IGNORED

PC Game Deals

JamesD

I think Epic is mainly beneficial to the devs/publishers rather than the gamers. Less user options including (unless it's been added recently) the ability to leave user reviews and I think they had to use steam forums to help fix at least one game issue in the epic store already ;) All it really ends up being is a fragmentation of the PC game market. Lots of people like to go "more choice!" with where to buy games but when games are being made exclusive to one store or another that's not more choice but more software you need to install to keep the same choice you had before. ;)

Odds are I doubt I'll ever be tempted to use the Epic store. Much like I have never been tempted to use Origin. I have steam and gog and that's plenty. (And like others, I just have way too much to play as it is so being lured onto new platforms with free games just isn't a thing for me anymore.)

• Like 3

Sounds like the bullshit going on with the TV industry now. Cable wouldn't grow up and allow people to have more reasonable packages or even ala carte pricing on which stations they wanted and instead just kept jacking up the yearly rates. PEople bitched, then Netflix and Huly were born, then Sling and Amazon got in on the racket, and more have me-too their way into it like Youtube and the rest, and finally independent channels being a-holes hiding quality stuff behind their little pay walls.

They justify that it's only ike $5-10/mo to get (whatever, Star Trek, Cobra Kai, etc) but if you start looking into it. You get Netflix for like $12, hulu for the same for no ads, then you have an amazon sub that's another $110 now for Prime (for year), youtube, CBS access etc and suddenly you're not saving much and it's sick. People bitched themselves into an even more obnoxious fragmented pain in the ass non-solution solution so now they can pay 10 different sources a cheaper rate per source but maybe not on the whole instead of just from one outlet.

I'm looking to dump cable myself in a few months when they try and double my price when the contract ends. My wife wants no TV, but I work from home and I record stuff off like a half dozen channels at most, and mostly just from History, Cartoon Network, and some of those Discovery/A&E stations for my lunch break and things. They're all on SLING blue for $25/mo +5 for the DVR service. If she wants nothing of it, fine, I'll take it out of my personal budget and keep it to myself. Problem is a thing or two I care about are added charges even there I won't pay up for so ...oh well. :P

Well I'm not ashamed to get free games from Epic, Origin, Uplay or any other none-Steam store cause why the hell should I be?

Besides I can launch all those other storefronts from my Steam client (just like adding PC games) and let them do the updating & log-ins w/o any full screen game getting tied up by that bullcrap. So yeah I do have more choice than just only having games from Steam alone...

When did they add that game? I've always been curious about it and why it got dumped on so much. I ignored the loser comments and just let the game go by as i felt it was probably some group think gang up and be irrational garbage about it.

A friend of mine actually pre-ordered it and still kept the faith in spite of the delays and negative stories about Ion Storm. When he finally did get to play the game, he was so PO'ed with the first levels that he loaded the final level of DOOM II to kill off the severed head of John Romero with a chainsaw. True story...

So yeah only those who actually played the game on release gets to bitch about it and not the forum kids 20 years later. The patches does fix the gameplay a lot but there's still issues with the level design in the first chapter.

For only a buck-fifty I won't complain and I'll use cheat codes because if the game deosn't play fair, why should I?

I see no harm in that at all and I'd have to agree. I remember all the bitching back in the day, and maybe subconsciously is why I've avoided their work since and never realized it was on that site. I at times wish my plate was clear but I have games to take down so I don't even have an upcoming interest list in my mind either really. Had I the time I've got Daikatana now wishlisted but I've also had Soul Reaver too as I liked it on Dreamcast. The thing is a game like Daikatana, especially if using cheats can't be all that terribly long as FPS games usually are a few hours or so longer but nothing nuts so it could be worth the push.

Use this code at bethesda.net to get TESIII for free: TES25TH-MORROWIND

And it's not working lol: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/330790/25th-anniversary-code-is-not-working

I would be upset if I didn't already own the game...

Edited by DragonGrafx-16

Use this code at bethesda.net to get TESIII for free: TES25TH-MORROWIND

And it's not working lol: https://bethesda.net/community/topic/330790/25th-anniversary-code-is-not-working

I would be upset if I didn't already own the game...

"The Redeem Code feature is currently unavailable. Please reattempt this action a little bit later." :P

*edit*

It's taking codes now, but saying the code is invalid. So they are working on it.

Edited by JamesD

I wanted to point out that one of the games on sale on GOG is STALKER Call of Pripyat for the low price of $5.99. It's considered the most polished out of the series, and the Call of Chernobyl mod is the most fun and satisfying time I've had with any post apocalyptic game. The world feels real and it oozes atmosphere. There's a few add-ons for the mod too, and so far it hasn't crashed on me if I run it as administrator. The world unfortunately isn't one giant map like Bethesda's games, but that hopefully may change one day. If you're curious, just watch some videos of it on YouTube.