IGNORED

Colecovision's Kickstarter failure is deeply depressing to me

Flojomojo

Bill, what iOS apps do you speak of??? Is that an At Games project?

Yes, as was referenced in the press releases, AtGames will be releasing apps and TV game consoles based on Intellivision and ColecoVision in addition to the properties that they've supported in the past. I don't know timing as of yet.

If the AtGames Intellivision and ColecoVision plug-n-plays turn out as good as the AtGames SMS/GG plug-n-play I own, I will definitely buy them :!: Hope they have at least 30 built-in games each. They would be awesome if they have cartridge support like the AtGames Genesis model. But It would not surprise me if they didn't because the market for Intv and CV combined is still much smaller than for the Genesis.

As long as the number of fingers and spacing on the cartridge connector are fairly standard - sorry to say I never examined it, nor bother to look it up - it might be doable. I read somewhere about the Retron5 that they would have liked to support even more, pre-crash systems like the Atari (2600 I assume), if they could find female cartridge connectors, or perhaps that was affordable connectors. I know a few systems have rather non-standard number of fingers, width of fingers and spacing, making it particularly hard both to produce new cartridges and reader, but I don't know if it is an universal excuse for not adding support for system Y because the cartridges can't be made to fit.

I can confirm there will be no cartridge ports; it will be just fixed games for this iteration. I've recommended strongly that the controllers for both the Intellivision and ColecoVision TV game consoles be backwards compatible with the real hardware. Again, once these are actually in a previewable state, I'll know how successful it all was and what expected features stayed and didn't stay. As for the game selection, it will be the maximum possible allowed by the various licensees. That means obvious omissions, but still a nice selection.

I can confirm there will be no cartridge ports; it will be just fixed games for this iteration. I've recommended strongly that the controllers for both the Intellivision and ColecoVision TV game consoles be backwards compatible with the real hardware. Again, once these are actually in a previewable state, I'll know how successful it all was and what expected features stayed and didn't stay. As for the game selection, it will be the maximum possible allowed by the various licensees. That means obvious omissions, but still a nice selection.

What about homebrew games like Princess Quest? I would put very fair conditions ;) *scratching my head thinking I don't know anything about licenses*

Edited by nanochess

What about homebrew games like Princess Quest? I would put very fair conditions ;) *scratching my head thinking I don't know anything about licenses*

As long as the homebrews are original creations and not borrowed code or licensed properties, they seem to be receptive to the idea. I've already referred several developers/publishers over. What happens from there is out of my control, of course. The opportunities would be both on the console and in any digital products.

• Like 1

No cart port, no SD slot either?

No SD slot in this version, no. It may be an option for future versions if this one does well. You can't necessarily go straight to that option in consideration of the licensees for a first iteration of a product like this.

No SD slot in this version, no. It may be an option for future versions if this one does well. You can't necessarily go straight to that option in consideration of the licensees for a first iteration of a product like this.

I understand, for most consumers it's irrelevant. For a collecting wacko like me, it's mostly required! I do like the option of using the controllers on an actual system though like the Atari Flashback. However, that wouldn't help most Intellivisions which have the controllers attached internally. Thanks.

I understand, for most consumers it's irrelevant. For a collecting wacko like me, it's mostly required! I do like the option of using the controllers on an actual system though like the Atari Flashback. However, that wouldn't help most Intellivisions which have the controllers attached internally. Thanks.

At least there are tons of Intellivision II's out there (less so the only other model with removable controllers), but I do agree that the Intellivision I is much nicer. I believe that's what the styling is going to be somewhat reminiscent of.

As long as the homebrews are original creations and not borrowed code or licensed properties, they seem to be receptive to the idea. I've already referred several developers/publishers over. What happens from there is out of my control, of course. The opportunities would be both on the console and in any digital products.

Pretty cool of you that you suggested the homebrew scene to they :)

Edited by nanochess