IGNORED

Breaking news: Intellivision flashback coming to retail

Rev

Fairly bad quality video, but you get the idea:

I'm very pleased with this product. The controllers are awesome! While they feel just like the old ones in terms of size, they are much nicer in terms of mechanics. The disk feels great, the side buttons are much smoother than the original, and the numeric pad feels just like the old one.

Very good emulation, also. I tested Astrosmash, and everything "computes". Sounds, speed, even the rapid fire by pressing 1.

Excellent product!

Did come with overlays? Which ones were included?

This is really both good news and confusing. Are these supposed to be out this early? Could I find one if I go to a store in my area? What's the deal here? :ponder:

I think it was an honest mistake, and I got lucky. Fate decided to do me good, probably because a) I'm really old (51 y.o.), b) two days ago was my birthday and I flew back from Europe, and c) I'm a college prof and my DOOM starts on Monday ;-)

Did come with overlays? Which ones were included?

Sure the Astrosmash sounds are ok but what about the Buzz wrong you make a wrong entry sound? In the DOS emulator that came on the Intellivision lives CD ROM it had all the sound correct but the famous every Intellivision owners knows about buzz sound.

• Like 1

Someplace in the Midwest today, a European 51 y.o. dude stopped at some store, and bought these. [Yeah, I know. They were not supposed to be sold until October 1st. Maybe my charming accent helped ;-)].

I love the units and the controllers. They feel "real", look about the same size as the original (will check later on), and the Colecovision controller feel better, more responsive, less clunky!

Will try them out later on, after dinner.

attachicon.gifIMG_3536.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3538.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3532.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3533.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3534.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_3535.JPG

The Coleco Flash Back has Zaxxon? I thought they could not get the License titles? Not fair that Colecovision gets the License titles but Intellivision doesnot.

• Like 1

Fairly bad quality video, but you get the idea:

I'm very pleased with this product. The controllers are awesome! While they feel just like the old ones in terms of size, they are much nicer in terms of mechanics. The disk feels great, the side buttons are much smoother than the original, and the numeric pad feels just like the old one.

Very good emulation, also. I tested Astrosmash, and everything "computes". Sounds, speed, even the rapid fire by pressing 1.

Excellent product!

How do you reset the game without going back to the game select screen?

• Like 1

Sure the Astrosmash sounds are ok but what about the Buzz wrong you make a wrong entry sound? In the DOS emulator that came on the Intellivision lives CD ROM it had all the sound correct but the famous every Intellivision owners knows about buzz sound.

You mean outside a game, at the game selection screen? [not a native speaker of English here]. Well, I'm not that picky, I suppose :). However, I would not trust the bad quality of my iPhone 4 video/audio capture.

The Coleco Flash Back has Zaxxon? I thought they could not get the License titles? Not fair that Colecovision gets the License titles but Intellivision doesnot.

Yes. In terms of third-party, it has Imagic, Atari (Jungle Hunt), Parker Brothers (Montezuma's Revenge), Sierravision, Xonox, Interphase, Spectravideo (Cross Force), Probe, Micro Fun, Epyx.

I guess that's maybe because the Intellivision was created in conjunction with the BlueSkyRangers? Right licensing is such a grey area to me.

Disappointed that Mountain Madness Super Pro Skiing doesn't appear to be on there, despite Keith Robinson mentioning it in the latest Intellivisionaries podcast. The INTV Skiing game was one of my faves. But I'm still looking forward to getting this console.

I'm disappointed too, maybe they made Keith Robinson an extra special version with all the games!

:grin:

Edited by TrekkiELO

I knew Labor Day was the target, apparently all Toys R Us stores have these on their shelves now at $39.99, so hopefully Dollar General won't be too far behind!

Not so sure about that. Toys R US made a mistake. I managed to get one this morning but they pulled the rest off the shelves once they realized it wasn't suppose to go on sale until October 1st.

Not so sure about that. Toys R US made a mistake. I managed to get one this morning but they pulled the rest off the shelves once they realized it wasn't suppose to go on sale until October 1st.

Ah, that explains it then. Well, at last a few people got these and can offer reviews and feedback in prep for the regular sale date.

I was going to get the Sam's Club version anyway.

Toys-r-us as I suspected by the shelving I saw in the picture.

Mine in Northridge CA. had 3 in stock of which I bought 2.

They look extremely well made with many cool unreleased games and many others games most fplks probably do not have.

They also had the Colecovision Flashback and the Atari Flashback 5 which, since I had my blinders on that was all I noticed. ;) .

• Like 3

So close but yes so far. I went to toys R us and had two in my cart . He rang them up and said sorry these are not available to October 1st :(

I should of thrown a fit but my kids were with me, so I guess i have to wait.

The manager overrode it for me without question all though the line backed up a bit. well worth it!

• Like 1