IGNORED

Recent Game Pickups - 43 Games! Back from Portland

Metal Jesus

Great Vid! So many things...

1. Melvins! Saw them in Dallas long ago with Helmet. I've attributed some of my hearing loss to that concert.

2. I wish I lived close enough to go to the PRGE. I live in Longview, but that's Longview, Texas... not Oregon.

3. I remember watching KISS meets the Phantom of the Park on like USA network or something a while back... lol... yeah... not the greatest movie ever...

4. I have the same issues with GTA that you do. I never finished 3 because of a mission I just couldn't pass (one where I had to kill a certain number of gang members in a certain time limit using drive-by). GTA IV I got tired of and always hated the driving camera. GTA V has been awesome. Finished single-player main story (still have all the extras to finish up) and working on multi-player. Hopefully you won't be troubled by all the issues they've had lately... (I had a lvl 25 character deleted.) I will say, try to play in a private session with friends. A lot of people online (at least on XBox Live) are real dicks and just run around shooting all the other players. Little to no cooperation.

5. I've played the Hitchhiker's Guide text adventure a long time ago. Very fun game. The extras your copy has are really cool.

6. If you get the C64 plug-n-play converted into a full C64, you should play some of the games you talked about on it for a follow-up review.

Strange that the C64 DTV plug-n-play is hard to find nowadays. It had multiple revisions, and even the first revision had its first production run in the quarter million range (reports at the time, repeated now on Wikipedia, say QVC's purchase of that full run numbered ~250,000). I guess they just rarely go up for sale these days.

The PSP camera you have is the 1.3-megapixel original model. At the time, Sony didn't release any game software for use with it. Like the PSP's GPS add-on that also never released in North America, it was just added functionality. A few years later, Sony developed a 0.3-megapixel camera model (i.e., it can go up to 640 x 480 for still pictures), cheap enough so that it could be bundled with newly developed games without impacting the price significantly. The first such game was Invizimals, developed by Spanish studio Novarama and released in Europe in 2009. An augmented reality game reminiscent of Pokémon (capturing and battling creatures), it was popular enough in Europe to spawn two sequels on the PSP (in 2010 and 2011), and a PSV game and PS3 game are scheduled for debut in February 2014 alongside a 26-episode animated series. North America got the first and second games only, and both were a year behind their European releases. Aside from the Invizimals trilogy, the PSP camera is also used by the PSP edition of EyePet and its sequel, released in 2010/2011 (North America didn't get the sequel; clearly, the European PSP market has been livelier than the American one for this demographic).

If you want something really unique for your PSP, definitely look these up.

onmode-ky