, and I have ordered from Lotharek a couple times, and his stuff gets here in under a month. This is driving me nutz!

well, well, well.. My Incognitos finally got here! They just decided to take a relaxing world tour cuz they knew they would work their lil a$$'s off once I got em. In the process of installing them now. Would have been nice if candle would have included the color-coded wires with the kit (especially if he refers to the wires by color in his instructions). Be that as it may, the board is very nice quality. I will post again when I finish up the install. I must admit I was spoiled by Lotharek's "near-solderless" installation for the U1mb. These beasties are a different thing altogether. Lotsa work involved routing the wiring so it doesnt get pinched.

well, well, well.. My Incognitos finally got here! They just decided to take a relaxing world tour cuz they knew they would work their lil a$$'s off once I got em. In the process of installing them now. Would have been nice if candle would have included the color-coded wires with the kit (especially if he refers to the wires by color in his instructions). Be that as it may, the board is very nice quality. I will post again when I finish up the install. I must admit I was spoiled by Lotharek's "near-solderless" installation for the U1mb. These beasties are a different thing altogether. Lotsa work involved routing the wiring so it doesnt get pinched.

Please use the following link to assist. If you have any other questions, PM me here.

Thanks for the link, Stephen! It did help clarify a couple things I was trying to figure out. Somebody really needs to put together a step-by-step for installing this board, and some basic usage instructions. candle's website shows the basic info, but I get the feeling there are some skipped steps (like drilling a hole in the power board for "mechanical support", then never mentioning/showing it again. Got a hole with no idea what I am supposed to do with it). There are a number of spots like that in his instructions. I have the first one working, and am about 1/2 thru the second. Somehow it is a much larger project than I anticipated.

The hole is to attach a supporting pylon under the board, so simply stick or glue something in it which reaches the bottom casing.

These things aren't trivial installations, but there are two different step-by-step guides already.

Edited by flashjazzcat

Do you have the links for those guides? I have the one on candle's site and Stephen posted a bunch of pics. Are there others? I agree it isnt trivial to install, I'm just trying to make sure I do it right, rather than doing it halfway and having to redo it later.

• 2 weeks later...

Is there anyone in the USA who has not received their board yet? Sebastian pm'ed me on Feb 1 to confirm my mailing address but I wasn't able to get back to him until Mar 17. ....busy with work. I'm hoping he mailed the board out anyway as my address hasn't changed. Thanks guys.

I don't know about them all being shipped but I don't think Candle has read his pm 's since the Feb 1st overnight pm messages. I sent him one on the 2nd Feb and 3rd March which are still unread. Oh and 22nd Sep, but think that was overlooked! Just think he is incredibly busy with work and family life. Hopefully he'll get more time soon, he made some really cool stuff!

Edited by foft

Is there anyone in the USA who has not received their board yet? Sebastian pm'ed me on Feb 1 to confirm my mailing address but I wasn't able to get back to him until Mar 17. ....busy with work. I'm hoping he mailed the board out anyway as my address hasn't changed. Thanks guys.

Does Canada count? Still patiently waiting, and confirmed my mailing address about the same time you.

I have been waiting on several items from Germany and Poland. Both have taken over 5 weeks and I'm just now getting notice that they are currently going through Customs in NYC. Should get them in the next 3 to 4 days when they are released back into the system. So it will have taken nearly 6 weeks to receive. I'm just so glad I can get them at all. Thanks to our technically talented brothers across the big pond!!!!!

Mike

Thanks for the updates lads. It seems I am not alone. Obviously Sebastian got very busy with life. I totally understand how things change when children enter the picture. It's been a mighty long time though. Hopefully he will manage to see this project through. From all accounts he appears to be a reputable guy in the end.

• 4 weeks later...