MrMartian

MPP 1000C

I was cleaning up my old bins, and came across this... I don't know if anyone would be interested. I plugged it in and it *seems* to work, but I don't have any kind of POTS line to see if it actually dials and connects...

post-14188-0-12035200-1381183524_thumb.jpg

I was cleaning up my old bins, and came across this... I don't know if anyone would be interested. I plugged it in and it *seems* to work, but I don't have any kind of POTS line to see if it actually dials and connects...

attachicon.gifMPP1000C.JPG

It is a 300 baud modem that plugs into the joystick port. I think port 2. And it has a funny R: device, if I remember. The cart has

the R: handler built in, so you don't have to load one beforehand.

Edited by russg

Well, I now seem to be collecting 300 baud modems :) Next on my list is an 830. Anyone have one - please drop me a PM. I'm in a spending mood.

I only remember using an 1030 and then an XM301, but I must have bought this at some time...

I think the 1030 had a T: handler, and there's a special xm301 handler also.

I forget the name of it now, but there was 835/1030/XM301 R:Handlers that worked with most Term progs.

Well, I now seem to be collecting 300 baud modems :) Next on my list is an 830. Anyone have one - please drop me a PM. I'm in a spending mood.

All I have is an XM301, great modem, used the hell out of it.

When I started using a modem with my Atari my first was a 1200 baud Signalman Mk.XII, on to a Supra 2400, and then to an Intel 14.4. Funny thing is I now have 2 boxed 300 baud modems acquired as part of a large lot, an XM301 and a Supra/MPP1000E.

The only time I used a 300 baud modem was with my brothers Commodore PET.

What was really neat about both the MPP 1000C and the MPP 1000E was that they could work at 450 baud. So as long as you connected between two MPP modems, you could go at blinding speed. LOL.

Yep, I used to do 450bps with a buddy of mine. Smart Terminal let you see the blocks coming across so sometimes you'd catch some text while sending games.