IGNORED

How old were you when you got your first Intellivision ?

Intellfan

You do know I live in St Louis, right? ;-)

Oops.. Now I know :o

The cards have some great pitching, but no thump. It's a game of 3 run homers now.

However, I am more of a small ball fan and good pitching.

The game has changed. The players are bigger, the parks are smaller... Chicks dig the long ball.

Jonny Gomes is a local hero right now. He was 2 for 17 .118 avg. But he hit a go ahead 3 run homer.

Of course, we call the local band wagon fans PINK HATS. They know nothing about the game, but buy up all the tickets

because it the place to be... I think I liked the Sox before 2004 better. I could go to a game whenever I wanted.

Even when Pedro was pitching... Nice night, I'll go see Pedro tonight after work. No problem getting a ticket.

And they were priced ok.. Now I don't even want to pay the $40+ just to park...

I was 14, Christmas of '80. I found out afterward that my parents had actually gotten an Atari 2600 and an Intellivision, tried them both out, and returned the 2600. I wasn't complaining. :grin:

When the Intellivision first came out they used to drive from Brooklyn to a small electronics store in NJ that would get the new releases earlier. Later on they knew a manager at our local TRU, when they'd be unloading the trucks at night during the holidays he'd let my parents know when the new games came in.

At some point in the mid 80's I got a bunch of the Intv releases MIB from TRU for $25 each. Yes, Spiker was one of them, who knew.

Of course I'm still waiting for the Keyboard Component :-o, had to cut my programming teeth on a Commodore Pet and Commodore 64 instead...

Edited by gunoz
  • Like 1

Wow, these stories are great. My father had one when I was born (I was born in 79') so it was my first gaming experience. He kept immaculate care of it and the games in a leather carrying bag. We had quite a few games and he and my uncle would play NFL all weekend which they still talk about from time to time. I then got a VCS because I loved my cousin's and everyone had one to trade games with. Not to mention that due to the crash, games were very cheap. I then went onto the 7800, then NES and my dad gave the INTV to my younger cousins because it was collecting dust. I got into retro collecting a couple of years ago and picked up a INTV II off Ebay. I then got a boxed INTV from Craig's List last spring after my father said to go for it because the original INTV was so great. I really started getting into it more after coming to this forum, which is just awesome and a great community. I've been playing INTV often and am blown away by some of the great titles I never played before.

• Like 1

I got my Intellivision when I was 33.

It happened last year, August 15th! I met an American guy known as Voltron. :thumbsup:

I know it's not too polite to disclosure pieces of private talk but I guess this is okay since that's my Intellivision history and I only have to thank Voltron:

Voltron:

Sent Tue Aug 7, 2012 1:35 AM

I saw the flag. Hey are you in Brazil? i collect intellivision games so im usually not inthis part of the forum.

Liduario:

Sent Tue Aug 7, 2012 8:55 AM

Yep. I'm Brazilian. I don't know what part of the forum you're talking because I post in almost every thread icon_smile.gif

Living in Brazil, I don't know much about Intellivision.

I only have played Thin Ice with jzintv emulator for linux. I tried the Dig Dug but it didn't load, it has .int as his name extension and I need to figure out how to play those. When I get these roms running I may jump into the Intellivision HSC here on AA icon_winking.gif

Voltron:

(...) Also if you see an Intellivision console that uses the name digiplay instead of intellivision let me know. (...)

Liduario:

Sent Tue Aug 7, 2012 10:26 AM

Astonishing. I didn't even know about digiplay, Brazilian games or Brazilian Intellivision clones!!!

That's great news and very unexpected to me. Thanks for opening my eyes.

And yes, I can help you with finding, buying and sending icon_wink.gif

Or maybe we can do a trade too.

In fact, I only got my Atari 7800 because I had a Phantom System (Brazilian nes clone in Atari 7800 case) to trade.

Sincerely,

Alexandre Liduario

---

Then, after some long and difficult negotiation ;):

Liduario:

Sent Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:51 PM

I'm playing Intellivision! Everything is working, including your games!

Today is holiday in Belo Horizonte, it's good 'cause I have the day off but Post Office is closed. Tomorrow I'll send the games.

-----------------

That's how I joined Intellivision. We agreed on a trade and Voltron sent an Intellivision only one day after I got his games!

I'm very new to Intellivision and very, very happy for joining you.

Liduario is my only way into Brazil, since i was banned. :) Hey sorry about Mexico and the overtime :)

My neighbors down the street had one and I went to their house to play it. My folks didn't get one until I had moved back in at 20 or so. I think they bought it from the neighbors. I loved Snafu and D&D: Cloudy Mountain. And of course, Burgertime.