IGNORED

PC Game Deals

JamesD

For Square that is as good as it ever gets with the 50% stuff as it's rare. I wonder if they bled over into android and ios too this week. I'd snap up FF9 on one of the two, not sure which as I have the phone on me always, but on android I have my tablet that can go into the TV so it's a trade off.

It worked for me. Remember that people mostly complain in reviews, that's not a success rate. Plus I'm sure GOG would return your eight dollars if you really couldn't run it.

It's a little rough on the eyes but it's fast and fun. I like mouse and keyboard controls for this game.

• Like 1

It worked for me. Remember that people mostly complain in reviews, that's not a success rate. Plus I'm sure GOG would return your eight dollars if you really couldn't run it.

It's a little rough on the eyes but it's fast and fun. I like mouse and keyboard controls for this game.

Yeah, I noticed their new(ish) refund system, and took a risk.

There's a lot I don't like about it, but it launches.

For the price I paid, maybe it shouldn't trigger UAC, or mess with my resolution, and maybe it should have default joystick bindings for more than menus. Otherwise, it's time for me and Ebe Endocott to kick child-vader's rear.

edit: so I can't really blame them for no default controls--they're accessed by clicking the 'default' button. Since they're blank at startup, that would make it not a truly default setting, but I can forgive them because the game makes me too happy and I can't stop smiling. Now if only I could get it to do 4:3 without touching the 1080p resolution, so I could capture/stream it.

Edited by Reaperman

Guest LiqMat

It's a little rough on the eyes but it's fast and fun.

Rough on the eyes? It looks completely like real life man. Seriously, though, I thought this game looked so damn good when it came out and now all I can see is raw polygons, but somehow it still holds up in the gameplay dept. $8 well spent IMO.

• Like 1

That seems to be a case with some of that N64 library. There are these really good games where the genre hasn't changed or progressed in the primary mechanics in the last 20 years so it's just down to turning your nose up to big polygons and basic (or shaded no texture) polygons. Indiana Jones, Rogue Squadron and Shadows of the Empire all on PC/N64 have aged fine in the big picture, Indy perhaps better than the others as it has some fine detail perhaps since it's slow moving/less taxing with more confined spaces. Turok1 and 2 also got PC upgrades, still plays the old way or you can go keyboard/mouse on that too. It just kind of depends. I should grab the game I do miss it, but 15% isn't going to make me bite for now as I have a couple new things I'm toying with anyway right now in games so it's wishlisted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

GoG summer sale is going on for about the next couple of weeks, up to 90% off. I saw some things like Magic Carpet 1 and 2 for 85% off making it 89 cents. Yooka Laylee hits a new 70% off low too. Quite a few games have larger cuts, like the 2 Disney games that always were 15% off are 50% off now (Aladdian, Lion King.)

$5 spent = free copy of Sunless Sea

$20 spent = RIME (not on sale, $30 retail.)

GoG summer sale is going on for about the next couple of weeks, up to 90% off. I saw some things like Magic Carpet 1 and 2 for 85% off making it 89 cents. Yooka Laylee hits a new 70% off low too. Quite a few games have larger cuts, like the 2 Disney games that always were 15% off are 50% off now (Aladdian, Lion King.)

$5 spent = free copy of Sunless Sea

$20 spent = RIME (not on sale, $30 retail.)

I've got my cart loaded up with many of the Sierra titles I don't already have, at 40% off. I don't think I've ever seen them discounted more than that. Rise of the Dragon and Heart of China are only 20% off, so I'm holding off on those.

I really want to play RIME, so I have been questioning which games on sale have any value enough to me to really bother and I'm kind of having trouble pulling the trigger spending to get something for 1/3 off in the end.

Yooka Laylee, Epic Pinball + something would probably be it.