IGNORED

Shredded Hover Bovver boxes......bring a kleenex

Rev

I am not a big fan of stickers on boxes. Just imagine if they detach in a couple of years. It also does not look very good. In fact the destruction of the boxes is completely okay and understandable, they are not selling and it would be impossible to sell the whole bunch that was printed. The problem is, that this is a videogame forum and showing destroyed boxes and beeing proud on that shows me that there is a huge lack of respect for the hobby itself.

I dont expect William to keep hundreds of boxes, they just need space and are completely worthless, but I did expect that he proves more style than sitting between a ton of shreds and feeling like a boss. Maybe I love the Intellivision more than he do, because in my opinion the pictures are just sad and there is really nothing to celebrate in this situation. He missed it, but Hover Bovver is a loss for everyone meanwhile. Thats why its funny that some people are still saying that its a story between Groovy and William, because thats just not true. The story is a story concerning all Intellivision fans since a long time. William said once "Not here to re-fight the fight. It is over.", unfortunately he changed his mind. We may (and right now its not more than may) get a Hover Bovver someday, but for what price?

Here the link to my quote, look at post #32. He said it several times in this thread.

Edited by Ignorama
  • Like 1

I am not a big fan of stickers on boxes. Just imagine if they detach in a couple of years. It also does not look very good. In fact the destruction of the boxes is completely okay and understandable, they are not selling and it would be impossible to sell the whole bunch that was printed. The problem is, that this is a videogame forum and showing destroyed boxes and beeing proud on that shows me that there is a huge lack of respect for the hobby itself.

I dont expect William to keep hundreds of boxes, they just need space and are completely worthless, but I did expect that he proves more style than sitting between a ton of shreds and feeling like a boss. Maybe I love the Intellivision more than he do, because in my opinion the pictures are just sad and there is really nothing to celebrate in this situation. He missed it, but Hover Bovver is a loss for everyone meanwhile. Thats why its funny that some people are still saying that its a story between Groovy and William, because thats just not true. The story is a story concerning all Intellivision fans since a long time. William said once "Not here to re-fight the fight. It is over.", unfortunately he changed his mind. We may (and right now its not more than may) get a Hover Bovver someday, but for what price?

Here the link to my quote, look at post #32. He said it several times in this thread.

I think his rationale for showing pics of the destroyed boxes was to make the 100 sets of boxes a "rarity" and worth the price as a collector's item. By showing the pics, he is letting the buyers of the sets know that indeed the "extras" were destroyed. I personally don't think he was trying to piss anyone off by showing the pics....he is just trying to recoup some of his costs and POSSIBLY release a Hover Bovver game in the future.......If anyone doesn't think it is a collectible Intellivision item OR simply doesn't want to spend the money on it, don't, as simple as that...there are many items that I have passed on.....I did purchase these because I thought it would be a nice addition to my collection, just my personal feeling.....

An absolute waste, but printed for the cancelled version.

We are selling off a limited number of boxes to collectors. It would not be fair to the people who are contributing to the significant cost of the printing by purchasing the now rare box if they were re-purposed. A moot point now, as they are gone.

We are indeed recycling. 300 of them are getting rained on now. Someone said I was 'bluffing' about the destruction. I don't bluff.

There are no guarantees that the new version will have any sort of box whatsoever. In fact, it is looking less likely every day, as this whole fiasco has caused a lot of bad feelings with everyone involved. It is likely that the redeveloped version will be a cart only release.

Are they still boxes for sale. Are they all trashed now.

Was was strongly rejected, because that would be unfair to the people who bought the boxes already. Honestly, this is something I understand, because its true that people may dont like it if they bought the stuff other people get donated. What I dont understand is why you have the choice of buying two boxes or nothing, because I dont need two of the same items.

But honestly, we reached a point I not even want this boxes donated. Boxes arent evil, but the story behind them, the story behind this whole game is nothing I want to put near my beloved Intellivision stuff.

Ignoramus.......what you fail to grasp, is that you really aren't buying 'two boxes' when you buy a Hover Bovver box set. You are buying ONE box, two sets of overlays, and a FLAT collectible unassembled box. Sure, you could TRY to assemble the flat box, but I suspect that MOST people will screw it up.

I see that you are still upset that you can't have a box, because you refuse to pay my price. You called it 'extortion' in another message. Is that what you call it when you go into a store and see something that you want to buy, but it is more money than you can or are willing to spend?

