IGNORED

Breaking news: Intellivision flashback coming to retail

Rev

You mean outside a game, at the game selection screen? [not a native speaker of English here]. Well, I'm not that picky, I suppose :). However, I would not trust the bad quality of my iPhone 4 video/audio capture.

The Buzz Sound that it makes in the game or before a game like Auto Racing where if you just hit enter at the car selection without selecting a car it buzzes or in Backgamon or checkers if you try to make an illegal move or Horse Racing when you hit enter without making a selection or in night stalker when you try to shoot but don't have a gun.

• Like 2

I can only tell you exactly what AtGames themselves has told me. These were all meant for an October 1 street date. I know for a fact these products were not ready at the Chinese factory until quite recently, since the final products were not signed off on until fairly recently (in fact, my "exclusive" review units direct from AtGames, don't arrive until this week). Some of these retailers were allowed to pick up stock directly from the factory, rather than waiting for it to be shipped. They were expressly directed not to sell until October 1.

While it may seem harmless letting them go out (and most likely, in the grand scheme of things, it is), the fact of the matter is there are advertising schedules (on ALL sides) that were planned in advance and time is needed for all of the stock to reach all of the stores so there's an even playing field as it were. It's not just something you get whenever and throw on the shelves willy nilly. There's a danger (and again, I'm not sure anything necessarily bad will happen in this case) that if other retailers get wind of other retailers getting "preferential treatment" (even if it comes down to them simply erring and breaking street date), there could be ramifications for AtGames in terms of future deals. Street dates are there for a reason, and is quite common in the world of videogames as we well know (and usually ramifications for those retailers who break them--AtGames is a relatively modest sized company, so I don't now if they have the clout to "punish" these retailers or would even want to--I have no clue).

So again, from those who were lucky enough to score units, it's fantastic for them (and if I saw something like that I wanted in a store, you bet I'd snatch it up). For others who missed out and for all the behind the scenes stuff that now has to be changed on the fly to accommodate this deviation from the plan, it's not necessarily a good thing.

Sell them if they are packaged and ready and sell as many as they can!

I understand all your points but if it is a finished product and ready to go sell it. Since the retro market is so small the sooner people see them before Christmas the more units that will be moved.

Just my opinion, What do I know about this stuff anyway? My Son keeps telling me there are only ten people in the world looking for it like me right now. Damn, he may be right! :)

• Like 2

that is in north county i live in south county about 30 miles away so only on tv

but round 2 could happen in october. I think the cop will not be charged and it was a good shoot. but we will see

Yeah, I'm in the south side of the city and wouldn't have even know there was anything going on if it weren't for the constant news coverage. I tend to stay away from the north side of the city . There's nothing really up there...normally.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm in the south side of the city and wouldn't have even know there was anything going on if it weren't for the constant news coverage. I tend to stay away from the north side of the city . There's nothing really up there...normally.

I've been living in St. Louis (Central West End) for the past 14 years, and I've never ever been to the north side. I was pretty much told to stay away from some of the areas north of Delmar. The few safer areas I visited truly had nothing, really. Well, except for the Mills outlet mall, which is located in a safe area anyways.

The Buzz Sound that it makes in the game or before a game like Auto Racing where if you just hit enter at the car selection without selecting a car it buzzes or in Backgamon or checkers if you try to make an illegal move or Horse Racing when you hit enter without making a selection or in night stalker when you try to shoot but don't have a gun.

Ok, thank you, I understand. Well, it sounds the same to me, but I'm planning on hooking up my Intellivision and Colecovision and do a side-by-side comparison. I'll check.

My TRU had them. I almost didn't get them. He told me he can't sell them until 10/1. so I asked him to check with the manager. He came back and said the main system didn't have anything, so he could sell to me. He also said if they sell them before the date, they get fined $2000.

post-34424-0-96393800-1409014834_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

^ :lol:

I like how the game selection looks like Atari 2600 carts. :rolling:

Haven't hooked mine up yet, but I checked out the controllers and overlays. Btw: extremely odd how nothing is wrapped in baggies. Would have liked to have seen the system and controllers wrapped up at least - to prevent the marks that occur during transit.

Overlays look awesome and appear to have a protective plastic coating over each. Kind of a slippery back though, so hope they stay in place.

The keypad on the controllers feel nice, if not a bit raised and stiff feeling. Doesn't feel like you can swipe your fingers across as easily as the original, but maybe after some wear, who knows. Absolutely love the feel of the side buttons though! Much, much more tactile than the originals. Looking forward to plugging this in soon, but I suspect some of the games that rely on heavy firing will feel a lot better than we're used to - they're that easier to press.

Okay... Playing these things now. The Intv Flashback is quite nice! Controllers are definitely top notch and feel great. Probably the highest quality modern reproduction I've ever played with, next to the Neo*Geo joystick. The Colecovision Flashback controller feels like a toy comparatively - much lighter, but emulates the goofy feel of the original pretty well. What I mean by this is the fact that directional movements aren't always registered, unless you handle the stick with a little more force than you think you might need to. I'm digging the discrete spongy buttons of the keypad vs. the original though.

Back to the Intellivision Flashback: Video and sound output is excellent. Some subtle differences in sound compared to what I'm used to hearing maybe, but overall, not bad at all for emulation. This is one top notch package! A little strange where they decided to put the power adapter plug in on both units... always prefer that stuff in the rear, but oh well. I'm sure it's where it is for cost saving measures. Single board, next to on/off switch, etc.

• Like 1

Does AT Games know some were leaked out?

They have too i alone have already seen 20.

And in my mind, this could be there best marketing ploy to build hype.

Just for a minute, think that this would be the best way to build anticipation and draw attention to it! Who shipped them out early anyway? AT Games did that!

• Like 1

I snagged one tonight at the Lakewood CO TRU. My partner's going to go check over at the Centennial location for me tomorrow to see if we can get the Colecovision one. Yes, I'll admit, I'm a vulture. :P

The guy who came over to look was "wow, that's a far out date there" with regards to the "not supposed to sell" message that popped up on the terminal, but they sold it to me anyway.