IGNORED

I hate it when people do this.

PacManPlus

Yes, I see this all the time too. there's also several hozer titles right now on eBay that can probably be bought for $10 but they are asking $30.

the Princess Rescue that went for $300 is a slightly different story, it was sold right after AtariAge received the C&D order so you couldn't actually buy it from the store anymore, also, It wasn't a BIN. it was an auction meaning the value is placed on the buyer. a few others have been sold since and haven't commanded nearly that price.

Most of the hozer games up right now are from Hozer himself, lol

• Like 1

Someone will eventually fall victim for this, when they can get them here at AA for $30:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/atari-7800-Super-Cobra-with-Instruction-manual-limited-print-run-/131024797672?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e81afbfe8

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-7800-Moon-Cresta-with-Manual-Awesome-Classic-/131026520727?pt=Video_Games_Games&hash=item1e81ca0a97

I don't mean to give this person free advertising, but I hate when someone is trying to rip off other people.

Al should put a few of these on ebay :twisted:

That guys ebay account should be banned,

And he staright disrespected PMP and atariage.

You want me to find him and kick his ass for you Bob?

Not the same person but still... what the what!?!?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1310246259171?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=131024625917&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Funny thing is, the tag on the cart says $.50 and yet at least one or two people were stupid enough to bid on it.

I initially was shocked by this, but looking closer at the auction I doubt the bidder was legitimate since it was a 0 feedback bidder and he/she were the two bids shown. This double shill bidding is sometimes an effective way to bait other bidders into bidding on the item. Moreover, the bidder's history shows that he only has 7 total bids, all with THIS seller. Shady Seller I'd say.

Not the same person but still... what the what!?!?

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 1310246259171?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=131024625917&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Funny thing is, the tag on the cart says $.50 and yet at least one or two people were stupid enough to bid on it.

That actually looks like a private, purposely mislabeled auction, the like of which I've read about before. In other words, the seller agreed to sell "something" to the buyer for $50.00 (notice that the one and only bidder had zero feedback, as if the bidder had created the account solely for that transaction alone, or as rhcocker already noted, this buyer has had several similar secret purchases with this seller before). So in a private e-mail or by some other private means, the seller had already told the prospective buyer that he or she would list the item, which the bidder truly wanted, on Ebay as a loose Pole Position II cart with no other description for $50.00, knowing that nobody else would ever bid on that item for that price. The bidder then recognized the seller's purposely mislabeled auction and bid on the item and will now receive whatever was privately agreed upon for $50.00. Like I said, I've actually learned of these kinds of transactions happening from what I've read on other sites, but I honestly don't know how it all works or why it happens. For some reason, the seller wants the transaction to occur through Ebay, but if the seller then sends a different item to the bidder, one would think that the bidder would have the power to give the seller negative feedback and/or cause the seller other problems, unless the seller truly includes the loose Pole Position II cart, along with whatever else he or she promised the bidder through private conversations.

Edited by BenjaminStevens
  • Like 1

That actually looks like a private, purposely mislabeled auction, the like of which I've read about before. In other words, the seller agreed to sell "something" to the buyer for $50.00 (notice that the one and only bidder had zero feedback, as if the bidder had created the account solely for that transaction alone, or as rhcocker already noted, this buyer has had several similar secret purchases with this seller before). So in a private e-mail or by some other private means, the seller had already told the prospective buyer that he or she would list the item, which the bidder truly wanted, on Ebay as a loose Pole Position II cart with no other description for $50.00, knowing that nobody else would ever bid on that item for that price. The bidder then recognized the seller's purposely mislabeled auction and bid on the item and will now receive whatever was privately agreed upon for $50.00. Like I said, I've actually learned of these kinds of transactions happening from what I've read on other sites, but I honestly don't know how it all works or why it happens. For some reason, the seller wants the transaction to occur through Ebay, but if the seller then sends a different item to the bidder, one would think that the bidder would have the power to give the seller negative feedback and/or cause the seller other problems, unless the seller truly includes the loose Pole Position II cart, along with whatever else he or she promised the bidder through private conversations.

Why go through all of that trouble, breaking the rules on top of that, when the two parties can just charter a private sale through Paypal and avoid feebay altogether? IMO that's a lot of money in fees just to inflate one's feedback.

I've had several private transactions with members of Atariage and Nitnendoage as well as few others unrelated to video game hobbies, and each time the end result was two happy people. One person got the money they wanted, the other got the goods. Completely legal (well technically this depends on the nature of the goods or services in question) and 3% is a much smaller fee than taking it up Ebay's rear end.

schoolgirl is alright really, once she had a 2600 homebrew for like $200 and I contacted her to tell her that it is an AA homebrew for $25, and I gave her the link, and she thanked me for putting her right.

I could do the same with the7800 titles, but she already has two offers, maybe they're high, so good for her, buy low sell high, it's the American way after all.

schoolgirl is alright really, once she had a 2600 homebrew for like $200 and I contacted her to tell her that it is an AA homebrew for $25, and I gave her the link, and she thanked me for putting her right.

I could do the same with the7800 titles, but she already has two offers, maybe they're high, so good for her, buy low sell high, it's the American way after all.

No, it's not. That's what put US economy into it's stranglehold. Falsely inflated markets due to unscrupulous sales weasels. Allowing or encouraging people to blow normal commerce markets out of porportion "because they can" is the reason we have 8% unemployment and gasoline at nearly $4.00 a gallon.

Sorry, didn't mean to get all political, I know that's a no-no in the regular gaming forums, but as it pertains to this subject, it's accurate. Retro Video Game sellers falsely inflating the value of games on places like ePay and other auction sites are no different than Wall Street swindlers and Subprime Mortgage lenders preying on people's weaknesses or lack of knowledge. Expoliting people is not the American way.

Edited by ColecoGemini
  • Like 1

I don't see how eBay can or would do anything.

Al, here at AtariAge, is where the action should be taken - my suggestion is, ban this person from the site and cut them off from the store. Ban 'em, block 'em, don't sell him anything. This is an egregious violation.

Really, selling a $30 game here for $130 on eBay? That's bad enough. Add the lies and distortions, and it's even worse. It's not just selling later something you bought, enjoyed and no longer want.

And this is what I think of "school girl in a short dress," who I have no doubt is a guy who spends an inordinate amount of time masturbating to images of school girl's in short dresses:

• Like 3

I made a offer on the moon cresta of $30 plus free shipping. He says he can't do that and countered with $99 instead. I told him I would buy from where he got the cartridge in the first place. He said AtariAge is sold out!

That's obviously BS. Did you give him a link to the store?

http://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1012

I really despise dishonest sellers.

..Al

• Like 4