IGNORED

Breaking news: Intellivision flashback coming to retail

Rev

Just curious, was this email from the www.intellivision.us or beeslife.com mailing list or some other email?

I am on the mailing list but haven't seen an email in a very long time...

beeslife. just info on updating the ultimate interface firmware that will support the FB controllers, and the site being updated with more info on the Ms. games

gavv

beeslife. just info on updating the ultimate interface firmware that will support the FB controllers, and the site being updated with more info on the Ms. games

gavv

Unfortunately, it looks like updating the firmware for this disables Sega Genesis controller support. Perhaps it can have only a limited number of profiles.

I just checked with Sam's club and one of the stores near me said they do not have them yet, but because there is an item number they will have them soon.

Here are the item numbers so you can check your local Sam's

Atari Flashback 5: 842992

Colecovision: 842983

Intellivision: 843057

Sega: Said they did not have anything for it.

Thanks for the info! I'm headed to my local Sam's Club today to look into this. If they don't get them soon, I'm probably going to be getting the INTV FB from TRU since you will be able to order the full set of overlays from Intellivision Lives in the near future...

Edited by atarifan88

Thanks for the info! I'm headed to my local Sam's Club today to look into this. If they don't get them soon, I'm probably going to be getting the INTV FB from TRU since you will be able to order the full set of overlays from Intellivision Lives in the near future...

That's what I was thinking, but I want the other consoles too!

I received my Flashback from Toys-R-Us preorder today. This unit is very impressive! It actually matched the hype that Intellivision Productions heaped on it in the advertising and Podcasts. The first game I fired up was B-17 Bomber and it sounds and plays well (the lack of "Mattel Electronics Presents" speech at first was unsettling however). In general the audio is a little off but I'd say 95% accurate. Well done, Keith! Thank you!

• Like 3

I checked my local Sam's Club and they said they were getting 15 and they should arrive this week sometime. The price for the deluxe edition is the same as the TRU version $40, but you get more overlays! To me that's well worth the wait and don't have to order more overlays.

I just finished playing with my new Intellivision Flashback I got at ToysRus. There was only one left. I'm pleased with the quality of the controllers and programming of the games. I had a good time playing Thin Ice while my kitten hunted the sprites. The kitten already violently dragged the console around under the Tv and it stayed powered on throughout the abuse. It's a nice little machine that will get plenty of use. What I want the most in the next version would be the ability to load our own roms with a SD card or Usb cable with internal memory. I'm certainly dreaming :-D

I went to four Dollar Generals today around the Orlando area and didn't find any FB's. Guess I'll keep trying. This is the first time I've ever been to a DG before...I've never seen a more disorganized store in my life.

My trip to Dollar General today was equally fruitless (I'm aiming for the Colecovision Flashback with the extra game). Their website lists it as coming soon, and at $40 it qualifies for free shipping, so I'm just going to order one.

My trip to Dollar General today was equally fruitless (I'm aiming for the Colecovision Flashback with the extra game). Their website lists it as coming soon, and at $40 it qualifies for free shipping, so I'm just going to order one.

went to one today. they wont sell them until black friday.

Interesting how many people there are with a low overall post count in this thread. I'd say the Flashback is succeeding at bringing at least SOME people back into classic gaming.

Actually, it was Intellivisionaries that got me to be more involved. Do love the Flashback though! What I'd really like to figure out is how to setup a Raspberry Pi with that USB controller adapter and the Flashback controllers, as an "arcade cab" of sorts attached to the living room TV so I can play all the games.

• Like 2

What a bizarre idea. Work out a deal for a limited edition exclusive, then wait 2 months to release it.

I can understand if DG was ready to get clear-out stuff once TRU and Sam's needs the shelf space back, but this is just bonkers. Well, I'll still check in KC anyway as we have time to kill before each game. And I love me some cheap crap stores.

I went to a Dollar General here in NJ today and supervisor said he hadn't heard of it yet but knew what they were and they would probably get them for the holidays so maybe there will be a 1 1/2 month wait on them there? No idea on Sam's Club yet?

If you read the previous thread pages, the consensus is Sam's Club will be getting them by the end of the week. $40 is the asking price for the deluxe version which is a steal compared to the standard version at the same price!

Interesting how many people there are with a low overall post count in this thread. I'd say the Flashback is succeeding at bringing at least SOME people back into classic gaming.

I've always been into classic gaming via emulation. I just never had the desire or the money to buy old systems not knowing how much longer they were going to last. These flashbacks are brand new and should provide plenty of years of great retro gaming until the next version comes out with more games! Then at that point I'll have to re-evaluate if the added games are worth buying the upgraded version. I hope Intellivision will be able to break down some of those licensing barriers and get Burger Time, Commando, and other's on board...

• Like 1

Ok thanks on update for Sam's Club. Long thread so I probably missed - good to know. I wonder if Dollar General will reduce their prices since they are a discount store and getting around holidays?

They may, but at the savings of maybe $10, I'd rather get my playing time now. Besides it's been rough waiting all summer for these things to come out. $40 is not a bad price considering the retail asking price was $60!