PC Game Deals

JamesD

Origin has this bundle right now:

Order Summary

1062450_MB_142x200_en_US_%5E_2017-08-15-
Battlefield™ 1 & Titanfall® 2 Ultimate Bundle
PC Download
Origin Great Game Guarantee: Eligible

See individual items for redemption and download instructions.
Subscription start date:
Payment plan: ,
Next billing date:
Payment Method:
$11.99
Qty: 1
1061002_MB_142x200_en_US_%5E_2017-07-10-
Titanfall® 2: Ultimate Edition
PC Download

Subscription start date:
Next billing date:
Payment Method:
Included
1039096_MB_142x200_en_US_%5E_2016-05-06-
Titanfall® 2 Deluxe Edition
PC Download

To download your game just visit the "My Games" section of Origin.
Subscription start date:
Next billing date:
Payment Method:
Included
1060309_MB_142x200_en_US_%5E_2017-07-11-
Titanfall® 2: Underground R-201 Carbine

Origin Great Game Guarantee: Not Eligible

Your content will be available for use the next time you launch your game.
Subscription start date:
Next billing date:
Payment Method:
Included
1061024_MB_142x200_en_US_%5E_2017-07-12-
Titanfall® 2: Jump Start Pack
PC Download

Subscription start date:
Next billing date:
Payment Method:
Included
1051827_MB_142x200_en_US_%5E_2017-08-09-
Battlefield™ 1 Revolution
PC Download

Subscription start date:
Next billing date:
Payment Method:
Included
1026023_MB_142x200_en_US_%5E_2016-05-11-
Battlefield™ 1
PC Download

To download your game just visit the "My Game Library" section of Origin.
Subscription start date:
Next billing date:
Payment Method:
Included
1036380_MB_142x200_en_US_%5E_2016-08-11-
Battlefield™ 1 Premium Pass
PC Download

To download your game just visit the "My Games" section of Origin.
Subscription start date:
Next billing date:
Payment Method:
Included
1042196_MB_142x200_en_GB_%5E_2017-09-13-
Battlefield™ 1 Heroes of the Great War Bundle
PC Download

Subscription start date:
Next billing date:
Payment Method:
Included
Subtotal
$11.99
Tax
$0.66
Total Price
$12.65

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

It's not specifically the DRM as much as that would piss me off on physical media.  I am mostly annoyed at having yet another thing running in the background to run specific games because people are bribing developers for exclusives (full or timed) more and more, in particular Epic has been at it lately.  I really don't need like 5 game stores running background processes perpetually updating and running 24/7 making me have all my stuff spread all over the place.  Bugs me enough having to use steam with GoG, but Steam gets those console level releases more so it's a necessity more than desirable.

The new GOG client lets you view all your stuff in a unified view: Steam, GOG, Origin, Epic, Ubisoft, and even console stuff. They still run in the background, of course, and they're bloated and need constant updates. 

I agree that it's somewhat annoying to have multiple software launchers, but competition is nice to have. Every store has a little something that makes it worthwhile. Epic's best feature is the free stuff. It's all of high quality and there are no strings. They all want to control their own little piece of the pie. 

Maybe someday we will get a "Movies Anywhere" type account linkage for games. The GOG-Steam linking showed promise but didn't really amount to much. 

• Like 3

I agree with @Tanooki on this. I do have the new GOG Galaxy client in place and it is nice, but I've stated at least one issue I've found with it in regards to Steam games that have extra popups that come up when you launch the game that the new GOG client doesn't seem to know how to handle. 

It is nice to have the one client to be able to access my entire library from Steam, Origin, and GOG. But it also opens up those additional clients in order to launch the games from within it. As a result you do end up with multiple clients operating in the background and that is more than annoying.

I do not have any of these clients set to start automatically with Windows. As a result, I'm likely to not use the new GOG client since I have shortcuts for all of these games loaded up anyway catagorized in Genre folders on my desktop anyway. Since the shortcuts open up the clients already when launched, the GOG side isn't really needed in my case. And I usually remember to shut down the client manually before firing up another game that uses a different client to keep it all in check.

Maybe if the GOG client had the option to shut down the steam or origin or whatever client it opened to start the game when you exit the game, then I might be more inclined to use it.

• Like 1

See I could get more on board if GoG Galaxy as it leaves beta into final adds such things I'd be a little less put off.  I don't even keep steam active in the background as I have a very limited amount of games as I've either 75%+ off of 'gog-connected' most my steam stuff over to GoG anyway.  The rest were humble filler or junk I'm being over with to the point I did another feature Steam has GoG won't add that irks me, FULL removal of the game from an account.  I've got like twice the games than show on my GoG acct as they're hidden garbage, and with Steam you can use their site, type a name in, get two 'are you sure...' boxes and it's outta there.

12 minutes ago, JamesD said:

If I remember right, EPIC offers game publishers a better deal than Steam, so companies have been pulling their games from Steam in favor of EPIC. 
Guess that means we'd better get used to EPIC.

I flat out will not buy a new PC game if it's not on Steam or GoG… if they pull the game from a platform that it has already sold on then I'm not interested in it.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JamesD said:

If I remember right, EPIC offers game publishers a better deal than Steam, so companies have been pulling their games from Steam in favor of EPIC. 
Guess that means we'd better get used to EPIC.

Epic is worth it just for the free games. I probably have 20 from them and only paid for one (Metro Exodus).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Punisher5.0 said:

Epic is worth it just for the free games. I probably have 20 from them and only paid for one (Metro Exodus).

I know, I got a ton of free games on epic it's unbelievable, mainly because I started from the very beginning with them. Only thing I miss is achievements, other than that they can keep on churning out free games every month I'll be there to collect them. :D

Having multiple clients is really annoying but I like what Gog is doing, I'm not going to complain though at least I'm not paying some fee every year to get free games or just to play online with someone. Still think Xbox Live and PS plus is ridiculous for charging but at the very least you could get some discounts if you look for deals.

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is on sale right now for a little bit over $3, I so wish they make sequels\remasters to this someday. The Metro Redux games are also on sale for cheap I beat all of them really cool shooters kind of scary....

https://www.gog.com/games?page=1&sort=popularity&tab=on_sale

20 hours ago, cimerians said:

Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic is on sale right now for a little bit over $3, I so wish they make sequels\remasters to this someday. The Metro Redux games are also on sale for cheap I beat all of them really cool shooters kind of scary....

I picked up KotoR 2 for about $3 today, I already had the first and now I get to play through the second. Thanks for the heads up on this deal!

• Like 1