IGNORED

PC Game Deals

JamesD

12 hours ago, cimerians said:

Sega sale, Sonic Generations is $1 and almost all the Sega Genesis games are 99 cents. I have almost everything lol

https://store.steampowered.com/publisher/Sega

The joys of region-locking. This is one of the few things that I do like about modern consoles; my ability to buy games is not restricted by my Japanese IP address. Most Sega games (and some oddities like Metal Gear Rising) are not available on Steam in Japan for whatever reason. They are getting better about it, but it's still annoying.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure what Ubisoft forward is, I think it's some kind of news channel for them but if you click register on their site you'll get Watch Dogs 2 for free

https://register.ubisoft.com/ubisoft-forward-reward/en-US

It took one day for me to get the email so just be patient not sure also if this is a limited time thing. After I got the email the game showed up in my Uplay account

13 hours ago, cimerians said:

I'm not sure what Ubisoft forward is, I think it's some kind of news channel for them but if you click register on their site you'll get Watch Dogs 2 for free

It took one day for me to get the email so just be patient not sure also if this is a limited time thing. After I got the email the game showed up in my Uplay account

Ubisoft Forward was their version of a Nintendo Direct in place of E3. Ubisoft Backward is how their executives in Montreal act.

• Like 1

On 7/13/2020 at 5:18 PM, cimerians said:

Maybe if you click on the link I posted a week earlier, you might find out?

19 minutes ago, JamesD said:

Maybe if you click on the link I posted a week earlier, you might find out?

I tend not to click on links without any comment….also quite frankly I could give a shit about Ubisoft as a general thing, so clicking on that link was of zero interest to me (no offense). Only reason I 'found out' about this is because they sent me an email directly saying "go here, click register, get this for free". Little effort for a game I’ll probably never play but I'll take it if it's free. 

On 7/14/2020 at 6:31 PM, cimerians said:

I tend not to click on links without any comment….also quite frankly I could give a shit about Ubisoft as a general thing, so clicking on that link was of zero interest to me (no offense). Only reason I 'found out' about this is because they sent me an email directly saying "go here, click register, get this for free". Little effort for a game I’ll probably never play but I'll take it if it's free. 

You mean the link that says "https://www.pcgamer.com/watch-dogs-2-will-be-free-to-own-during-ubisofts-upcoming-digital-showcase/"
                                                                                      ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

4 hours ago, JamesD said:

That URL that says Ubisoft forward? My original post said I don't know what it Forward is, I didn't click on your link or even bothered to scroll up to see it. Yeah I'm a lazy shit, lets move on. There's a double post, big deal. Come on man.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, cimerians said:

That URL that says Ubisoft forward? My original post said I don't know what it Forward is, I didn't click on your link or even bothered to scroll up to see it. Yeah I'm a lazy shit, lets move on. There's a double post, big deal. Come on man.

I reposted it and you still didn't read it.  It didn't even say "Ubisoft forward" ?

Oh well.

• Like 1

Nice deal for a pretty cool strategy game + all DLC (I beat Valk 3):  Valkyria Chronicles 4 Complete Edition $10.19 on Newegg (steam code), use this code to get a discount to make it $8.19:

EMCDNGN34

https://www.newegg.com/sega-valkyria-chronicles-4/p/N82E16832203329?item=N82E16832203329&utm_medium=Email&utm_source=IGNEFL071720&cm_mmc=EMC-IGNEFL071720-_-EMC-071720-Index-_-DownloadableGames-_-32203329-S2A3D&ignorebbr=1

If you never bought from Newegg before you will not see anything that says “steam”...usually. But it is. Annoyingly they email you the code so you have to wait a bit for the email that contains the steam code.

Is that game any good for free.  I'm reading the paid subscription and it looks like it locks you at a lower level which I'd have to wonder would keep you out of later end game stuff or side content, perhaps even parties with other paying types who don't want a weakling around as it looks co-op heavy.

17 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

I'd just play them in MAME anyway.

You can do that with the Humble Bundle versions, but I guess the Steam ones are encrypted. Dunno about Twitch, haven't downloaded them yet (I probably had them all already anyway).

I got that Humble Bundle when it first was rolled out 5 years ago.  The emulator works fine, but the important thing are the nice juicy rom sets you're paying for sitting in zip files all nice and pretty for each title independently.  You're basically paying for a single use emulator, but mainly for a single license to some arcade game ROM sets, namely the big ones being Twinkle Star Sprites, but also the never was before MVS release of Ironclad.

This may not be worth the hassle but you can claim Valiant Hearts for free off your phone but only if you do it off your phone through the Ubisoft Chinese website:

https://store.ubi.com/ie/valiant-hearts---the-great-war/56c4948d88a7e300458b4890.html

I had to translate it then login with my account, exit out, click on the link again and then claim it.

Edited by cimerians