IGNORED

Wii U TVii lets you doodle on live TV

godslabrat

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/new-tvii-feature-allows-users-to-doodle-over-live-tv/1100-6414102/

I've been waiting for new developments on the TVii front for months. Ever since I've started looking into the WiiU, I thought TVii had the greatest potential out of all its features, in terms of making the console more than just a standard Wii with a dorky controller.

And this, THIS is the news I hear.

Yeah, so if you've ever dreamed of being John Madden, this is the feature for you! Now you can doodle all over what's on TV to your heart's content. Lessons in talking loudly and stating the obvious are sold separately.

So many things Nintendo could do to make this feature awesome... add DVR support, add IR support for AVRs, increase interaction with cable boxes. But no, screw that, they knew doodle action was going to be the thing.

I'd been saying that this was a fantastic feature, and it would be just like Nintendo to under-support it until it dies on the vine. Dammit, Nintendo, why do you have to prove me right in such a spectacular fashion?

I really think Nintendo actually thinks people would like this. Should it be a feature on the U? Sure, why not? But it's pretty lame. They're all sitting around a table in some meeting going, "What have we got... Allow people to back up their saves... Allow people to post their screenshots to the web instead of MiiVerse... I got it! Doodling!"