IGNORED

PC Game Deals

JamesD

36 minutes ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Not games, but great deal ($25 total) on Corel software, including PaintShopPro Ultimate and Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate:

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/painter-create-with-confidence

Wow I can't believe paintshop Pro is still around, I used to use that in the 90's to do pixel art for Forgotten Realms Unlimited Adventures etc. lol

1 hour ago, PlaysWithWolves said:

Not games, but great deal ($25 total) on Corel software, including PaintShopPro Ultimate and Pinnacle Studio 23 Ultimate:

https://www.humblebundle.com/software/painter-create-with-confidence

Oh wow... as a digital artist who's only using open source software right now, I'll have to look into this.

I used PSP for many years, then moved to Photoshop eight or ten years ago.  Recently needed to update some artwork for Songbird that was the in PSP format.  I was surprised to find it could read both Adobe PDF and PSD files.

They still offer a free, 30 day and fully-functional trial:  https://www.paintshoppro.com/en/free-trials/

I still use Paintshop Pro and have since about 2003 or so? I don't upgrade it each year, but I do upgrade it about every 2 -3 years. I still use an older version of Paintshop Pro 9 when it was still under JASC at work and even as old as it is, it still works even today!

I'd give it a try but I found years ago that Adobe when they killed a bunch of their earlier photoshop and others tools for their cloud setup and paying by the month packages they let a few things go for free to download so I've been using CS2 for years, and before that I did use a licensed copy of 5.5.  Never could tolerate GIMP, tried, just hated it, and for a time I was using this nice one called Paint.NET which I'm sure it still kicking too that's also I think donation ware or just free I forget.  I do remember using Paintshop Pro but I think it was some old DOS version of all things in the 90s.

Paint Shop Pro has seemed to have turned into a photo editor only! It can't even create new (blank) projects! Good thing the bundle game with Corel Painter 2019 as that is something I would actually use. But I also do a lot of graphic design work. PSP is useless for that because you can't even create a project! Even Painter doesn't seem to have it's own file formats but at least it saves as PSD files.

9 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Paint Shop Pro has seemed to have turned into a photo editor only! It can't even create new (blank) projects! Good thing the bundle game with Corel Painter 2019 as that is something I would actually use. But I also do a lot of graphic design work. PSP is useless for that because you can't even create a project! Even Painter doesn't seem to have it's own file formats but at least it saves as PSD files.

Um... that doesn't sound right to me. Now granted the latest I have is PSP 2018 Ultimate but I know I can start a brand new project in that just fine. I can still create and import my own textures etc just like before. They just move where everything goes with each version now folder wise, but yeah. So unless the new 2020 version is VASTLY different, I find it hard to believe. Now they do have a Photo only like editor but it is a separate product from PSP and I've never used it. Again, I tend to wait until they or Best Buy offers an amazing deal for the Utlimate editions. I was able to get my copy of Ultimate 2018 for instance for only $30 delivered in physical form as an example using the upgrade offer at the time from Corel.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2019 at 4:37 AM, DragonGrafx-16 said:

That's cool and all but I have a real DOS PC to play them on and there's no way to download the games.

Why not?

The update of these MS-DOS games comes from a project called eXoDOS.

ExoDOS provides a torrent and comes with preconfigured DosBox/ScummVM for easy playing. But I'm sure you can extract the files to run it on a real DOS computer. Now I only need to find about 500GB of free disc space to download it ?

Robert

GOG has a decent amount of good games on sale right now from Deep Silver and some post-apocalyptic games like the Fallout series. Part of their weekend sale includes the Descent games, which you can get all three for just over $10. Since I missed out on getting Overload when it was on sale, I decided to get them. I tried playing with a HOTAS joystick, but I'm either way out of practice or I need to stick with the keyboard or a combination of the two. Anyways, there's a couple of source ports you can pick from that add support for modern resolutions and enhanced graphics, so it's worth checking out if you like the series.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, rdemming said:

Not games and not strickly Atari but probably still interesting for a lot of us, some Fusion Retro Books PDFs are currently free (Ocean, US Gold and Olivier Twin History, Amiga, C64, ZX-Spectum in Pixels):

https://fusionretrobooks.com/collections/pdf

Robert

Did you mean to post this under a different area?  Not sure Modern Gaming > PC Game Deals is going to give it the right visibility.  Perhaps Classic Computing would be better?