IGNORED

Did anybody else preorder one of the new consoles coming next month?

HuckleCat

Preorder curiosity...  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Did you preorder either of the new consoles from Sony/MS?

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'm curious about this.

I actually preordered a PS4, and I'm sort of excited, as it's actually my first time preordering a console for launch day. In the past I always waited. I know that I'll likely be playing the same 2 games until next year on it, (Watch Dogs and BF4 are the only ones I really want for now.), but nonetheless, im still kinda giddy over getting a shiny new toy.

Anyone else?

Xbone for now, PS4 later.

Gotta catch 'em all. I liked 360 better than PS3 so that's my only real reasoning. Argueably there are a few better Xbone titles at launch too though. And as a collector the 'day one' system is kind of cool too, considering they will probably be in short supply. (Sort of like the Heavy Sixer of Xbox One...)

I never pre-order anything. I'm not starving for entertainment.

I only have for games that I want to do well and don't think will otherwise, like e.g. Wii RPGs. I don't think I'll get either of these consoles. I don't even have a 360 or PS3, and I'm still on the fence with those, so at this point I'm just writing off the XBone and PS4 completely. I think I'll stick with my computer, my phone, the Ouya, and the 3DS for 9th generation gaming. I have hundreds of retro games to keep me more than busy.
  • Like 2

I pre-ordered a PS4 but not sure I want anything anymore though especially nothing from Microsoft at this point in time.

Really happy with a PC/Tablet/Ouya/Wii'z....epecially PC and Valve's machine.

If I do turn on a console its for an exclusive game that I can only play on that console.

Maybe I'll ditch the PS4 pre-order. Stilling thinking about it....it's those damn JRPG's and exclusives that keep me around.

Stilling thinking about it....it's those damn JRPG's and exclusives that keep me around.

Consider doing what I did with the PS3. Get your console ahead of the holiday season. Sell it for $200 more than what you paid for it. After the holidays, take that $200 and add $200 of your own cash, then rebuy a console.

I have a launch day PS4 on pre-order from Amazon but am about 90% sure I'll cancel it.

I was excited during the E3 presentation but then got to thinking about what the system will bring to my life for $400 that I can't already do with my current systems and I can no longer justify it. Since I already have a HUGE backlog of games to play and there are no PS4 titles on launch day or soon after that grab my attention at all, I'm pretty positive I'll pass.

And there is nothing XB1 is offering at $500, either in software or hardware, that interests me at all.

Edited by Mendon

I preordered an XB1. Being a Panzer Dragoon fan, I'm REALLY looking forward to Crimson Dragon. I'll also probably pick up Forza 5 on day one as well, even though I've always enjoyed the Project Gotham series more than Forza.

This will be my third XB launch day. I think the original XB launch was the best, with Halo, Project Gotham Racing and Dead or Alive 3 at launch. For the 360, I got Quake 4 and Project Gotham Racing 3 on launch day.

As I said before, I'm in wait and see mode. I never pre-order systems anyway.

Between the two I'm leaning towards the PS4 because of Microsoft's attitude towards customers.

I really like the ONE's video pass through but Microsoft is too busy leveraging it for more money to really take advantage of it.

I've already started investing in PC games again after a long absence and I may just go the Steam route.

Edited by JamesD

• 2 weeks later...