IGNORED

Ice-T XE 2.76 released

itaych

• 9 months later...
  • 9 months later...
4 minutes ago, Jacques said:

While Ice-T is the best terminal program and I use it quite often, it would be great if there was VBXE enhanced version (like e.g. Last Word or Sparta Commander).

Any chance it will happen one day, please? :)

I wouldn't hold my breath:

On 10/14/2013 at 12:25 PM, itaych said:

I've answered this before when I was asked to do a VBXE version. Ice-T cannot change its graphic rendering engine as one changes their socks. The 80-column Graphics 8 bitmap concept is deeply ingrained into every part of the code. This would require a rewrite of almost everything.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/217539-ice-t-xe-276-released/?do=findComment&comment=2847312

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Jacques said:

Of course I didn't expect it to be a quick hack, so although the chance is slim, maybe one day... ;)

If the motivation is there, it's possible. We've all been there. I never used to care about abstracting display drivers from mainline code, and some of the best A8 software (Action!, to name but one) has inextricable links to the standard forty column display. As soon as I decided to add an 80 column display to my word processor, my approach changed. Now mainline code - even if it bypasses CIO when driving the screen - is abstracted from the display driver. Not that it's always easy or even necessary (if one has no intention of supporting non-standard displays, or happens to be ethically opposed to the idea).

• Like 3

• 3 years later...