I didn't see you volunteering to buy all of the boxes and overlays from me for 4000 dollars. I would have happily done that and let you distribute them any way you saw fit. Maybe the concept escapes you, but the destruction of the boxes was not done so I could 'be the boss' as you suggest. It was done to prove that they are indeed rare. And, don't bother telling me how it is 'artificial rarity'. So what? Go for the Gold boxes and Game Factory boxes were selling for similar amounts....and they didn't include 4 overlays. I chose 100 sets at 40 dollars = 4000 dollars......simple......that is what I chose.....get100 people to contribute 40 dollars each. I decided to add 'value' by including an unassembled box. If I sold 1 box, the price STILL would have been 40 bucks.....you see, 100 x 40 = 4000. If this is too expensive for you, take a pass on it, and stop trying to tell me that my 'reputation' is at stake.

The 50 odd remaining box sets will sell. Probably not to you, but they will sell.

Don't go on about how you 'love the Intellivision more than me'.........I have put up more money that you could imagine to bring out games for the Intellivision. I could have chosen (and probably should have) a different platform.

You paid a lot more money, but you also earned a lot more money, or are you trying to tell me, that you make a loss with every release and are doing this just for the community? You can try to claim that, but I dont think anyone would believe that, especially since you told us often enough that you are no homebrewer, you are a business man. Another correction, if your side is up to date there are 60 sets remaining, not just 50. Of course they will sell out someday, at least if cmart takes 25, but the number of people who want a set of boxes is limited. If there are really just 50 may update the site.

And to make a treble: If you really think your personal reputation and the reputation of Elektronite is not harmed, than you really have to think about it again. I wont insult you, but its out of the question that many people (and not just me, even if you hope so) do have a different and worse opinion of you.

If you really "love" the Intellivision, you have a very strange way to show that, because pics of destroyed boxes are proving NOTHING. No one knows how many were produced, no one knows how many you destroyed, so the only number we all can see is the number of sets you are offering. I dont have any doubt that there are "just" 100 sets left, but I did not needed pics which try to prove it. Again everyone has to trust your word that there is no bunker filled with empty boxes and seriously, its now even more doubful that you have only 100 sets than before, because now you want everyone to recognize how rare the boxes really are. I do not doubt that, but I want to show you how this actions could seem for some people.

Again, that you cant miss that part: No one can confirm the number of destroyed boxes and no one can confirm the number which was produced all in all, so showing the destruction was just one thing: Senseless. The most disrespectful act against the Intellivsion I ever saw and a reason for me to doubt your "love".

Edited by Ignorama

Seriously?

Are you PLAYING dumb, or is it the real deal?

Stop and breathe.....calm down. Get rid of the anger at the 'disrespectful act'. <--------- This is sarcasm by the way

Now, if you have been following along, (and I know you have, because you keep linking to the threads) you would know that I paid $4000 for printing expenses. Boxes, overlays, and art.......how can you be sure? Well, you are going to have to trust me on this.

Yes, I paid a lot of money. And, I don't know about your math, but my math tells me that 100 x 40 = 4000......I am going to say this VERY slowly for you......when expenses = sales there is NO profit!

This is a simple idea, and you don't have to be confused by bringing the fact that I am trying to make money selling games into it.

Another issue.....some people have paid for box sets with PayPal. Therefore, when I say there are about 50 sets left, I am not kidding. My 'Shopping Cart' doesn't know about PayPal sales.

If seeing pictures of 300 HB boxes destroyed means NOTHING to you......well, I guess you can go on believing that you are being 'had'. You might have noticed, that I am not a member of the 125 club......I don't have a hoarding compulsion. My goal is to break even on the printing of a failed releases. If you don't want to contribute to the printing costs, you won't get one......not ONE for free. Alles klar?

revloutionika and catsfolly

You guys were not out of line. I now see this has been an ongoing saga that I missed out on.

Sometimes I don't get on for a long time, and there's 36 pages (!!!!) of unread messages. Sometimes I forget or get busy, or late at night fall asleep while *somewhere* in the middle of the great thread-read. Well, the system isn't going to maintain "state" indefinitely, and I wake up and come back to the page and hit "next" and then it is evident that I missed a bunch of "new" (to me, anyway) content that has been thrown out. If you read AA (or whatever forum) more frequently, this isn't a problem. But I find myself behind the 8-ball in some threads, from time-to time.

Take care, guys.

Ignoramus wrote: "No one can confirm the number of destroyed boxes"

One thing I forgot to mention.

I counted on people like you trying to spread 'doubt' despite the rather extensive photographic evidence that I did indeed trash 300 copies.

I saved the stacked 'Elektronite logo' that there is only ONE of on each box. I will line them up, and take a picture of all 300 of them for " doubting Matthias' " such as yourself.

William, hopefully that exercise was cathartic and now you can move on to:

Paddle Party

Boulder Dash

Lost Caves of Kroz

etc...

I'm sure there's a silent majority who appreciate all you do and will continue to support your efforts.

BTW, the "ignore" feature has made this forum much more enjoyable for me.

I can't wait to see those games!