IGNORED

Pboland's Cartridge Label Printing Service: Everdrive Mana!

I saw a thread about pboland's label printing service, and comissioned a few for him to print. He responded and asked if I would test out two new label materials that he wants to offer, and to give my feedback about their quality and comparisons to stock labels.

I made some templates for a few damaged SNES carts that I wanted to replace, along with a design for a Super Everdrive label. I ended up testing his original print material, a new paper based material, and an extremely high quality polyester label that isn't even paper based. They're printed directly on to the polyester and are really spectacular, although they will cost a premium. I would highly recommend the polyester labels for projects like Everdrives, where you're going to be seeing the label a lot and want something special.

I'm not sure if he wants his email posted publicly, so to place an order you can PM him.

In short all three materials were spectacular. I chose to apply his new paper based label on my Super Everdrive, and the new polyester labels on my two games. I'll eventually be painting a cartridge gold and want to save the premo polyester S-ED label for that. I also had him print an Everdrive-MD cart, and will post my results after I find a mint Genesis cart for it. He also offers to die-cut the labels for a small fee. His die is exactly the same size as a stock SNES label, and the result is better than what I could pull off using an exacto knife.

In short, both of his paper type labels are of nearly identical quality to a new Super Nintendo cart label. The polyester based labels look and feel like they're higher quality than what Nintendo used themselves.

But don't take my word for it:
100_4091.jpg100_4099.jpg

100_4103.jpg100_4115.jpg

100_4118.jpg100_4120.jpg

100_4131.jpg100_4132.jpg

100_4133.jpg100_4140.jpg

Also, my artwork for the Super Everdrive and SD-Card labels are here.(Artwork/template links removed by request of Stone Age Gamer) And here are the Super Ghouls N' Ghosts and Super Mario Kart labels/templates. I left subtle differences between them and the real labels, so they can be identified as reproductions. They aren't exact replicas!

Edited by Smoke Monster

Weird...that Super EverDrive logo looks really familiar. That logo is a trademark of Stone Age Gamer. It should not be sold or distributed without our permission. If you have any issue with this I suggest e-mailing us.

Please note: I don't care about someone making a personal SuperED label, but that logo is a blatant copy of our logo that we designed.

Weird...that Super EverDrive logo looks really familiar. That logo is a trademark of Stone Age Gamer. It should not be sold or distributed without our permission. If you have any issue with this I suggest e-mailing us.

Please note: I don't care about someone making a personal SuperED label, but that logo is a blatant copy of our logo that we designed.

Whatever you do don't sue them into oblivion. This is the first service I've heard that specifically makes Sega Genesis labels :) I'll need that for my own homebrew games.

Whatever you do don't sue them into oblivion. This is the first service I've heard that specifically makes Sega Genesis labels :) I'll need that for my own homebrew games.

I said what I had to say, I don't want to make this into any kind of fight thread. If the person making them or the OP has issue they should e-mail us. As for they are the only people to do this service. You are wrong I know a company that also does this. This company I am very close to, you may even say I am part of it. :)

This is a personal use label that I designed and is not for sale. pboland has no connection to the design of it, nor will he be offering these for sale. His service is simply a label printing service. I actually grabbed the center logo from the Super Everdrive manual, and was under the impression that it was the official logo. Do you have a link to your own label printing service SAG?

I said what I had to say, I don't want to make this into any kind of fight thread. If the person making them or the OP has issue they should e-mail us. As for they are the only people to do this service. You are wrong I know a company that also does this. This company I am very close to, you may even say I am part of it. :)

Just to reiterate, the above Super Everdrive label design is not for sale through pboland. He just prints cartridge labels that users send in. Edited by Smoke Monster

Just to reiterate, the above Super Everdrive label design is not for sale through pboland. He just prints cartridge labels that users send in.

Its all good then. As long at its not being sold or distributed its fine. If its just something you got personally printed I don't have huge issue with it.

• Like 2

Its all good then. As long at its not being sold or distributed its fine. If its just something you got personally printed I don't have huge issue with it.

Thanks. I would go back and edit my original post to make a note of this not being for redistribution, but enough time has posted that I can no longer make edits to it. I'll contact a mod to see if I can update it.

I don't really trust myself to cut the stickers out myself. Is that what you had to do?

