IGNORED

PC Game Deals

JamesD

Space Hulk is a board game so many people didn't like it and expected something else. If there is a demo I would say definitely try it first. I used to play the old PS1 game as crappy as it was but I'm a fan of the old boardgame so I put up with it. :P

Heroes V as cheezy as it was...was pretty good. Still my all time favorite is HOMM 3.

Couple of interesting items on sale…. btw… there is more on sale that doesn't show up on the main page… have thought about picking up the Ys Chronicles.

I generally prefer at least partial controller support. That's because I am coming from the console side of things, and my memory about which keys to use for which game isn't so great. Some of these games work nicely under Crossover Mac (wine)… Fallout New Vegas is an example. But there isn't an easy way to get a controller working (mine… wired 360 controller) under OS X's version of wine (seems to work better under Linux).

I wonder if I would be better off setting up an XP virtual machine and running any lighter weight games there…. yes…. I have Win 7 under bootcamp and for game like Skyrim, that is the way to go. But I'd rather avoid the reboot game if there is a work around.

humble bundle has another deal.

Natural Selection 2
Sanctum 2
Magica + DLC

Pay more than the average and it also includes:

Orcs Must Die 2: Complete Pack
Serious Sam 3: BFE

Several soundtracks are also included and more games are supposed to be added to the pack and will be included if you pay over the average.
The current average is $4.16

https://www.humblebundle.com

humble bundle has another deal.

Natural Selection 2

Sanctum 2

Magica + DLC

Pay more than the average and it also includes:

Orcs Must Die 2: Complete Pack

Serious Sam 3: BFE

Several soundtracks are also included and more games are supposed to be added to the pack and will be included if you pay over the average.

The current average is $4.16

https://www.humblebundle.com

These are the added games:

Sanctum: Collection

Orcs Must Die! GOTY

Cities in Motion 2

The humble weekly sale includes:

Multimedia Fusion 2

Vincere Totus Astrum (Who named this?)

Odd Planet

Splotches

Faerie Solitare

MANOS: The Hands of Fate

Pitiri 1977

For $6 or more it also includes:

knytt Underground

Really Big Sky

NightSky

Soundtracks also included

I guess they already changed it to:

Zeno Clash 1&2

Killing Floor

Dwarfs!?

$6 to unlock:

Rock of Ages

Rising Storm

I wanted to check out MANOS, I guess I was too slow, but I've been enjoying the heck out of Killing Floor. I'm still working on getting the Aliens mod to work.

For those who like Fallout, gog is giving away 1, 2, and Tactics for free for the next 18hrs.

http://www.gog.com/promo/fallout_series_giveaway_winter_promo_2013

*edit*

Apparently they're giving it away as part of the winter promo, but also because the rights of the series is potentially going to change hands soon, which may see the series vanish from GOG. Unless you already own it in your collection by then at which point you'll be able to download it regardless.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2013/12/12/fallout-1-2-and-tactics-free-in-gog-winter-sale-ahead-of-their-possible-removal/

For those who don't know much about gog.com, there's a bunch more free games available on the site, and now and then there are time-limited freebies plus lots of sales for the most part without any drm. (There's been a couple of exceptions inthe past like the Witcher II etc iirc)

Edited by Mord
  • Like 1