IGNORED

Shredded Hover Bovver boxes......bring a kleenex

Rev

Oh no, here we go again!

Everybody run!!!!!

I don't know about "here we go again." Evidently, whatever this issue is (unbeknownst to me) was deemed important enough to start a thread about. Therefore, I figured it worth asking about. Since the thread doesn't state the reason for shredded custom homebrew boxes, and shredding custom homebrew boxes is not a common occurrence, I thought it begged the question. A word or two, or a pointer to the relevant thread would suffice. Or not. Apologies for the misjudgement; it's neither worth starting a thread about, nor worth my asking about. :)

Its quite easy to answer. There was a game in development, things went wrong and the game is cancelled. Unfortunately the boxes were already printed and so the publisher decided to sell the empty boxes. The selling does not work very good and now its neccessary to make some pressure.

There are many different ways to make pressure for people to buy this boxes. In another thread he announced, that the redevelopment of Hover Bovver probably wont get new boxes if the old ones were not sold out. Its pretty strange, because there is not really a relationship between the new game and the old boxes, but okay. In addition to this "extortion" he claims that his boxes are rare collectibles, to proof that he destroyed many of the printed boxes, as you can see on the pictures.

Well, everybody should decide if this box is just a piece of cardboard, or a rare collectible, but the reputation of Elektronite is harmed after actions like this, even if some guys here will deny that quickly. Just look at other Hover Bovver related threads and make your own opinion.

Edit: Here two links to related threads.

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217233-hover-bovver-boxes-overlays/

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/217928-hover-bovver-being-released-after-all-the-half-cut-edition/

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 3

I don't know about "here we go again." Evidently, whatever this issue is (unbeknownst to me) was deemed important enough to start a thread about. Therefore, I figured it worth asking about. Since the thread doesn't state the reason for shredded custom homebrew boxes, and shredding custom homebrew boxes is not a common occurrence, I thought it begged the question. A word or two, or a pointer to the relevant thread would suffice. Or not. Apologies for the misjudgement; it's neither worth starting a thread about, nor worth my asking about. :)

Check out the links ignoramus linked. You are in for quite a long read!

Sorry for my rude response. With over 1000 messages on this forum related to Hover Bovver, it seemed trollish to me for someone to pop up and say "Hey, what's this all about?". But I guess I was wrong.

This issue has been discussed over and over and beat to death, and yet people won't stop talking about it. So it was a little exasperating for someone to come along and say "Hey, what's going on?". Sorry that someone was you.

Ignorama has a good explanation above. ...

I'm thinking I'll just buy 2 copies of the half-cut and upgrade either one or both. Then I'll either have 2 cool games CIB or 1 cool game and one demo/variant, but still both CIB. I'm ok with this :)

Here is what I stated before.

I bought two of the Half Cuts. They will be paired up with the boxes I already bought. If/When a new Hover Bovver comes out here is what I will do:

If no box is produced, I will buy two of the new carts and 2 of the manuals and place them inside the current boxes with the half cut carts making them CIB (2 carts, 1 manual, 2 overlays, 1 of the 200 boxes being sold now) and it will not be CIB without all the materials.

If a CIB version is produced, I will buy 2 new CIBs and 2 manuals to make CIBs out of the half cuts.

I will not turn in my old half cut carts.

All of the above depends on what William will do. I only can hope that extra materials (manuals) can be purchased separately.

In my opinion, if there is a cart only release, then a CIB will need to contain both carts. Released version AND the half cut. Anything less is incomplete.

Edited by SoulBuster

Was was strongly rejected, because that would be unfair to the people who bought the boxes already. Honestly, this is something I understand, because its true that people may dont like it if they bought the stuff other people get donated. What I dont understand is why you have the choice of buying two boxes or nothing, because I dont need two of the same items.

But honestly, we reached a point I not even want this boxes donated. Boxes arent evil, but the story behind them, the story behind this whole game is nothing I want to put near my beloved Intellivision stuff.

• Like 1