IGNORED

Shredded Hover Bovver boxes......bring a kleenex

Rev

But i was thinking more like on the front page of each persons respective 'home page' or main site.

So anyway, maybe my statement was incorrect.

I cant be right ALL of the time! AhahhahahahhA

I hope all this discussion is therapeutic. Everyone get it all out now so it doesn't last until the end of the year.

Lets all get along! All of us morons!

Afterall, we all have to be morons for spending thousand of dollars on 35 year old game systems with crappy graffix, collecting or home brewing. Seriously. ;-)

I think you have lost it. Do you realize that the first two games released by William were games Intelligentvision had already released? At least their Donkey Kong series had updated code. Did Minehunter get any change (besides maybe the title screen)? Why would I want to put a link to them on my website? Your world of what people should do is very interesting.

Maybe you need to keep many of your comments to yourself now that you know you are not always right.

You may consider yourself a moron for spending money on the games. I do not consider myself a moron. I LOVE the games and LOVE the memories playing the games bring me. It has NEVER been about the graphics. I still think many of the Intellivision games are more fun than many of the newer system games.

If you have regrets about the money you spend, then stop and shut up. Quit trying to spoil it for those of us that love it. I will continue working on games because I love it; nothing else.

If you think homebrewing is for morons, why are you releasing Tron Complete or a Mousetrap box? All you are doing is putting a spin on something that was already done. I am sure you answer will be that you are a moron but seriously. Why?

Edited by intvdave
  • Like 2

I think you have lost it. Do you realize that the first two games released by William were games Intelligentvision had already released? At least their Donkey Kong series had updated code. Did Minehunter get any change (besides maybe the title screen)? Why would I want to put a link to them on my website? Your world of what people should do is very interesting.

Maybe you need to keep many of your comments to yourself now that you know you are not always right.

You may consider yourself a moron for spending money on the games. I do not consider myself a moron. I LOVE the games and LOVE the memories playing the games bring me. It has NEVER been about the graphics. I still think many of the Intellivision games are more fun than many of the newer system games.

If you have regrets about the money you spend, then stop and shut up. Quit trying to spoil it for those of us that love it. I will continue working on games because I love it; nothing else.

If you think homebrewing is for morons, why are you releasing Tron Complete or a Mousetrap box? All you are doing is putting a spin on something that was already done. I am sure you answer will be that you are a moron but seriously. Why?

Yes, my view of a utopian Intellivision community is quite interesting and quite unobtainable unfortunatly. But that's fine.

And you do know I was being sarcastic about intellivision and moron? I truly dont think any of us retro gamers/collectors/homebrewers are morons or nothing like that. We all here love retro games and intellivision.

And yeah, I should keep most of what I say to myself, I have almost quit this community several times. Ask cmart. You have the right idea.

I am releasing mouse trap because i think the box art is cool and should of been released back in the day. I was going to originally have someone print up just a few for me and a small handfull of us variant collectors. But I extended it to more obviously. Share with the class mentality. And Tron, it seemed like a no brainer! Tron, intellivision, compilation...it is the perfect storm.

Plus here is another reason why i did these, ever since i started getting back into intellivision i wanted to do more.......These two small releases will help set up my much larger plans. I aim to release the remainder of the unreleased mattel roms that intelligentvision or no one else is willing to. Sure most of us have the games on some cd compilation or on cc3 or emulation. And sure some of them are nothing more thana glorified demo full of bugs, or a two player game. But there is nothing like owning your own physical copy and holding it in your hands and proudly displaying it.

Any sure keith Robinson and his army of lawyers will undoubtedly come after me. But i dont care.

But if anyone else wants to release the 14 or so mattel roms please let me know and i will bow out.

Ps......being told to shut up multiple times by the king of intellivision homebrewing is quite an honor! :-)

Edited by revolutionika
  • Like 1

Again the question: Who proves me, that there is no bunker with more boxes? I really dont get it, so please explain it to me ;) We just know that boxes were destroyed, we dont know how many ever existed. Thats the part you guys seem not to understand, it doesnt matter if he destroyed something or not, the fact that there are 100 box sets left is just a fact if we trust Williams word.

