IGNORED

The definition of PRE ORDER

Rev

Seems like an interesting topic these days.

This is from Wikipedia.

A pre-order is an order placed for an item which has not yet been released. The idea for pre-orders came when people found it hard to get popular items in stores due to their popularity. Companies were then given the idea to allow people to reserve their own personal copy, before the release, which has been a huge success. Pre-orders allow consumers to guarantee immediate delivery on release, manufacturers can gauge how much demand there will be and hence how large initial production runs should be, and sellers can be assured of minimum sales. Additionally, high pre-order rates can be used to further increase sales.

This was another definition I found:

verb

noun: pre-order

order (an item of merchandise) before it is available, with the understanding that it will be shipped later.

noun

noun: pre-order

an order for an item that has not yet been made commercially available.

I had a pretty good pun involving the guy who did the pre order runs for that Mental Flatus game for the original Odyssey. Unfortunately, I posted it in the wrong topic.

That being said, I'm not sure that any other definition other than being able to order something before it's out counts.

I've seen many promising games fall flat before or during shipment. I'm kinda leery of the whole concept.

The better term for Rocketeer is crowdfunding. You paid money to make a project possible. Yes its delayed, but its disgusting what happens at the moment in this forum. Instead if throwing dirt in every single thread just make a descision and dont order Groovys products in the future. Some people here pretent that he has done a crime, which is pretty hilarious. Unfortunately some people here seem to choose a side since Hover Bovver has failed, but thats honestly stupid.

Sorry, but the whole situation just pisses me off.

WTF? I thought Rocketeer was done and finished? Purchased this about a month and a half ago from the store here and while my order hasn't shipped yet (Al explained he was waiting on a chip for a 2600 brew I bought), nobody mentioned anything about a Rocketeer holdup! lol

That said - I'd MUCH rather wait for the damned thing to be truly finished and bug free. Seems too often, LOTS of homebrews are sold before the code is truly bug free. Not cool. And that's something we sure as shit didn't experience BITD. Remember when games were games and their authors were proud of it? :lol:

The better term for Rocketeer is crowdfunding. You paid money to make a project possible. Yes its delayed, but its disgusting what happens at the moment in this forum. Instead if throwing dirt in every single thread just make a descision and dont order Groovys products in the future. Some people here pretent that he has done a crime, which is pretty hilarious. Unfortunately some people here seem to choose a side since Hover Bovver has failed, but thats honestly stupid.

Sorry, but the whole situation just pisses me off.

drama-llama.jpg

I've pre-ordered three items and have no idea when they are coming out. I knew that delays were a possibility when I placed the order, so I'm okay with waiting.

One thing that developers could do that would reassure their customers would be to send a personal PM to every one saying that they will get their item eventually. This would take about an hour, maybe less. I haven't received any such PMs from the three developers I've sent money to, and I would appreciate the courtesy if it happened.

• Like 1

For the Intellivision games, I have tried to take pride in communicating well with everyone and not taking payments for something I was not ready to ship. I am saddened to see what is happening in the Intellivision world lately as people lose faith in the producers and the pleasure of collecting. These negative discussion only poison more. Please try to keep the discussions positive and stop all the drama. Most of us love the Intellivision because of childhood memories; times that were innocent.

Edited by intvdave
  • Like 4

For the Intellivision games, I have tried to take pride in communicating well with everyone and not taking payments for something I was not ready to ship. I am saddened to see what is happening in the Intellivision world lately as people lose faith in the producers and the pleasure of collecting. These negative discussion only poison more. Please try to keep the discussions positive and stop all the drama. Most of us love the Intellivision because of childhood memories; times that were innocent.

I agree, and you have done EXCELLENT!

I prepaid for Mars mini Games and Rocketer too = $80

and I also paid for 2 SGM (Colecovision scene) there are 6 months maybe = $200 and I never received any emails from the guy. He came and back, came and back and never answered me. I can say if he owned a company, it should be the worst customer service... :(

I prepaid for Mars mini Games and Rocketer too = $80

and I also paid for 2 SGM (Colecovision scene) there are 6 months maybe = $200 and I never received any emails from the guy. He came and back, came and back and never answered me. I can say if he owned a company, it should be the worst customer service... :(

Same deal here, though I'm on the second run of SGM's, so my wait is extra long (not sure when you ordered yours)...

• 2 weeks later...