IGNORED

Happy Halloween - Next Street (WIP)

GroovyBee

Thanks for the compliment. There are no free tiles (GRAM cards) on that one. Nonner took it to the max! :D

I seem to remember you mentioned before that for the top of the sign you used a MOB stretched horizontally. I can see it, only because I know it's there. It is amazing the sort of natural, almost free-form looking artwork that can actually be done in an Intellivision at the hands of a talented artist.

This is proof that not every background (and specifically, these sort of "splash" title screens) have to look like patchwork, bricks, or tiles. Great work, nonner242 and GroovyBee!

-dZ.

• Like 1

This is proof that not every background (and specifically, these sort of "splash" title screens) have to look like patchwork, bricks, or tiles. Great work, nonner242 and GroovyBee!

Thanks again for the compliment. Nonner went through quite a few revisions on that one. No custom tile tools needed! Its all done in nonner242's favourite art package. Although, he has asked for a tool... to count the unique tiles he's used up so far :lol:.

Perfection takes time!

True! Nonner definitely has Inty art down now :D. Its also interesting seeing the artwork progress and how we can change it to get "more" using stretched and flipped sprites (MOBs) and GROM tiles too.

How is the next street box art coming along?

Fine thanks! :rolling:

• 1 month later...

Had fun at the retro show Play on Saturday. I decided to demo Next Street as my contribution to the Oldschool Gaming stand :-

post-21935-0-04877500-1399283504_thumb.jpg

Why Next Street? Mainly because its easy to pick up and play. After seeing people struggle with the Inty controllers at last years event I thought a simple game would be much easier for people to get into.

The show was "quiet" by Play standards with just over 3200 people expected for the weekend. Last years Play (where Jeff Minter played Hover Bovver) had an attendance of around 15,500 people over the weekend.

A few people had a tour of my other upcoming homebrew games and mostly commented on the smooth moving, flicker free graphics and how good the machines audio is for its age. So... a big thanks to nonner242, Kiwi and Mystery Musician for making the games shine.

• Like 5

Had fun at the retro show Play on Saturday. I decided to demo Next Street as my contribution to the Oldschool Gaming stand :-

NextStreetTitlePage.jpg

Why Next Street? Mainly because its easy to pick up and play. After seeing people struggle with the Inty controllers at last years event I thought a simple game would be much easier for people to get into.

The show was "quiet" by Play standards with just over 3200 people expected for the weekend. Last years Play (where Jeff Minter played Hover Bovver) had an attendance of around 15,500 people over the weekend.

A few people had a tour of my other upcoming homebrew games and mostly commented on the smooth moving, flicker free graphics and how good the machines audio is for its age. So... a big thanks to nonner242, Kiwi and Mystery Musician for making the games shine.

Well this is good news. Should I start clearing space on my homebrew shelves? :)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...