I also repeat it, I do not doubt it, but there is no difference after showing the pics of destroyed boxes. Is that so hard to understand? Gosh :lol:

Think rationally for a moment, if possible. Using your term that you've said multiple times, bunker... How many boxes do you think would have been created to have a BUNKER'S worth just sitting around? Any idea of that cost? Now compare the number of potential boxes you think are potentially sitting around in a bunker to the average number of copies sold of a homebrew game. You actually think William would order a bunker's worth of boxes for a homebrew game? It IS hard to understand that you think this is a realistic business practice.

Yes, my view of a utopian Intellivision community is quite interesting and quite unobtainable unfortunatly. But that's fine.

And you do know I was being sarcastic about intellivision and moron? I truly dont think any of us retro gamers/collectors/homebrewers are morons or nothing like that. We all here love retro games and intellivision.

Make your own utopian community and let people join it. Do not impose your desires on others. And, by the way, of course you will have links to Elektronite. You sell their games!

Being sarcastic and calling people morons is not funny. If you do not believe in what you said, why say it? It really seems like you have regrets.

If you really have a love for the Intellivision, be positive and do good things for the community. Quit the drama, help those doing good, and let others go down in flames on their own.

@ slab

Dude, please just try to understand what I want to say: I did not doubted the fact that there are 100 sets of boxes available for one single second! BUT, there is NO proof how many boxes were made, nothing more than the word of William. So the question is why somebody who doubted his word that he will destroy the boxes should now trust his word that there are just 100 sets left?

If you now think the pics of destroyed boxes are a proof that there are just 100 boxes left, than its your problem. If somebody did not trusted Williams words before, there is just no reason to trust him now, doesnt matter how often you try to portray me as the guy who does not understand the situation. Seriously, you should read more carefully or think about what you read before replying, because it often seems that you do not understand the point. Example? This situation.

Edited by Ignorama

Make your own utopian community and let people join it. Do not impose your desires on others. And, by the way, of course you will have links to Elektronite. You sell their games!

Being sarcastic and calling people morons is not funny. If you do not believe in what you said, why say it? It really seems like you have regrets.

If you really have a love for the Intellivision, be positive and do good things for the community. Quit the drama, help those doing good, and let others go down in flames on their own.

Words that will be taken into deep thought.

-------

I would of considered buying more games in bulk but i need the spare cash to fund other projects.

Also, I guess I just have a weird sense of humor. Beleive me, I have tons of stuff I have said on forums that I regret, as im sure most of us do. Its easier to type on a forum than day it to someone's face.

@ slab

Dude, please just try to understand what I want to say: I did not doubted the fact that there are 100 sets of boxes available for one single second! BUT, there is NO proof how many boxes were made, nothing more than the word of William. So the question is why somebody who doubted his word that he will destroy the boxes should now trust his word that there are just 100 sets left?

If you now think the pics of destroyed boxes are a proof that there are just 100 boxes left, than its your problem. If somebody did not trusted Williams words before, there is just no reason to trust him now, doesnt matter how often you try to portray me as the guy who does not understand the situation. Seriously, you should read more carefully or think about what you read before replying, because it often seems that you do not understand the point. Example? This situation.

I never even reference the 100 that are being sold. Who's got the reading comprehension problem? WHAT exactly would prove to you that there aren't a "BUNKER'S" worth of boxes sitting around? His receipt of the bill? The printed order from the maker of the boxes?

I don't think anything one way or the other about the pictures, and I have no problem, sorry. I'm not "somebody" who "did not trusted" William's word before. Since I've corresponded with him after joining the Intellivision community, he's been extremely fair selling me old INTV games, along with the newer ones. He's kept his word on prices when I didn't purchase something right away, kept his word about shipping (when and how), amongst other things. I have never PERSONALLY had any reason to distrust William, so why wouldn't I take his word?

And yet again, I didn't say you don't understand per se, you still did not answer me.. Why, in any shape or form, would it be logical for WIlliam to have ordered a BUNKER'S worth of boxes when homebrew games sell a small fraction of that? To be left with an almost-full BUNKER'S worth of boxes? THINK.

