IGNORED

Problems with video, how do I fix it?

OldSkoolSolidier

Hello everybody, I love playing my 2600 games. I had a 2600 for awhile, the screen was black and it mysteriously stopped working. I bought a new one, it's a 4 switch one. I noticed when I play games on it it's usually fine at first, I played 3-4 games of Centipede earlier. It started flickering really bad and it went gray but you could still see the picture but it was really distorted. The audio doesn't seem to be affected at all. Should I get a new power source? Tighten the cord? Clean the insides? Any help is appreciated. Thanks for your time.

Yes, I was told it was the regulator too. I felt it after I plugged it in for a few mins and it was HOT.

You'd need to use a voltmeter on the 3rd leg and see what voltage is coming through. If it's over 5.5 volts DC, replace it. They are real cheap parts that can fry IC's if left go.

• 1 month later...

Thanks, Zylon. On mine, it's 4.9 volts. I guess it's good. I can see my power is good now. I believe my next step is to change out the TIA chip. Mine is co10750-03. Anyone know where to get one of these? I saw one on amazon for $9, but the shipping was $10! Where do you all get your chips?

UNLESS... there is something I should be doing first. My power supply is working. I'm using an RF to coax adapter. the RF cord is intact. I believe I need to start switching out chips.

Do you all agree? (my appologies to OldSkoolSoldier for hijacking this thread)

Phaedrus32

• 2 months later...

Thanks, Zylon. On mine, it's 4.9 volts. I guess it's good. I can see my power is good now. I believe my next step is to change out the TIA chip. Mine is co10750-03. Anyone know where to get one of these? I saw one on amazon for $9, but the shipping was $10! Where do you all get your chips?

UNLESS... there is something I should be doing first. My power supply is working. I'm using an RF to coax adapter. the RF cord is intact. I believe I need to start switching out chips.

Do you all agree? (my appologies to OldSkoolSoldier for hijacking this thread)

Phaedrus32

Does your picture look like this 83aKAAHl.jpg