IGNORED

Good Luck Charlie Brown

Cody_Rock2001

• 2 weeks later...

To make the game more interesting to play I wanted to add some more realistic kite physics. But I never got very far.

And since we have no idea how the game was meant to be (with the 2nd stage completely missing) IMO it makes little sense to finish it base on pure speculations.

...since we have no idea how the game was meant to be (with the 2nd stage completely missing) IMO it makes little sense to finish it base on pure speculations.

Uh, yeah...well said my friend.

Lets just say that a couple years ago someone tried just that with another proto for another system and the results were very ugly.

Personally, I feel that "enhancing" unreleased protos, such as in the manner in which 2600 Turbo was handled, is perfect.

The buyer gets the original, buggy or incomplete as it may be, as well as a more playable version of what might have been.

However, "completing" or "altering" an unreleased proto through pure speculation based on screenshots, game play descriptions, or whatever, is a huge mistake.

Edited by Supergun

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Did anybody ever try contacting the programmer, Christopher Omarzu and ask him if he remembers?

Yes, but he's been living largely "off the grid" in recent years and is a bit hard to get a hold of. He was present at the 2012 CGE according to the guest list, although I was not in attendance so I don't really know for sure.