IGNORED

PC Game Deals

JamesD

10 hours ago, rdemming said:

It is not the regular Thimbleweed Park game but the spin-off Delores: A Thimbleweed Park mini-adventure that is free.

Robert

3 hours ago, cimerians said:

Thats it! My mistake thought\looked like the main game.

I figured that was the confusion.  That one seems to be free everywhere.

20 hours ago, MCHufnagel said:

As already stated, when you get GTA V, Epic store will give you a $10 off coupon. Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with all DLC is only $14.99. So with the coupon, it will be $4.99! A great deal on a great game.

Not sure if they changed the price, but it's now $14.98, one penny less than the minimum price to use the coupon. I picked up Far Cry 5 instead, which is $14.99, and so $4.99 after the coupon.

1 minute ago, boxpressed said:

Not sure if they changed the price, but it's now $14.98, one penny less than the minimum price to use the coupon. I picked up Far Cry 5 instead, which is $14.99, and so $4.99 after the coupon.

I ran into that the last time they gave me a coupon.

1 hour ago, boxpressed said:

Not sure if they changed the price, but it's now $14.98, one penny less than the minimum price to use the coupon.

Just keep an eye out, GoG has cheap sales (and sometimes giveaways) on the Witcher games all the time.

On 5/16/2020 at 7:22 PM, boxpressed said:

Damn,

I didn't notice the penny difference. GOG has it for $14.99 right now.

Edited by MCHufnagel

On 5/18/2020 at 10:36 PM, JamesD said:

Rumor has it that the next free Epic games will be (1 per week):
Civilization VI
Borderlands: The Handsome Collection
Ark Survival Evolved

Looks like the "Rumor" was a leak.  Civilization VI is up!  Woo hoo!

I've been considering that Civ6 game for either my phone or Switch, but I never pull the trigger since I can't tell if it's that great given the changes and restructuring toward being a more mobile centric title, yet not speedy like Civ Revolutions was.  Shame it's on Epic, I'd love to try it out.

12 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I've been considering that Civ6 game for either my phone or Switch, but I never pull the trigger since I can't tell if it's that great given the changes and restructuring toward being a more mobile centric title, yet not speedy like Civ Revolutions was.  Shame it's on Epic, I'd love to try it out.

I have no problem with Epic. They give me free games every Thursday and I then ignore them the rest of the week. And many games are DRM free. I have actually moved games to pcs without the Epic client and they work just fine.

7 hours ago, MCHufnagel said:

I have no problem with Epic. They give me free games every Thursday and I then ignore them the rest of the week. And many games are DRM free. I have actually moved games to pcs without the Epic client and they work just fine.

I really do not understand this strange obsession with Steam. I managed to avoid it until 2011 despite being almost exclusively a Mac/PC gamer since like 1995 and I do not see anything special about it. I'd much rather have game discs and CD keys. Epic is the same thing as Steam from what I can tell except it's a different company and maybe there's no Epic launcher thing like what Steam has. Discussing it in detail is definitely off-topic, though, so this is as much as I'll say here.

15 minutes ago, Steven Pendleton said:

I really do not understand this strange obsession with Steam. I managed to avoid it until 2011 despite being almost exclusively a Mac/PC gamer since like 1995 and I do not see anything special about it. I'd much rather have game discs and CD keys. Epic is the same thing as Steam from what I can tell except it's a different company and maybe there's no Epic launcher thing like what Steam has. Discussing it in detail is definitely off-topic, though, so this is as much as I'll say here.

A lot of people got mad at Epic when they pulled Metro Exodus from Steam right before game launch.

1 minute ago, Punisher5.0 said:

A lot of people got mad at Epic when they pulled Metro Exodus from Steam right before game launch.

Did they do that? I still have not gotten around to buying/playing that and I want to. I think I'd like to upgrade my computer first, though, as it's showing signs of age and the front headphone and mic jacks got damaged in shipping 2 years ago. I still have not finished reading Metro 2033. It's a decent book, and eventually I want to finish it. The author, who is apparently fluent in English, doesn't like the translation, unfortunately.

Epic basically is a somewhat more mismanaged clone of Steam, but what got them to take off in size so fast was the fact they decided to take a hit and instead of taking the larger cut (I think it's like 1/3) at Steam of the profits, they did like 1/2 or less of that so stuff like Metro happened and others have bailed or have done timed/outright exclusivity releases which infuriated a lot of PC gamers as it came off as multiple levels of sleazy.  I personally want nothing to do with another lame front end that has to be present just for the games to work, sucks enough Steam is like that so my game list is very small.  Most of what I do have is actual physical or potential physical due to how GoG handles their files.