IGNORED

PC Game Deals

JamesD

5 hours ago, cimerians said:

The concert is what makes up the gigs I think. I downloaded the non 4k version (its huge). I wont bother watching it though I'm not THAT big of a fan of this series.

Nah, the concert is separate from the rest of the goodie packs in the "Goodies Collection", and each different encode of it is separate as well.

5 hours ago, cimerians said:

Its this:

2 books, a concert and Gwent cards for the Gwent game and of course the Witcher game which everyone owns. 

The cards are: Sunset Wanderers, Yennefer of Vengerberg, Ciri, Vesemir Mentor

Ah, okay. I guess I must have missed it, because I didn't see anything about it on your link.

Here's what's in the Goodies Collection. See what I mean? Gigabytes of ZIP files with no clues as to their contents.

image.thumb.png.20a559285e3b39d901001863b24bb4b7.png

• Like 1

That’s impressive.  It’s so sad to me. I have wild hunt on switch and from a trade but hadn’t the time yet to get to it. I have the gog release too but it’s basic 3 so it lacks the fluff so cross play shouldn’t work so well.  I hear nothing but good things.  Time…

3 hours ago, Tanooki said:

That’s impressive.  It’s so sad to me. I have wild hunt on switch and from a trade but hadn’t the time yet to get to it. I have the gog release too but it’s basic 3 so it lacks the fluff so cross play shouldn’t work so well.  I hear nothing but good things.  Time…

I got the first two games for free, I think the third game was only $10 or so?

I played the first game for a few hours and enjoyed it, but the combat is a little weird. It's basically just "click the mouse when we tell you to".

23 hours ago, Tanooki said:

Click when we tell you to?  That sounds strange.

It's kind of like PSO, where the icon changes or whatever to let you know when to click again. Keep those combo chains going or whatever.

It's really not great, but it's not bad enough to make me want to stop playing or anything like that.

...at least not yet.

And joining Fight Clubs in the bars for money is kind of funny.

Edited by Asaki

On 7/24/2021 at 10:21 PM, Asaki said:

It's kind of like PSO, where the icon changes or whatever to let you know when to click again. Keep those combo chains going or whatever.

It's really not great, but it's not bad enough to make me want to stop playing or anything like that.

...at least not yet.

And joining Fight Clubs in the bars for money is kind of funny.

Actually I felt that way for all three games (mainly the first two). I beat all of them and the second one I just didn't care for all around. The third one the production quality is through the roof but for some reason I still didn't care for that world, the characters etc. It didn't help that the majority of quests are: take a job, use Witcher sense, kill monster, get paid, repeat. Maybe throw a decision in there now and then. I guess you could really get into the crafting and stuff like that but I don't know, it's not great and it's not bad….its just good enough to keep playing to finish it and (for me) not go back again.

Edited by cimerians

2 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

More free stuff on GOG: Ultima Underworld 1+2, Syndicate Plus, and Syndicate Wars

https://www.gog.com/promo/rerelease_ultima_underworld_and_syndicate

What what?  That's nuts, they recently were forced by the trolls at EA to remove those games.  Before they went down I picked off Syndicate Plus in case I wanted to play it down the line as it's good. (Had Ultima already.)

32 minutes ago, Tanooki said:

What what?  That's nuts, they recently were forced by the trolls at EA to remove those games.  Before they went down I picked off Syndicate Plus in case I wanted to play it down the line as it's good. (Had Ultima already.)

I wouldn't be surprised if it was someone's way of giving EA the middle finger. Works for me in that case!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

GoG just dropped a half dozen new (old) Star Trek game releases over there with good hard cut discounts on each for the launch.  Depending on taste there's probably a bit for everyone.  Two of the (the?) best FPS games for the franchise with Elite Forces 1 and 2, bridge commanding, third academy release, 2 armada and an away team game.

1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

GoG just dropped a half dozen new (old) Star Trek game releases over there with good hard cut discounts on each for the launch.  Depending on taste there's probably a bit for everyone.  Two of the (the?) best FPS games for the franchise with Elite Forces 1 and 2, bridge commanding, third academy release, 2 armada and an away team game.

Sweet I'll have to grab the Elite Force games... they used to be unobtainum. 

22 hours ago, DragonGrafx-16 said:

No kidding, I've had luck.  A year ago found #1 at a half price books for like $5 which had me laughing how expensive that one is and promptly found updated hacks to get it to work in windows10 so it's fun.  #2 seems to rate a bit less but still liked a lot, it has been there and I just ignored it for $10 and has been for a long time.  With GoG though, and me not wanting to just flip the junk, I'm all in on that buy.

I'd just love to know more about the others, very unfamiliar with them.

On 9/9/2021 at 12:09 PM, DragonGrafx-16 said:

Really? My uncle straight up gave me a copy of Elite Force and a copy of Bridge Commander (and the ST TNG Technical Manual) in 2005.

Anyway, Crysis and Warhead are $4.99 each on GOG right now.

4 hours ago, Steven Pendleton said:

Really? My uncle straight up gave me a copy of Elite Force and a copy of Bridge Commander (and the ST TNG Technical Manual) in 2005.

Anyway, Crysis and Warhead are $4.99 each on GOG right now.

Really... the CDRoms were like $80 at some point.