IGNORED

ADAM - Printer Line Feed

344Clinton

Separate (or perhaps related) from my previous post on my adam screen issue.

My printer also has a line feed issue. When I print,(yes, I actually use the daisy wheel and I actually wear earplugs), every few lines, instead of two line feeds, there is one and the line partially print over the above line. It's almost as if the adam thinks the line is superscript.

Also, now when I turn the system on, it get multiple line feeds instead of the one.

Any ideas or test I can attempt to diagnose this issue?

Craig

I would think that this could be the beginning of bigger issues that are to come with the printer and to be more exact the Printer Logic board that is housed inside the printer and mounted on the right side, toward the back. Hopefully this is not the case and a good cleaning of the inside of the printer (platen, gears, logic board, etc.) will remedy these issues especially considering the printer is 30 years old. When you have the top cover removed, I would also remove each of the series of connectors on the Logic Board, clean the pins with Isopropyl Alcohol and then reattach... word to the wise, remove each connector one at a time, clean and then reconnect before moving on to the next one or take a picture beforehand so that you have a reference on how to reconnect everything.

I highly recommend reading thru or downloading all the NIAD Newsletters that are provided in PDF format on Joe B.'s website. There are a slew of articles contained in these newsletters that detail routine maintenance as well as SmartWRITER Worksop articles that contain a wealth of information on using this word processor and work arounds for a number of bugs such as the line feed bug that advances the paper when printing a blank line by 1 1/2 lines. I know it's a lot to read through and absorb, but for anyone still using the ADAM for whatever purpose, these newsletters are a treasure trove of information.

http://www.sacnews.net/adamcomputer/index.html