IGNORED

* Disregard * Yurkie Discontinuing ColecoVision Mods

Yurkie

In light of my new DIY composite video mod board I am not discontinuing my mod services. See the link my signature for my Marketplace thread.

It has been great offering mods and selling modded hardware to ColecoVision fans for the last 3 years or so, however things have slowed to the point where it is no longer worthwhile to stock hardware and modding supplies.

I have 6 excellent condition fully refurbished and modded systems to sell that include everything except the power supply for $169 + shipping. I have 2 tested and working power supplies that I will sell with these for $30 extra. Power supplies only sold with system, not separately.

Modded system are: Console is cleaned, refurbished and modded with Intro Skip BIOS and Pause Button. Controllers are cleaned and refurbished and cords are straightened and have ball knobs installed.

I also have the parts to mod about 6 or 8 systems if people wish to send theirs to me. Since I have a surplus of pause buttons and BIOS EPROMS. Prices with be this: System refurbished with all mods $129 + return shipping. Don't want BIOS or Pause subtract $10 for each. Mod services are for console and controller sets together, no consoles only. The ball knobs and straightened cords on controllers have always been free extras, so if you want your controller refurbished but let original that is fine.

As has always been my policy I do not sell parts.

Hardware sales end when I sell these last remaining 6 systems.

Mods end when I run out of supplies or December 13th 2013 whichever comes first.

My sincerest thanks to all my customers and supporters!

Here is a link to my hardware sales and mod thread over in Marketplace.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/172279-yurkies-colecovision-hardware-mods-sales-october-2013/

Edited by Yurkie

Yurkie, I'm curious at how many CVs you've modified for composite video? Feel free to not answer, or give just a ballpark figure.

I was thinking this last night while responding in the Kickstarter App thread, that there's probably 1000+ overall CVs with composite output.

When I bought my used dusty Colecovision from someone here through Luc, he recommended me strongly to use Todd services for refurbishing.

It was one of the best decisions I've taken. He made a great work :), and my Colecovision came looking like new.

BTW, Todd was a beta tester of Princess Quest and some of his comments helped me to enhance the Colecovision version.

Finally, I was surprised that when my package come, the label said "Toledo, Ohio," that was obviously destiny :)

Thanks for all Todd!

No more joystick repairs either???

If so, I'm sad to hear this as I have about eight of them that need fixing, but no money right now to do them.

There will always be a need for your repair service, but you can't really expect a steady stream of business due to the limited number of consoles and joysticks out there.

Thanks though for modding my two systems and refurbishing a pair of joysticks.

It has been great offering mods and selling modded hardware to ColecoVision fans for the last 3 years or so, however things have slowed to the point where it is no longer worthwhile to stock hardware and modding supplies.

I have 6 excellent condition fully refurbished and modded systems to sell that include everything except the power supply for $169 + shipping. I have 2 tested and working power supplies that I will sell with these for $30 extra. Power supplies only sold with system, not separately.

Modded system are: Console is cleaned, refurbished and modded with Intro Skip BIOS and Pause Button. Controllers are cleaned and refurbished and cords are straightened and have ball knobs installed.

I also have the parts to mod about 6 or 8 systems if people wish to send theirs to me. Since I have a surplus of pause buttons and BIOS EPROMS. Prices with be this: System refurbished with all mods $129 + return shipping. Don't want BIOS or Pause subtract $10 for each. Mod services are for console and controller sets together, no consoles only. The ball knobs and straightened cords on controllers have always been free extras, so if you want your controller refurbished but let original that is fine.

As has always been my policy I do not sell parts.

Hardware sales end when I sell these last remaining 6 systems.

Mods end when I run out of supplies or December 13th 2013 whichever comes first.

My sincerest thanks to all my customers and supporters!

Here is a link to my hardware sales and mod thread over in Marketplace.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/172279-yurkies-colecovision-hardware-mods-sales-october-2013/

When I was just getting back into physical retrogaming (not emulators) earlier this year, the modded ColecoVisions were one of the first things I saw, and once I was ready, happily ordered one from Yurkie. It's great and thanks again. Future "new" ColecoVision gamers will be sorry to have this service gone.

Wow, I'm glad I went ahead and had both of mine done. It's hard to run an operation like this because the market is so hot and cold, and it's dealing with 35+ year old tech. Hence the fallout of CRT TV and typewriter repairmen. Sure there is some need for them sporadically nowadays, but nothing consistent.

Anyway, thank you Yurkie for taking the time to perform my mods, I still play mine at least once a week and I appreciate how much better the mods make the playing experience. I'm actually having Apolloboy fix up a 5200 of mine, and if not for him I'm not sure where I would have turned for a trusted mod.

Best of luck to you and for any of you sitting on the fence about it, bust out your credit card and GET IT DONE! You'll be kicking yourself a year from now when you want to get it done and either you can't find someone to do it, or you can't find someone to do it RIGHT!

Last 2 modded systems are pending. I have 2 consoles without controller that I will sell refurbished with all mods for $110 + shipping.

Keep in mind I am still modding consoles and controllers shipped to me until December 13th. Have a system you want to send in send me a pm.

Hi

if there is a console with modded controllers left , please can i ask how much it would be to ship to the uk?

Also what power supply can be used?

can i use a multi adapter style power supply and would it need a step down convertor too to run on uk power?

many thanks

Is there anyone in Canada who offers these sorts of mods? Unfortunately Yurkie doesn't really want to deal with international shipping (not that I blame him, it's kind of a pain in the butt) but I'd still like to at least get an A/V mod done to my system so it's playable on my TV, and unfortunately I have no soldering skills whatsoever so I'd wreck it if I tried to do it myself.

Is there anyone in Canada who offers these sorts of mods? Unfortunately Yurkie doesn't really want to deal with international shipping (not that I blame him, it's kind of a pain in the butt) but I'd still like to at least get an A/V mod done to my system so it's playable on my TV, and unfortunately I have no soldering skills whatsoever so I'd wreck it if I tried to do it myself.

There are a few people that sell modded systems on eBay from time to time, but they usually cost considerably more than a YurkieVision. This particular modded system linked here has a built-in power supply, but the modder completely replaced the CV's power socket which means you might not be able to use the Roller Controller. I say might not because I'm not 100% positive if you could still connect the CV's power supply to the Roller Controller as well as have the new internal power supply providing power to the system. I think it should work fine, but someone would have to verify this.

eBay Seller: 2513620181301?ff3=10&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

www.osgservice.ca

It would be sad to see the knowledge of some these mods go to waste. Maybe since Yurkie is discontinuing the service of these mods and doesn't feel comfortable with international orders, maybe he could do a few video tutorials for us that want to attempt it. Obviously, he wouldn't held accountable is someone breaks their crap. Like how to straighten the cords, how to do the pause switch, how to properly clean the controllers (his way), etc.... How about it Yurkie?

• Like 2

Or what if i arran

Sorry no international sales or mods.

I have a few consoles and 1 console with controllers that are all refurbished and modded if anyone is looking to buy.

how about if i arrange the courier service myself and pay via paypal gift for the console?

then there is no responsibility on yourself for the shipping?