IGNORED

Breaking news: Intellivision flashback coming to retail

Rev

I have had mine for a few days. I bought it at Toys R US. Has anyone noticed that the Baseball overlay is for the original Baseball game only included with the Dollar General version and not for World Championship Baseball. I looked it up and they are fairly different.

yes it was stated in this thread that keith sent atgames the wrong overlay Edited by pimpmaul69

Sorry I haven't been keeping up, so forgive me if some variation of this question has been answered already. I picked up an Intellivision Flashback from TRU this past week, and its pretty great. My brother up in Toronto would like to get his hands on one too. Does anyone know if there are any online retailers or such who will ship one to Canada, or is our best option for me to physcially get one from my local TRU and ship it up to him (and any ballparks on shipping costs for that size of a box)?

He'd have to have it shipped. Or, just go to the TRU across the border in Buffalo - they have them in stock now. The box is pretty light, so probably not too much in shipping cost.

Edited by jbellanca

Yesterday, I went to my local TRU, and the INTV Flashback was also sold out. Plenty of CV, Atari, and Genesis Flashbacks available.

The clerk said the INTV is outselling the others by 3-1!

i think the main reason has to be that it's been so hard to play emulated Intellivision games without the gamepad all these years

that people are excited to finally get to play them the right way

• Like 1

went to Toys R Us yesterday and asked the clerk where the Intellivision Flashbacks are and he said "oh that's a very popular item" then told me where they were...got one of the 3 left

I picked mine up yesterday. They were down to two. They actually had more copies of the new 3DS Super Smash Bros. game in stock. Psyched to have actually landed one of these.

Finally landed the INTV and Colecovision Flashbacks at Family Dollar after striking out at two Dollar Generals. Saving the INTV one for my dad for Christmas since he originally had the Intellivision I grew up playing. Full circle I suppose. The Colecovision Flashback's controller knob is a bit too loose compared to the original. Atari 5200 Flashback would be amazing.

Mine arrived today. Ordered from toysrus.com. They had a heck of a journey finding their way to Alberta but thanks to Nurmix they made it. Also thanks to Pimpmaul for also offering to ship some flashbacks up to me. You guys rock!?

Edited by mr_intv

Got my Intellivision Flashback at Toys R's Us. Had fun with Nightstalker, and B-17 Bomber.

Two questions so far:

Crown of Kings - how do you start the game? I remember playing AD&D and you move the character from the house to the mountains and the game starts. Just curious.

B-17 Bomber - Side buttons accelerate and decelerate from the pilot or the gauge view correct? For me, one accelerated the plane, the other dumped fuel? Is that right?

Some fun. If they would have found a way to rename Tron Deadly Discs I would have been pleased above all.

Mine arrived today. Ordered from toysrus.com. They had a heck of a journey finding their way to Alberta but thanks to Nurmix they made it. Also thanks to Pimpmaul for also offering to ship some flashbacks up to me. You guys rock!

yeah tried to ship to someone above me in canada. Bastards wante $40 dollars to ship

Controllers (answering the comment above)

I have both the Intellivision 1 and 2. Naturally better than the Intellivision 2.

As for the Intellivision 1, they look quite similar, but the Intellivision Flashback controllers are a bit thinner. The disc has good play. The buttons on top and on the side do not take as much work to press. I have had some of the number buttons stick in the down position from time to time and just a little nudge has them pop back out.

Overall I like them!

Game Selection

To me this gives me a chance to play all the games that were not on my own main list of games to play. No Arcade titles, no imagic, no Activitision, no Atari, no Disney related titles that I have seen. But you have all the titles that came out that in some cases (like Volleyball) are hard to find. So this to me is a little box I can play all these games I've never tried as much and give my CC3 a break.

And when I get tired of the new titles, they at least have B-17 Bomber, AD&D (Crown of the King), Space Hawk, Star Strike, Astrosmash, Space Armada, Space Spartans, and last and definately not least... Nightstalker.

I think I would have bought this $40 system if it just had B-17 Bomber by itself all in a nice little box, voice and all included.

My Problems Yesterday

Couldn't get Crowns of the King to play, but figured it out and had a few minutes of fun.

B-17 Bomber, read the manual online, figured out why I was dumping fuel, then played the practice game for several hours and bombed the Axis Powers back to the stone age! That was fun. Trying to get better at hitting those flak bunkers.

Deadly Dogs?

I was thinking "Man, shame they didn't rename Tron Deadly Discs like the AD&D title and others." To me Tron Deadly Discs is THE GAME from the release area, and the main reason I remember Intellivision. That and B-17 Bomber.

Then it hit me! Deadly Dogs!! Maybe it is packed in somewhere!

Well, it was originally a part of Dig Dug, which was not included. However, I did try holding down the 4 and 7 on both controllers and then hitting reset on all 60 games. No dice. With this setup reset take you back to the emulation menu, so I guess to effectively try that trick you would need a way to reset within the game being emulated.

It also later hit me that Deadly Dogs would be a double whammy. You still have the recognizer in the game, which is perhaps why Deadly Discs could not be renamed, and you have the characters from Burgertime.

But, if they could change the Recognizer look, and rename it "Space Arena", "Cyber Arena", "iWarrior" or something, the arena is generic enough, and all the characters in the game are just the Mattel trademarked running men. :D I think with just a change to the recognizer and the name change that would be a great addition for the next Intellivision Flashback.

Edited by doctorclu

I'm having fun playing the Intellivision Flashback. I've been focusing on the games that were also ported to Aquarius, and comparing. The Inty's graphics allow the 16 direction disc to really make a difference on diagonals in Utopia. The angle of movement actually adjusts to fit the discrete points selected on the disc. On the Aquarius, that is not possible, due to the character based graphics.

I have to give Minotaur some more time, but it feels so slow compared to the Aquarius version. I like the smooth 3D scroll when moving forward, but turning is awkward. Some items are recognizable from the Aquarius version, but others are going to make me break out the manual, so I know what I'm working with.

There seems to be a bug with the sound in Utopia on the Flashback, but I'll need to make sure it's not my tv configuration.

Overall, I have having a blast with the Flashback.

Edit: I was surprised to find I couldn't go off the screen edge in Utopia, and wrap around to the other side. I guess it was a no-brainer for the Aquarius version, because the hardware does that without any significant programming overhead.

Edited by Jay Silverheels
  • Like 2

I had time to try out the Intellivision flashback today, and I really enjoy it. The controllers are nice to have and with Nurmix's adapters can be used on an Intellivision 2 or similar system. However, I noticed a few more issues besides the ones that were already stated. As I stated before, the baseball overlay is wrong which in itself is not that big of a deal, tower of doom does not go into melee mode, the you're out sound is wrong on baseball. These issues in themselves are not that bad and I have some more to add to the list.

When I clicked on learning fun one, it actually played learning fun two albit with learning fun 1 Title Screen. Learning fun 2 was than that in fact Learning Fun 1. Again not a major issue but I figured that I would bring them to your attention.

Hopefully all of these issues can be rectified if a version two is to be released.

• Like 2

No Flashbacks at the Indy-area Sam's Clubs. Checked at least three of them, and all of them in the inventory system have 0 on-hand, 16 on-order, delivery date of October 9... Anyone have any idea what might be up?

gavv

From what another poster told me, they are due to show up around Nov 3'rd.