IGNORED

Shredded Hover Bovver boxes......bring a kleenex

Rev

I report the news, if this is the direction it goes in, then that is the way it is. When I started Intellivision Revolution website I actually had one rule that I go by that I dont think people realize.

My goal was to report on ANYTHING and EVERYTHING that happens in the World of Intellivision. GOOD or BAD. That is also one reason You will see me make a news blog and then post the link on AA that leads back to my site.

So, if an Intellivision Homebrew company shreds hundreds of boxes, that is "newsworthy" to 'report' to the Intellivision community, which as we all know pretty much congregates at the AA intv forum.

So, if that is the definition of a shit disturber, then I guess I am. The news will not be censored.

This Revolution will be Intellivised.

Do I like watching this public arguement? Actually it is kind of entertaining to be honest. And I am not alone. Look at the views of this thread and other HB threads. It is like a reality show. And it only gets better.

Thanks

Also I wanted to make sure it was known that I dont show favortism on my site, I report on everyone that makes intv games and try to support and promote all homebrewers games. Even now that I am trying to release some games myself.

I will still help promote Elektronite, Groovybee, intelligentvision, left turn only. Etc etc

It will be a cold day in hell before any one of these companies help promote the competition on their own site....but nothing wrong with that I guess. :-). Maybe I am a moron!

Do I like watching this public arguement? Actually it is kind of entertaining to be honest. And I am not alone. Look at the views of this thread and other HB threads. It is like a reality show. And it only gets better.

/endquote

Hell yeah! Far more entertaining then most of that so-called 'reality' crap out there. :lol:

Edited by SoulBlazer

Also I wanted to make sure it was known that I dont show favortism on my site, I report on everyone that makes intv games and try to support and promote all homebrewers games. Even now that I am trying to release some games myself.

I will still help promote Elektronite, Groovybee, intelligentvision, left turn only. Etc etc

It will be a cold day in hell before any one of these companies help promote the competition on their own site....but nothing wrong with that I guess. :-). Maybe I am a moron!

I always point people to Electronite when I am asked about Donkey Kong Arcade. Does every Intellivision website out there point to Elektronite or Intelligentvision? (excluding GroovyBee as I do not know if he has a website) No.

There is NO need for Intelligentvision to promote Elektronite (or vice-versa) as Intelligentvision is now a reference site for it's own products and the original games.

I was not the one that called you a moron :)

The more you post the more childish you sound. Groovy Bee seems more mature by simply staying away from the keyboard. The best thing you could do right now is stop trying to defend yourself.

Tell me you're kidding.

He doesn't stay away from the keyboard, he just posts less than the onlookers like us. William barely posted after the original threads, at least until the past few days. When Groovy's friends (or co-workers, or whatever the relationships may be), he's certainly at the keyboard to click the "like this" box, not staying away from the keyboard.

I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread but I was wondering...

if anyone had referenced Rev and Bea Arthur yet?

That is what happens in all the Intv threads, isn't it?

^ Rev, Olutionikita , Fun with .Bea Arthur: INTV Book Of Rev, iNTV University Press, 2006, p.41

I always point people to Electronite when I am asked about Donkey Kong Arcade. Does every Intellivision website out there point to Elektronite or Intelligentvision? (excluding GroovyBee as I do not know if he has a website) No.

There is NO need for Intelligentvision to promote Elektronite (or vice-versa) as Intelligentvision is now a reference site for it's own products and the original games.

I was not the one that called you a moron :)

The word moron gets thrown around a lot lately........ LOL

But i was thinking more like on the front page of each persons respective 'home page' or main site.

So anyway, maybe my statement was incorrect.

I cant be right ALL of the time! AhahhahahahhA

I hope all this discussion is therapeutic. Everyone get it all out now so it doesn't last until the end of the year.

Lets all get along! All of us morons!

Afterall, we all have to be morons for spending thousand of dollars on 35 year old game systems with crappy graffix, collecting or home brewing. Seriously. ;-)

Its graphics aren't nearly as crappy as that "other" system, the Atari 2600. ;-)

Tell me about it! There are some atari games that are just downright horrible, but some that are really good.

I think outlaw on atari is just terrible graffix, but i had fun as a kid!

Sure, by March 2, GB was really pissed off at me. I should have said "sorry for the misunderstanding, so long". But, I tried to repair the 'deal' and in fact did deliver, to my regret, the 2000 dollars by mid March.

I agree that 'trust was lost' but not on my side by that time, as I obviously trusted his word right up to the end of April when I printed the boxes.

End of April you say? Thats odd given that on the 30th of April Valter asked me to confirm that I would indeed work on Boulder Dash for Elektronite after Hover Bovver had completed for an upfront payment of $3,500 (after we'd negotiated about it on and off since mid January). Don't get too excited folks that money was only going to be paid after Hover Bovver was completed. I agreed to the deal and without being prompted said that I'd make an animated title page ROM to tease First Star with :-

post-21935-0-23619100-1383476479_thumb.gif <---- Click to animate.

I would post the ROM to that gifeo (which was created on the 2nd of May) but Willy would more than likely slap it on his "cash grab" half cut cart :roll: :lol:.

Given that Valter is Willy's business partner and its well known in the community that Willy has the purse strings at Elektronite it would be fair to assume that Valter had the rights to make that deal with me. If, as you allege Willy, that you no longer trusted me by the end of April then Valter should not have made the deal and I therefore would not have made an offer of doing work towards the project (by making an animated title page ROM).

Don't worry folks, as far as I'm aware Boulder Dash has a programmer assigned to the project but I was never told by Elektronite that I was off the project until I found out about the replacement programmer in a public AA announcement. Another professional move by Elektronite :roll:.

Isn't it odd that some people can conveniently twist situations presented to others without presenting all of the facts? Maybe I should blow the lid off the Boulder Dash deal PM thread too :ponder: :lol:.

Edited by GroovyBee
  • Like 2

I think his rationale for showing pics of the destroyed boxes was to make the 100 sets of boxes a "rarity" and worth the price as a collector's item. By showing the pics, he is letting the buyers of the sets know that indeed the "extras" were destroyed. I personally don't think he was trying to piss anyone off by showing the pics....he is just trying to recoup some of his costs and POSSIBLY release a Hover Bovver game in the future...

Interesting, I saw it more as sensationalism and knife-twisting. All that was needed to be said was "the boxes have been recycled" if indeed that ridiculous speudo-rarity nonsense was to take place, but instead it's always been about "inventive" ways to draw attention and drum up business as the userbase becomes further and further divided...

burning-bridges-300x210.jpg

Ignoramus......

The guy can't help himself, can he?

• Like 3

You can interpret it any way you like, but as proven by posts, at least one person doubted the boxes were actually being destroyed and it was a sham. Whatever you want to call it, at least part of the description should be "proof" to those doubting it, and William doing as he said (only keeping a limited amount).

This thread has legs. Keep it going!

Again the question: Who proves me, that there is no bunker with more boxes? I really dont get it, so please explain it to me ;) We just know that boxes were destroyed, we dont know how many ever existed. Thats the part you guys seem not to understand, it doesnt matter if he destroyed something or not, the fact that there are 100 box sets left is just a fact if we trust Williams word.

I also repeat it, I do not doubt it, but there is no difference after showing the pics of destroyed boxes. Is that so hard to understand? Gosh :lol: