IGNORED

Imagine a $1 million project for Intellivision

scalpel

If I am really just allowed to use it for Intellivision related stuff I would support little projects. Paying developers for completing awesome games. There is really a game like Zelda or Final Fantasy missing, which is probably possible. Intellivision projects are quite affordable, so a million should cover the costs for decades ^^

• Like 1

I'd like to see a true to orig design bluetooth Intellivision controller (with improved fire buttons and the functionality of simultaneous disc/fire/keypad input) that has a built in micro SD card slot that can hold 250+ games which I can play using either a phone, tablet, or HDTV as a display monitor.

I'd like to see a true to orig design bluetooth Intellivision controller (with improved fire buttons and the functionality of simultaneous disc/fire/keypad input) that has a built in micro SD card slot that can hold 250+ games which I can play using either a phone, tablet, or HDTV as a display monitor.

Would you put a touch screen as keypad or would you stick with real overlays?

A million dollars? I would begin by commissioning a souped-up, modernized ECS Computer Adaptor design: keep the original features and make it backward-compatible, but integrate the Intellivision Voice Synthesis Module functionalitywhich really should have been done in the first place, IMHOalong with the following new features: an extra PSG for two more controller inputs and three more voices, a USB keyboard interface, a USB communications port instead of the almost-useless cassette and printer ports, and to replace the weak ECS BASIC, an integrated CC3-like multicart, which would allow direct downloads from the PC for homebrew development and loading and saving to an SD card from within Intellivision games. It would have to come with a nice new injection-molded plastic case, too, complete with a front-loading SD card slot.

Beyond that (and assuming there's enough money left over!), I'd want to solve the problems of scarce replacement parts for the existing Intellivision consoles: authentic new controllers, possibly new replacement chips and metal case plates, or even fully-populated drop-in motherboards which support modern A/V outputs (HDMI) and standard replacement AC adapters.

• Like 1