IGNORED

PC Game Deals

JamesD

3 hours ago, Razzie.P said:

Ah, was hoping they'd have the original Blood Omen, but doesn't look like that's for sale anywhere digitally.

That's weird, I could've sworn it used to be.

Maybe they dropped it because it doesn't really run on modern computers?

I grabbed CoD WW2 for $19.50~ and I also saw that Star Trek Bridge Crew was like 70% off (7.50) which is the cheapest or near so rate over on Humble Bundle, and sometime a year or so back they patched it to play without VR goggles.  It's a bit deep I"m still trying to get comfortable with the controls but it's stunning.

Also the cheese low quality model HD port of Dementium II HD from the DS original is all of $2 (instead of $10 or 15 I forget which) up on Steam at the moment.  It gets panned by those upset about the visuals and things, but it's a DS port of all things, and $2 is far better than paying $40-45 for a beat up loose cartridge.

On 5/11/2020 at 5:12 PM, Asaki said:

Might be a licensing thing since Silicon Knights worked on it unlike the rest of the series, not sure. I can't remember it ever being on there, but my memory isn't the best.

On 5/11/2020 at 1:08 PM, Razzie.P said:

Ah, was hoping they'd have the original Blood Omen, but doesn't look like that's for sale anywhere digitally.

On 5/11/2020 at 4:12 PM, Asaki said:

On 5/13/2020 at 3:05 AM, xenomorpher said:

Might be a licensing thing since Silicon Knights worked on it unlike the rest of the series, not sure. I can't remember it ever being on there, but my memory isn't the best.

On 5/13/2020 at 8:41 AM, cimerians said:

99% sure the original never came out on PC thru GOG other than CD in the 90s. Someone modified it to make it playable ages ago but I could never get it to work always settled on the PS1 emulation  ?

I've never been able to find it on PC, but am aware of the original release on CD.

Until recently, I had never played this game, but it was one of the first ones that I went for when I got a modded PS Classic.  Its nice - probably an 8 out of 10 for the era. You can definitely see the similarity to something like Zelda.  However, there was a lot of time spent in the menus and on the map; travelling between locations for no good reason.  The game could have been streamlined quite a bit to get you actually PLAYING it which would help a 2020 gamer.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, wongojack said:

I've never been able to find it on PC, but am aware of the original release on CD.

Until recently, I had never played this game, but it was one of the first ones that I went for when I got a modded PS Classic.  Its nice - probably an 8 out of 10 for the era. You can definitely see the similarity to something like Zelda.  However, there was a lot of time spent in the menus and on the map; travelling between locations for no good reason.  The game could have been streamlined quite a bit to get you actually PLAYING it which would help a 2020 gamer.

Since you like it on PS, you should definitely check it out on PC if you ever get the chance.  I don't remember the specifics, but I got it on PS back in 97 or so (when it was the new and shiny thing to have) and didn't like it much.  But... I played the PC version around that same time and absolutely loved it!    I've gone back to the PS version a few times recently, and it just feels off.   If I can figure out a convenient way to play my PC version again, I'd like to see if I still have that love for it, or if my memory has twisted it around a bit.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, wongojack said:

However, there was a lot of time spent in the menus and on the map; travelling between locations for no good reason.  The game could have been streamlined quite a bit to get you actually PLAYING it which would help a 2020 gamer.

Yeah that's the worst part of the game specially if you play it today, you almost have to draw a map or never stop playing the game otherwise you'll never know/remember where you've been or where you need to go. i did beat it back in the day on PS1 and it's definitely a cool game I've always preferred this one over the 3D ones they came out with later.

Just found this interesting post

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cimerians said:

Epic stores back up so you can grab Grand Theft Auto 5 also don't forget to pick up thimbleweed park it's also free  

1 hour ago, Punisher5.0 said:

Its still down for me :(

I got in and created an account for the first time.  I got GTA V, but Thimbleweed Park is not free (currently).

27 minutes ago, Punisher5.0 said:

I finally got into Epic and claimed GTA even though I have it on Steam. Control is really tempting at $20 with the $10 coupon. I might have to bite on that one.

I was eyeing that too, though I'm leaning more towards Rebel Galaxy Outlaw or The Ghostbusters HD remaster.

I think these are half games half BBC type documentaries I think you can walk around in these things and do stuff but they're free right now, I read somewhere that they're pretty good

Ubisoft Assassins Creed: Discovery Tour - Ancient Greece

https://store.ubi.com/us/discovery-tour--ancient-greece-by-ubisoft/5d4041f35cdf9a07d09464ad.html?lang=en_US

Ubisoft Assassins Creed: Discovery Tour - Ancient Egypt

https://store.ubi.com/us/discovery-tour-by-assassins-creed-ancient-egypt/5a7d728d0c8ee45b54018f25.html?lang=en_US

• Like 1