IGNORED

nanopeb case

dhe

I bought one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/nanoPEB-V2-Compact-Flash-Drive-Controller-and-RS232-Port-for-the-TI-99-4a-/200978431134?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160

!They sure did go fast!

Has anyone built a "case" for one of these, since these kind of sit out in the open, I'm kind of worried about something like a piece of hair, bit of lead pencil etc shorting it out.

I was thinking light card board like you would find in a shoe box, and cutting and taping it into the pattern of a shroud?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

I bought one of these:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/nanoPEB-V2-Compact-Flash-Drive-Controller-and-RS232-Port-for-the-TI-99-4a-/200978431134?ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:3160

!They sure did go fast!

Has anyone built a "case" for one of these, since these kind of sit out in the open, I'm kind of worried about something like a piece of hair, bit of lead pencil etc shorting it out.

I was thinking light card board like you would find in a shoe box, and cutting and taping it into the pattern of a shroud?

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Dan

Someone on this forum built one out of very thin plastic (cuttable with scissors, I think) and glued the pieces together with superglue—but, I can't find it. Here's a topic that asked the same question, but does not lead to the topic where the plastic box was shown. I suppose it might be on one of the Yahoo fora; but, I'm sure I saw it here. Others will be chiming in shortly.

...lee

Has anyone built a "case" for one of these, since these kind of sit out in the open,

Hi Dan,

I made a plastic box for mine. I went to the local Dollar Tree and purchased a black plastic clipboard, a plastic folder would work just as well if it's not "bowed". You want it stiff enough to hold it's shape, but thick enough that you can score the bends without cutting through it. I laid it out in paper first to get the exact shape then I transferred the shape to the plastic before cutting.

Once I did the folds I only had to glue the tab on the front for it to hold it's shape. It's open in the back so the cables are unobstructed.

A couple of close views....

Hey, it only cost me a buck......

Edited by Kevan
  • Like 1

Sure... assuming you've already clicked on your icon at the top of the screen, went to the gallery and already uploaded the picture....

Go in to re-edit your post, position the cursor where you want the photo to appear, CLICK THE MOUSE ON "MY MEDIA", select gallery and click on the photo you want. Viola, when you are done, click FINISHED and you'll be back to the edit screen.

Give it a shot!

UPDATE: I just checked your personal gallery.... it's empty! Upload a few pictures first!

Or if you want to link an image from another site, RIGHT CLICK on the image, select COPY IMAGE URL and then post that link here.

FOR EXAMPLE : photo-26567.jpg?_r=1382731909

Edited by Kevan

this is my creation

:grin: :grin: :grin:

DUDE! I'm GREEN WITH ENVY!!!!

That is pretty much what I've been dying for... for the past year! Where did you get it? Can they be reproduced?

BTW- I like the cartridge... you have a VERY NICE setup!

I only have one complaint... you need MORE pictures in your gallery! :-D

@Virios That looks suspiciously like a Hex-Bus Interface or late-model Speech Synthesizer case. Did you buy one of the cases Ernie Pergrem was selling a couple of years back or did you find one somewhere else? In any event, it does make a very nice addition to the side of the console. How did you connect it up internally? That would be a very nice project to have documented.

• Like 2

@Virios That looks suspiciously like a Hex-Bus Interface or late-model Speech Synthesizer case. Did you buy one of the cases Ernie Pergrem was selling a couple of years back or did you find one somewhere else? In any event, it does make a very nice addition to the side of the console. How did you connect it up internally? That would be a very nice project to have documented.

I'm just guessing, but I'm thinking one of the earlier units two-piece units with the ribbon cable between the halfs. That is without a doubt, the best Nano case I've seen yet.

If anyone ever wants to design and build a new version of the Nano, getting a look at a case like that before hand would be a plus, as figuring out a way to copy it. I'm ready to upgrade! After seeing his unit, I feel like I'm driving broken down VW Bug next to his Lexus!

BTW - Did anyone else notice that the last grouping of Nano-PEB's that were sold were listed as "COM1 & RS232".

Ksarul, I agree, it would be nice to see more of that setup.

Hello Ksarul, what you see is a prototype of the speech synthesizer case purchased a couple of years ago by Epergrem, you have a beautiful memory.

I changed internally and I have stayed there the CF7 + with 4gb memory card.

I'm designing a PCB which incorporates the speech synthesizer and the CF7, but I have little time on their hands.

Bye

• Like 1