IGNORED

Breaking news: Intellivision flashback coming to retail

Rev

Flashback controller adapter factory... I will have a small batch at The Intellivisionaries booth at CGE. These are making use of a 6' extension cable, not the short ones I posted a while back in this thread...

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1410120540.917587.jpg

This sounds awesome Paul!

I will see you there for sure and I would imagine visit for a while too. Great job on the adapters! Wolfy

Ok, so I went to the TRU in Fort Myers, and asked the guy about the Intellivision and the Colecovision ones, and he told me that he was unable to sell them until 9/22. I can wait two weeks. :)

Looking forward to these!!!! :D

So you're going to wait until later in September to start programming for the Inty Bob? That sounds good. ;)

Flashback controller adapter factory... I will have a small batch at The Intellivisionaries booth at CGE. These are making use of a 6' extension cable, not the short ones I posted a while back in this thread...

Cool! This makes me want to get my workstation running again.

I wonder if you could make a kit that would enable someone to use their existing cable. It could cut down on the costs.

Perhaps with color coded M/F quick disconnects that would let the user quickly change the configuration without permanently adjusting it. They'd have to cut their cord, and It would be ugly, but it would only cost as much as the connectors.

Cool! This makes me want to get my workstation running again.

I wonder if you could make a kit that would enable someone to use their existing cable. It could cut down on the costs.

Perhaps with color coded M/F quick disconnects that would let the user quickly change the configuration without permanently adjusting it. They'd have to cut their cord, and It would be ugly, but it would only cost as much as the connectors.

All the information is in this thread so anyone can put them together if they have the means (you'll have to go back a few pages). And if you don't want to cut the cable, you can de-solder / re-solder the wires going to the small daughter-board inside the Flashback controller.

post-19229-141021205468_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

All the information is in this thread so anyone can put them together if they have the means (you'll have to go back a few pages). And if you don't want to cut the cable, you can de-solder / re-solder the wires going to the small daughter-board inside the Flashback controller.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1410212050.553273.jpg

Yep - got it.

I was thinking that there might be a way for you to help people with a kit even if you'd sold all of your adapters. It would also be no work for you (except for writing instructions).

The 'street date' was supposed to be Oct. 2, but some leaked out into stores a bit early. I'd say don't fall into the eBay trap and just cool your jets for a few weeks. Late Sept. / early Oct. you'll see them in Toys R Us, Sam's Club and Dollar General. Who knows where else.

Buy early, buy often! Make the Intellivision Flashback 2 a reality!

[hmm... would they consider making it a replica of the Intellivision II?]

they might as well!:) i just want easier to press buttons! i dont know why the heck intv didnt fix that problem. i guess young and tohg at the time but now im a senior citizen!:) did anything help that issue? lost out on auction of big red button thingy that clicked on there. went for over a $100, but maybe that means it was worth it?........scot

Yep - got it.

I was thinking that there might be a way for you to help people with a kit even if you'd sold all of your adapters. It would also be no work for you (except for writing instructions).

I'm certainly open to that. Send me a PM with your ideas on this.

• Like 1

The 'street date' was supposed to be Oct. 2, but some leaked out into stores a bit early. I'd say don't fall into the eBay trap and just cool your jets for a few weeks. Late Sept. / early Oct. you'll see them in Toys R Us, Sam's Club and Dollar General. Who knows where else.

Buy early, buy often! Make the Intellivision Flashback 2 a reality!

[hmm... would they consider making it a replica of the Intellivision II?]

Since AtGames makes a Sega portable, I am hoping they will make an Intellivision portable someday.

The electronics in the flashback seem small enough to fit in a portable. I guess the biggest problem would be implementing the keypad...

Would anyone with an Intellivision Flashback be willing to open theirs up and confirm if the chips on the PCB match these from the ColecoVision Flashback?

- M12L16161A (2 MB SDRAM)

- SST39VF1602C (2 MB NOR flash memory)

FYI, these are usually described as 16Mbit instead of 2 MB, hence the "16" being in their names. Also, the processor itself is probably glob-topped like with the CV FB, so we only have the system's debug/test mode to confirm whether or not it's also a Titan chip--speaking of which, has anyone here done that (hold the controller's two bottom side buttons while booting)?

Basically, I'm curious whether the CV and INTV FBs are using the same hardware. Come to think of it, if anyone here has the Atari FB5 as well, I'd love to hear whether that matches, too. The debug/test mode entry method for the FB4, at least, was to hold Start + Select while booting, so please do give that a shot on the FB5.

onmode-ky

I'm going to be making a 'official' thread when it gets closer to October 1st, but if anyone would like any of the Intelivision Flashbacks from Sam's Club with the extra overlays (or the Coleco one, which also has extra overlays, or any of the other Flashbacks, which I don't think differ in this case), just let me know. My parents have a membership and can invite me, so it would be base cost of $40 plus shipping, and I normaly ask for a 10 percent tip on the base cost for my time. Willing to ship overseas also.

• Like 2

Got to play on one today at the Intellivision Productions booth, and I must say one of the highlights of this CGE for me was getting to play Chip Shot, which is one of my favourite games, while being coached by Steve Ettinger, the creator of this game. Very cool. Also got to take some pics of him posing beside his Easter egg screens from a few of his games. I really found the few BSR's that I interacted with to be very friendly and accommodating, and certainly happy to talk about their games and their history with the Inty.

• Like 2

I would agree. All of the BSR folks I talked to were great fun to chat with. Bill and Bob were fun to talk tech with. Steve and his wife were a lot of fun to talk to (very friendly, might visit my home town soon). John and Connie as well. I got less time with the rest of them. I hope I'm not forgetting anyone. It's a bit of a blur.

Got to play on one today at the Intellivision Productions booth, and I must say one of the highlights of this CGE for me was getting to play Chip Shot, which is one of my favourite games, while being coached by Steve Ettinger, the creator of this game. Very cool. Also got to take some pics of him posing beside his Easter egg screens from a few of his games. I really found the few BSR's that I interacted with to be very friendly and accommodating, and certainly happy to talk about their games and their history with the Inty.

I haven't tried Chip Shot yet but my buddy Steve says it plays very well on the flashback because of the controllers.I am going to hook up my adapters for it to my INTV 2 right now and test both of them.

My highlight was meeting all you Atari Age folks in person, everyone of you were great to talk to. The whole weekend was awesome!!!!!