I gave the answer in another post already. The destruction should proof (should, in fact it doesnt, as I explained more than once now) the rarity of the left over boxes. So its imaginable that he kept some boxes for later Ebay sells, because they probably become expensive collectibles. Again I have to say: I know that he doesnt do this, I know that he sells his whole left over stock, I just wanted to show that the destruction of boxes could also seem like pushing the possible price for the left overs.

Maybe its a different definition about what is a proof. For me a proof is something everyone can see and it shows a fact. In this special case here we are just seeing destroyed boxes. As I mentioned several times: I do not distrust William about the number of left over boxes, but in my opinion (and not just in mine, because you said it by yourself, just one single guy doubted his word before) the pics made no difference, they just appeal very inappropriate for a forum of collectors.

Edited by Ignorama

What does it matter what was destroyed or not? Is everyone soooooo driven by money to have a "valuable" collectible that it comes down to this? GOOD GOD I thought the Intellivision community was different; more like a family than other collector groups, but from the multiple threads I've seen in the last few years with bickering like this, I question that. These games are meant to be played. They weren't made to be a status symbol. Why the hell does it always come down to money and "what things are worth". I'm sooooo sick of money ruining so many hobbies that began as a pleasant and fun pastime. I think it's time for me to step away from the hobby for a bit.

• Like 4

What does it matter what was destroyed or not? Is everyone soooooo driven by money to have a "valuable" collectible that it comes down to this? GOOD GOD I thought the Intellivision community was different; more like a family than other collector groups, but from the multiple threads I've seen in the last few years with bickering like this, I question that. These games are meant to be played. They weren't made to be a status symbol. Why the hell does it always come down to money and "what things are worth". I'm sooooo sick of money ruining so many hobbies that began as a pleasant and fun pastime. I think it's time for me to step away from the hobby for a bit.

Why do you think I'm a gamer and not a collector? :lol:

Regardless, this thread is very entertaining to read. (grabs popcorn)

• Like 1

No need to step away from the hobby. Just step away from this forum and hang out in places that promote the games and the fun; not the drama. Speaking of going other places, back to my next project.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure that William didn't answer my question about what business sense it makes to destroy these boxes because:

* He already answered the question and I didn't read well enough

* It's a personal act made in public

* He knows it may leave a bad taste in peoples mouths

So, I can conclude it's not about money or business. If it's all getting too intense I'd walk away from the Hover Bovver topics but keep with the scene. There's alot more awesome stuff to look forward to, right?

Agree with IntvDave - we should keep things as positive as possible, bring NEW games, & enjoy the games for their game play. As for graphics, sorry Atari 2600 fans but learn how to make a pellet in pacman for God's sake - sure glad my dad got me the intellivision when I asked for an Atari 2600 back on Xmas 1980:-) Finally, & please someone answer without being a d**k, what is it with the "Bacon" - I'm new to boards and have no clue at all??

Hope all is well.

• Like 1

Agree with IntvDave - we should keep things as positive as possible, bring NEW games, & enjoy the games for their game play. As for graphics, sorry Atari 2600 fans but learn how to make a pellet in pacman for God's sake - sure glad my dad got me the intellivision when I asked for an Atari 2600 back on Xmas 1980:-) Finally, & please someone answer without being a d**k, what is it with the "Bacon" - I'm new to boards and have no clue at all??

Hope all is well.

Bacon, in addition to being a delicious treat, has become the go to distraction topic for when threads go off the deep end in negativity. Bacon is something that we can all agree on and it makes us happy to discuss it.

Basically, bacon means "it's time to stop talking about _____ , so let's move on"

You should check out the Bacon Thread:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/204632-the-intellivision-bacon-thread/?hl=%20bacon%20%20thread

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

Finally, & please someone answer without being a d**k, what is it with the "Bacon" - I'm new to boards and have no clue at all??

Hope all is well.

It's Intellivision Brotherhood Tourette's.

Basically, it's a way to derail or hijack a thread that is no longer of interest to the poster. The poster is trying to discourage you from continuing the conversation in earnest because he or she supposedly doesn't want to hear anything more about it. Strangely, however, instead of simply not reading the thread because they are bored with the topic, they read the thread and then say "bacon" to emphasize that no one else should be reading it. It is, at the same time, a paternalistic and juvenile gesture.

Oh, it also inflates post counts.

• Like 3