IGNORED

PC Game Deals

JamesD

"During its E3 2019 press conference, Ubisoft threw out a slew of announcements for both upcoming games and new expansions for the studio's recently released titles. The developer also announced a surprise free trial for The Division 2, which will start very soon.

The Division 2 free trial will begin on June 13 and continue to June 16. "

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3-2019-the-division-2-will-be-free-for-a-limited-/1100-6467639/?ftag=NLS-04-10aaa1d

I loved the first game so I'm really excited for this.

So I finally went to play Age of Wonders III and I quit the game before I even started. In the original you could create a character for the singleplayer campaign and here you are forced to use a preset one. Meh...

On 6/14/2019 at 8:01 PM, Flojomojo said:

GOG has TOONSTRUCK! for free at the moment, limited time.

I grabbed it, because hey, free game, but it looks pretty goofy. Is it any good?

Haven't even downloaded it yet, but it's in my GOG collection if I ever get around to it.
There are probably 500 games in my collection spread across all the different game platforms, and I haven't even gotten around to playing all the ones I've paid for yet.  I'll probably never live long enough to play it.

• Like 1

I’m going to do this. 

Basically you you max out your Xbox Live prepaid subscription up to 36 months (I just got 2 years for $54 each from Costco)

then upgrade to Game Pass Ultimate (normally $15/month)

but they credit you for other memberships 

all for a buck???

I’m in!

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2019/06/psa-upgrade-three-years-of-xbox-live-to-game-pass-ultimate-for-just-1/?comments=1

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great game, got it on GoG last year and was having a blast until my then crappy HDD under warranty failed on me twice within a year, erased all my work and I never went back. ?  The game is unique and not at the same time, very very worthwhile to play and free is all the better.

Also if $8 off is your jam, Fanatical is running a key sale for Bloodstained on Steam at the moment, not sure if it's one of those 24hr things or not to go look.

Edited by Tanooki

2 hours ago, JamesD said:

It's one of my favorite 'murder simulators.'  Usually people use the term for mindless spree killing games, etc, but The Deed is a rare game that focuses as much or more on planning/preparation.  My first time through I figured 'there's no way I'm going to be invested in killing somebody in just the 15-30 it takes to play through'--nope, the characters are written to provide just the right motivation.  My first go I played through it 3 completely different ways.  Highly recommended experience.

Edited by Reaperman

On 6/27/2019 at 2:43 PM, JamesD said:

Fanatical has Quantum Break for $9.99.  It looks interesting, anyone here play it before?
https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/quantum-break

Never mind, it's that price on steam without going through Fanatical.
Steam reviews are "Mostly Positive"

I played the XBox One version of Quantum Break when it first came out.  I think the game was mostly misunderstood.  If you like Sci-Fi action television shows and you want to interact with one, then I think you will like Quantum Break.  The game includes full 30 minute episodes that break up the various game chapters.  Those episodes contain story content that is going on outside of the events that surround the main character.  I think this threw people a bit - especially if you didn't like those characters.

I think you should approach Quantum break like binge watching a Netflix series.  Playing the game is Episode 1, watching the first vid is Episode 2.  Playing again is Episode 3, etc.

I frankly really liked the story, but I very much like story driven single player games.  In fact, when I hear a criticism of a game like linearshort, single-player I kinda seek those games out to find out what I think about them.  In this case, it was a hit for me.  I even got 100% achievements.

Here's a thread on AA about it

• Like 1

The Ubisoft UPLAY app is promoting their upcoming Uplay+ service by offering a free trial. 
You can sign up now, and in September you'll get an email, and will be able to try out the service from Sept 3rd - Sept 30th for free.
"Cancel anytime"... which probably means you'll have to give them payment info, and you will be billed if you don't cancel.

It would be a good time to take some of their games for a test drive.