IGNORED

Pre-orders for Endless Snow 2600 now being accepted

rjchamp3

Just got mine today...I have yet to fire it up in the ole' H6'er. Sadly, my box was fairly creased. I still am in shock that anyone would send this in a bubble mailer. Very disappointing considering it is such a pretty box.

As for the labels and manual, I can understand the lower-quality looking inkjet format as a means of keeping costs down, but it does detract from the overall package (art, game & box). It is what it is.

Actually The labels were never about keeping costs DOWN I should have laminated them and glossed them

If you want another box it's ON me Pm me let me know enjoy ur game and REST assured no more bubble mailers wink

My CIB also arrived safely and un-damaged today. I had a chance to plug it in tonight. I made 824 points on my first playthrough, so the game at least starts off kind of easy. Also, there's a website url on the Game Over Screen that contains a page about how to obtain the Easter Eggs. No spoilers atm you'll have to look it up yourself but I haven't attempted them yet. Other than that this game is just a simple 4k ROM that feels like it could have easily come out back in the day, simple but fun.

About the build quality I have a few minor critiques. It appears ordinary printer paper was used to make the cart labels. I can see it was obviously done on an inkjet printer. One corner of my end label arrived slightly peeled up. The front label has a white edge on it and the corners are hard right angle cuts. The manual is better quality matte photo card stock, again apparently using the same inkjet print settings. The german manufactured box however is professionally printed on glossy thick card stock and was delivered flat an unassembled. Assembly is very easy to do as the card stock has seams pressed into it. The black cart is signed and dated on the back with a silver Sharpie marker, and the box is done the same way. One nice quality aspect of the professionally printed box art is that the colors seem much more saturated than on the cart and manual. It almost seems like the glossy box is too good to be paired with the cheap inkjet job on the cart/manual. Also when closely examining the box, it appears there are Jpeg compression artifacts barely visible in the image. This can be attributed to low dpi resolution and/or poor compression settings. I would recommend for future projects using a lossless image format such as PNG or TIF and working in as high resolution source material as possible. The image artifacts are a very small caveat, and again is barely noticable except under close inspection.

In the future, you may want to source your labels through Albert of AtariAge, as he seems to do a fine job with them and they have a nice glossy texture as well. I pushed back the cart tray and saw that the PCB has a url printed on it, "justrandy.com" This is good that you are using new PCBs for your game instead of recycling old ones.

Endless Snow Cart, manual, and fully assembled box.

post-33189-0-74596200-1386996792_thumb.jpg

You can see the white seam along the cuts and the peeling corner in the closeup shot below. This is exactly how my cart arrived.

post-33189-0-14352200-1386996857_thumb.jpg

That said, Rudy is a nice guy and it appears he genuinely cares about customer satisfaction. He offered me some glossy replacement labels and I'm going to take him up on the offer.

Edited by stardust4ever
  • Like 1

Printing paper was NOT used to make any labels I used Label paper AFTER trying several kinds I found one to be best, at that point all orders were done some GOT newer type labels......

If I used printing paper the labels would be SEE through and glue would seep through and NONE of that has occur, I will gladly get you new and improved labels soon

The only reason I did not GLOSS the labels was I figured you all wanted the old school retro look....

It does not save me money to make them non glossy in any way lol

My orig Idea was gloss, and as for having another person doing the labels, yeah ah no not gonna happen but, I will make sure they are Glossy and cut for my next project 100%

All replacement boxes have been ordered it will be a little bit

second shipping BOXES are to be in my hands shortly and I'm making fresh colorful labels now for the few who had issues

Thanks for all your orders and stay tuned my next game coming soon with Laminated Glossy Labels

Got my 2 copies, came in perfect shape. Love the artwork, the label being non glossy doesn't bother me at all. Love the description on the back. If it was rated G, it just wouldn't be a Rudy J. Ferretti game. Anyone who knows him will understand. Haven't played the game yet but will on Monday. I'll give my 2 cents on gameplay then. But so far a huge thumbs up to the new programmer. Thanks for helping to keep the 2600 alive!

• Like 1

Sure http://endlesssnow2600.com/ I sell boxed loose and optional box add ons shipping is included in the US

5 additional Can and International varies

Thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!

That link seems to go to some placeholder page. I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned that and posted a screenshot. That's all I see. Nothing about the game. Can you PM me your paypal name and how much it will cost for a loose cart and shipping to the US and I will send you the cash?

That link seems to go to some placeholder page. I think someone earlier in the thread mentioned that and posted a screenshot. That's all I see. Nothing about the game. Can you PM me your paypal name and how much it will cost for a loose cart and shipping to the US and I will send you the cash?

Are you sure you're not infected with a virus or something? Try it more than once. I click on it and get to the page just fine.

I was able to get to it.

If I click the link with PeerBlock active, it goes to that phantom page. Even if I turn off PeerBlock and try to reload it will not work but if I turn off PeerBlock before I open the browser, the link it works.

Paypal is thenesdreammaster@yahoo.com 35.00 loose shipped and manual inc.