IGNORED

Pre-orders for Endless Snow 2600 now being accepted

rjchamp3

Unless you decide to offer a toque. ;)

I wondered what you all were talking about so I had to Google it. From Wikipedia:

In Canada, toque, or tuque /ˈtk/, is the common name for a knitted winter hat, or watch cap (also called a beanie). The Canadian English term was assimilated from Canadian French tuque. Toque first appeared in writing around 1870.[2][3][4]

I've never heard of a Toque. Down south we call them "beanies".

I wondered what you all were talking about so I had to Google it. From Wikipedia:

I've never heard of a Toque. Down south we call them "beanies".

I'd never heard of it before. We just call them winter caps or hats. I just took it up after looking up the name as well. :)

dZ.

Its hard to believe people never heard of toques.

It is -41c or -41f (same thing) today with the windchill.. toques are a part of life in winter here also snow shovels.

I bet many never heard of block heaters. But after finding out when it gets -41 cars wont even crank over without one you would remember. Skin also freezes in 5-10 minutes at that temp.

Cant wait till +40c temps 104f. But have to wait 7 months for that..

Edited by Jinks

It is -41c or -41f (same thing) today with the windchill.. toques are a part of life in winter here also snow shovels.

I bet many never heard of block heaters. But after finding out when it gets -41 cars wont even crank over without one you would remember. Skin also freezes in 5-10 minutes at that temp.

Coldest temp I've ever cranked my car up was about 20 or so degrees F. Took about half a second longer than usual to crank and the idle was slightly rough for about a two minutes or so as the frigid engine warmed up. It drove fine though. I believe it had E10 in my tank (10% Ethanol), not pure gas. Ethanol content raises the cold start temp on internal combustion engines so if you live up north putting moonshine in your vehicle (assuming it's flex fuel) during the winter months is probably a dumb idea. I've heard Engine block warmers are only necessary for Diesel engines, not gasoline, although I've never lived in places where the temperature dipped below zero. Teens and below are extremely rare here although it does dip below freezing occasionally. We are getting our first hard freeze of the year tonight (Shreveport, La).

For the record, people do wear "toques" in the south, except we've always referred to them as "beanies." Some beanies seem to do a better job than others of keeping our heads warm though. I think a few of them are more for fashion than performance. Many of the beanies they sell here are either borderline Jr sized or they're too short in general and don't seem to fully cover my ears. Others are too thin. I've never heard the term "toque" a day in my life, until I read this thread. That said, I'd like to have a beanie/toque/whatever-you-call-it for endless snow if you can have one made. Some 2600 sprite art pulled from the game would be nice along with the title. People like us appreciate pixel art.

It's called a hat here

No engines gas or diesel start -40. Without plugging in or a boost. Up north like in NWT or Yukon I have heard they never shut some engines down for weeks as to impossible to get running(buses)

Hats here are like top hats, straw hats, etc. But never toques. Toques are for freezing sub zero temps and skateboarders in summer wearing extremely thin ones.

Its a term regional to Canada and northern US. But we wear toques so much you would think it would be a common language in North America.

Like when I hear someone say ice hockey.. wth there is hockey and thats it. All other forms have words like road hockey etc.

We dont call it grass baseball or outdoor tennis or whatever wouldnt you southern people think we got it wrong if we did?

Maybe another 100 years will straighten out... but we got bigger problems in our world so call it what you want and play Atari!!

No engines gas or diesel start -40. Without plugging in or a boost. Up north like in NWT or Yukon I have heard they never shut some engines down for weeks as to impossible to get running(buses)

Hats here are like top hats, straw hats, etc. But never toques. Toques are for freezing sub zero temps and skateboarders in summer wearing extremely thin ones.

Its a term regional to Canada and northern US. But we wear toques so much you would think it would be a common language in North America.

Like when I hear someone say ice hockey.. wth there is hockey and thats it. All other forms have words like road hockey etc.

We dont call it grass baseball or outdoor tennis or whatever wouldnt you southern people think we got it wrong if we did?

Maybe another 100 years will straighten out... but we got bigger problems in our world so call it what you want and play Atari!!

Shit when I was in Wisconsin my car would not start without the engine block heater and it was prob 10- -5 maybe

A bit of advice

I am a collector and condition is absolutely everything to me.

DO NOT ship any boxes via media mail in a bubbleope.

I received mine today and the label on the game is messed up in two places and the end of the box is bent

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

WOW is all I can say . I cant believe these cib were shipped in a bubbleope . I'm glad I did not purchase one ! I fear buying from anyone other than AA store which is top notch all the way around . Even colecovision homebrew scene uses cheaper cart labels which tend to just fall off or are cut crooked .

Edited by AtariBrian

A bit of advice

I am a collector and condition is absolutely everything to me.

DO NOT ship any boxes via media mail in a bubbleope.

I received mine today and the label on the game is messed up in two places and the end of the box is bent

attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

I kept them FLAT for that reason as for the label I can send you a new one FREE to replace no problem there

I kept them FLAT for that reason as for the label I can send you a new one FREE to replace no problem there

Keeping them flat does not protect them(as seen in my pic) nothing sold in or with a box should be shipped in a bubbleope(a box is the same price)

As for the label, the paper is obviously not the issue, but the adhesive which failed on the end label and the top of the cart.

WOW is all I can say . I cant believe these cib were shipped in a bubbleope . I'm glad I did not purchase one ! I fear buying from anyone other than AA store which is top notch all the way around . Even colecovision homebrew scene uses cheaper cart labels which tend to just fall off or are cut crooked .

I used the BEST label paper and should not have happened I used big bubble envelopes and wrote all over them

It was only the edge thank god it wont be seen it sucks he can PM me

But I buy the best label paper

Keeping them flat does not protect them(as seen in my pic) nothing sold in or with a box should be shipped in a bubbleope(a box is the same price)

As for the label, the paper is obviously not the issue, but the adhesive which failed on the end label and the top of the cart.

Not sure I cleaned them CARTS to the bone prob a faulty label weird

In all honesty GUYS I really thought I was shipping them the BEST way possible, I know how things are when it comes to YOUR carts, I made sure when I got them they were NOT assembled so I could EXTRA clean them and PUT labels on myself....

If anyone else has an issue PM please i'm easy to work with thanks......

But for the future I see what I must do to ship them boxes