I had them die cut because I don't entirely trust myself either. The Everdrive-MD label that I printed will have to be cut by hand though, because of the sdcard input and LED on top. I plan on using a ruler and a new exacto blade when I take that on.
  • Like 1

It looks like my original pictures at postimg went down. These should stay up:

post-35439-0-24193200-1382993405_thumb.jpgpost-35439-0-58062200-1382993390_thumb.jpgpost-35439-0-71599400-1382993417_thumb.jpgpost-35439-0-54506000-1382993430_thumb.jpgpost-35439-0-28065500-1382993443_thumb.jpg post-35439-0-23522600-1382993455_thumb.jpgpost-35439-0-23873600-1382993467_thumb.jpgpost-35439-0-24456800-1382993479_thumb.jpgpost-35439-0-46768900-1382993489_thumb.jpgpost-35439-0-20822100-1382993499_thumb.jpg

As stated above, this design contains elements of Stone Age Gamer's IP (the center Super Everdrive Logo) and is not for sale or redistribution. I didn't realize that the center logo was theirs or I would have made this explicit from the start, and I can no longer make edits to the first post.

Edited by Smoke Monster

I had them die cut because I don't entirely trust myself either. The Everdrive-MD label that I printed will have to be cut by hand though, because of the sdcard input and LED on top. I plan on using a ruler and a new exacto blade when I take that on.

These do not appear to be die-cut (if I am wrong I apologize). They appear to be ink jet printed, laminated, and cut on a cutting machine. Most likely the person who printed these has access to sign making equipment. We have the same ability (we own a cutting machine), but we also have ability to get them die-cut. Getting a small run die-cut often isn't practical due to the setup involved. Cutting them on a cutting machine gives you the flexibility if doing one-off labels. However getting them die-cut on a press is much cheaper for higher quantities and quality is a bit better in my experience. That's not to say cutting machine cut are bad, I have done some and they turned out pretty good.

Cutting machines can do a pretty good job at rounded rectangle designs like most labels are, but are not as good for crazier designs or sharp corners as die-cuts are.

I'm glad you like you labels Smoke Moster. They look great on your carts.

These do not appear to be die-cut (if I am wrong I apologize). They appear to be ink jet printed, laminated, and cut on a cutting machine. Most likely the person who printed these has access to sign making equipment. We have the same ability (we own a cutting machine), but we also have ability to get them die-cut. Getting a small run die-cut often isn't practical due to the setup involved. Cutting them on a cutting machine gives you the flexibility if doing one-off labels. However getting them die-cut on a press is much cheaper for higher quantities and quality is a bit better in my experience. That's not to say cutting machine cut are bad, I have done some and they turned out pretty good.

Cutting machines can do a pretty good job at rounded rectangle designs like most labels are, but are not as good for crazier designs or sharp corners as die-cuts are.

You are pretty close. I do print via photo inkjet printer, but I don't stop there. Each label has a clear top layer laminated to it. This is done so the image doesn't wear off. The labels are then cut on a cutting machine and only the corners are die cut.

As stated above, I only print labels that are supplied to me. I do not stock anybody's art work and resell them. Everdrive label printing is only done as a print service. So if you ask about stock everdrive labels, I have none. If you guys have any other questions, please do not hesitate to PM me. :)

• Like 1

I'm glad you like you labels Smoke Moster. They look great on your carts.

You are pretty close. I do print via photo inkjet printer, but I don't stop there. Each label has a clear top layer laminated to it. This is done so the image doesn't wear off. The labels are then cut on a cutting machine and only the corners are die cut.

As stated above, I only print labels that are supplied to me. I do not stock anybody's art work and resell them. Everdrive label printing is only done as a print service. So if you ask about stock everdrive labels, I have none. If you guys have any other questions, please do not hesitate to PM me. :)

Yes I did mention that they were laminated in my post. I actually bought my cutting machine to cut polystyrene for Turbo EverDrive cases, but someone linked to polyfocus vinyl inkjet sheets and their laminate on another forum so I checked it out. Spent like a whole week making different things with it. I made a bunch of different sprite blow-ups like this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=724304487585961&set=pb.136116593071423.-2207520000.1383001139.&type=3&theater

Yes I did mention that they were laminated in my post. I actually bought my cutting machine to cut polystyrene for Turbo EverDrive cases, but someone linked to polyfocus vinyl inkjet sheets and their laminate on another forum so I checked it out. Spent like a whole week making different things with it. I made a bunch of different sprite blow-ups like this: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=724304487585961&set=pb.136116593071423.-2207520000.1383001139.&type=3&theater

Yes you did mention the laminated part (Sorry about that, I missed it. :( ). I'm surprised that you could tell it was laminated as the material I use looks the same (in pictures) laminated or not. On a side note your blow-up looks really good.