IGNORED

Sears TELE-GAMES Overlay set (purchase intent)

pboland

Sears TELE-GAMES Overlay Set Purchase Intent.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How many copies do you plan on purchasing?

• (1) Copy
    • (2) Copies
    • (3) Copies
    • (4) Copies
    • More than four (please state in post below)

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

2 copies for me please, 1 for myself and one for my collecting friend.

Jason, please add me to that great list you have made, thanks!

The overlays look great! Dale Wolfson

If I get some time, I may try to update the list with all of the newer entries from this thread. I'm thinking that if everyone who wants multiples is to get them, 100 may be needed. If only 60 are produced, they will probably have to be limited to 1 (maybe 2) copies per person. Of course, this is all up to pboland. I'm just doing my own math to determine demand.

For those interested, I have updated my list combining written interest from both interest threads (not counting the poll results).

Just to be clear, I have no affiliation with pboland or with the release of these overlays. This list has nothing to do with the a pre-order and does not guarantee you anything related to the official TBA overlay set ordering. This list is purely for my own use, but I'm sharing it for those interested. There may be inaccuracies - feel free to notify me if I'm misrepresenting the number of sets you're interested in and I'll fix it on my list and re-post it. If you listed one thing, then changed it later, I took the more recent number.

Sears Overlay Interest (as of 10/28/13)

Some number crunching (again, I have been known to make mistakes):
1. By my count, there are roughly 43 interested parties
- this includes those who have made comments like "interested" "how do I order?" "If the price is right"
2. If everyone is allowed as many as they want, but some people listed a range (like 2-3), and everyone goes with their lower # (2 in this case), then there are currently 60 sets spoken for (not including any for pboland).

3. Same scenario as 2, but if everyone buys the max # of their listed ranges there would be 65 sets spoken for.

4. Same as scenario 3, but if you include a single set for those who have made even vague comments about ordering or are on the fence depending on price, then the count rises to 72.

5. The total from the poll (so far) is 66 sets.

6. The highest number of sets that anyone wanted was 5. Here's the breakdown of the number of people that wanted 1 set, 2 sets, etc:

1 set (16 people based on my list) (24 based on the poll)

2 sets (16 people based on my list) (13 based on the poll)

3 sets (1 person based on my list) (1 based on the poll)

4 sets (1 person based on my list) (2 based on the poll)

5 sets (2 people based on my list) (1 based on the poll)

7. As much as l would like 3 sets (and I hope 100 sets are eventually released....vs 60), a possible solution could be this - If everyone who has pretty much committed to buying 1+ sets is limited to no more than 2 each, then that would add up to 56 sets so far. This doesn't count the vaguely interested folks (dZ, Intellivisiondude, mojotv67, mdoerty, Fushek, Chuck D Head, and Nukeshed). It also doesn't count any that pboland will keep for himself or give/sell to those outside of IntellivisionAge. It also doesn't account for any newcomers after 10/28/13.

Enjoy and talk amongst yourselves :grin:

Edited by JasonlikesINTV
  • Like 1

I believe that 2 sets should be enough for anyone, no matter how you look at it.

If you are trying to keep it at 60 sets, maybe a couple of 3 set buyers, but 4 or 5? really? why???

Even 3 is a push for a common collector. Why so many?

Let the average collector buy 1 or 2, in my case, the second 1 is for a friend. order 2 at most and call it a day. :)

People have varying reasons for wanting multiple sets. Keeping a sealed mint collectible set (most people who want two), opening one set to upgrade their original 29 Sears games (me), recognizing that this is a rare opportunity and that these are special enough to preserve - if not for personal use, possibly to gift or trade to future collectors (Cmart), or to build a giant pile and roll around naked on them while thinking about Bea Arthur (Rev)......

I'm sure that most who want multiples have good reason, though would be content with only two if supply was limited and it meant more people could have them. I'm hoping lots are made and I can buy get three, but we shall see....

I believe that 2 sets should be enough for anyone, no matter how you look at it.

If you are trying to keep it at 60 sets, maybe a couple of 3 set buyers, but 4 or 5? really? why???

Even 3 is a push for a common collector. Why so many?

Let the average collector buy 1 or 2, in my case, the second 1 is for a friend. order 2 at most and call it a day. :)

There will be plenty of copies to go around. Yes, the first go around will be 60 copies. After that I will make them in batches until 100 copies is reached, but no more than 100 copies will ever be made of this collection.

I'm on the last leg of production and I should be ready by Wednesday (11/06) to start taking orders. I will create a topic in the classified section and leave posts in this (and the original) topic giving a link to the classified section for those who wish to purchase. Hopefully that keeps with the rule of not posting things for sale in the regular INTV topic area.

stay tuned...

• Like 2

There will be plenty of copies to go around. Yes, the first go around will be 60 copies. After that I will make them in batches until 100 copies is reached, but no more than 100 copies will ever be made of this collection.

I'm on the last leg of production and I should be ready by Wednesday (11/06) to start taking orders. I will create a topic in the classified section and leave posts in this (and the original) topic giving a link to the classified section for those who wish to purchase. Hopefully that keeps with the rule of not posting things for sale in the regular INTV topic area.

stay tuned...

Great ! Thanks for the information :)

I was going to start taking orders tomorrow(Wednesday), but I hit a snag. :x I should be ready by Thursday/Friday. Sorry for the delay. Again, I will post in the market place and post the link in this thread to the topic in the market place once I'm ready to go.

On a side note, I haven't even looked at postage yet. I can tell you right now that all USA orders will be shipped Priority Mail (no exceptions). As for outside US, I will have to calculate that as the orders come in. Most likely first class mail, but the shipping cost will depend on where you live.

Hang in there guys. Just a little longer.