IGNORED

V: The Mini Series Atari 2600 Hombrew at PRGE - Info Needed

Dr Manhattan

While I was covering PRGE 2013 I ran into some folks who said they were going to be selling a 2600 game based on V: The Mini Series. If you were at the show, this was the booth next to the guy with the life size remote control R2-D2.

Was anyone here able to get a copy of this game? Unfortunately I had to leave the show early and the seller was still waiting for the game to arrive VIA FexEx. I gave him my business card and said that I was a guaranteed sale but I have yet to hear from him.

If you have any information on this game please let me know. Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

Here's the site for updates:

http://www.vtheoriginalvideogame.com/

I've been told the game will not be released until some glitches are worked out. Suggest everyone check the site regularly.

Thank you!

I'm a big fan of this series and I'm looking forward to the final game. However I was best man at my friend's wedding and he's a HUGE fan of this series, even has his own costumes and props, so I'm going to have to get him a copy as well.

• 5 years later...

Looks like I was taken for whatever the game cost. I immediately paid when this was promised, seeing it has been about 6 years and no updates or games, I am doubtful this will ever be released.

That sucks. Interestingly, that website, bfstats posted, has a current copyright. :ponder:

Just to weigh in, my last correspondence with the "V Development Team" was in February of 2015, and it stated the game was NOT canceled, that a major member of the team had withdrawn, and that "the game is moving forward with a few minor changes and (we're) doing a complete audit on deposits, full payments, etc before the game is finally released to make sure it all adds up."

To their credit, I did eventually get a refund of my 2013 PRGE purchase price - in a roundabout way.

Not sure this will work, but the email used was...

devteam@vtheoriginalvideogame.com

...in case anyone wants to take a whack at an up-to-date update.

Please post any news here.

• Like 1

Back in 1983 almost every school kids in my playground, every adult at the water cooler and every family can't stop talking about this new TV mini series call 'V' I try to capture the feel of the series by turning the show into a classic 80s anime style. Have fun. I drew it all on wacom tablet and using Clip Studio Paint Pro.

post-5587-0-99413700-1556087354_thumb.png

• Like 4

Back in 1983 almost every school kids in my playground, every adult at the water cooler and every family can't stop talking about this new TV mini series call 'V' I try to capture the feel of the series by turning the show into a classic 80s anime style. Have fun. I drew it all on wacom tablet and using Clip Studio Paint Pro.

That's badass. I always wanted a videogame of V. I saw it as a laserdisc gamer, like Firefox.