IGNORED

Top 5 Most Difficult Intellivision Games

Illtiger1

Those are very tough games listed so far, but it is hard to say if they are just hard or bad games.

I threw in the towel on pole position and congo bongo, I don't feel they were made that well.

The sports games are great and well designed and they are hard to learn how to play. Baseball is challenging to master as was Football....for a while!

and of course, trying to get the best score possible on Skiing is great fun yet hart to do!

Or play Tron Deadly Discs until you cross 1 million and have your enemies with the orange sticks try to vaporize you and end your game instantly. What an awesome game!

Maze-a-Tron is the one game that I could just never play more than a few seconds without dying. Also, Donkey Kong is very difficult because of the poor controls and that makes it very difficult. To be honest, I find the Hover Bovver Demo very difficult. KOOL-AID MAN also drives me crazy. I cannot get through the house without the kids dying.

I totally agree about Pole Position, Turbo, and Zaxxon. I would also add Scarfinger.

I originally felt that Mouse Trap was kinda goofy on the controls (I would have a really hard time stopping at the right place and with making turns), but now I'm a pro at Mouse Trap. Killin' it is my business and business is good :grin: Imma get me some patch!

I was expecting Vectron to show up because it's a rare thing: an action game that requires you to use both the lower left and lower right action keys all the time. Now, I happen to have indestructible hands with no nerve endings in the fingertips, so that never bothered me. :P I actually really, really like a lot of things about that game, but it's pretty abstract. The other thing is that if you don't have a disc that's in really 'accurate' condition, it'll drive you nuts, too.

For Vectron specifically:

Pro:

• Great use of color; graphics are nice (the "shiny" blue meanies and other late-game baddies are awesome)
  • Love the sound, especially when the game level is complete
  • The fonts are AWESOME
  • It was one of the rare games I could beat my best friend at with some regularity

Con:

• It's really abstract - why do I care about building energy bases again?
  • OK, I admit, sometimes, even my thumbs of steel can get a little tired on this game. If you're on any Intellivision II, you're insane to play this game! :P

I dont think Turbo is hard and its also not SO bad, same vote for Congo Bongo.

In my opinion Star Strike is very hard, because in the arcade mode you are not allowed to many any misstake. In case that hard means bad: Tron, Tron and Tron, I hate these three games ^^

all I know is that learning how to steer in turbo was very hard for me. For awhile I actually thought my controllers were broken. But I'm getting better at it, I really want to enjoy this game.

I loved Nova Blast. Been a long time since I've played though.

Used to be able to play Defender forever.

But it's true that it can be hard to distinguish "bad" from "difficult". At least from the perspective of youth, if it took too long to be good at it, it was "bad". :P

all I know is that learning how to steer in turbo was very hard for me. For awhile I actually thought my controllers were broken. But I'm getting better at it, I really want to enjoy this game.

IIRC, Turbo actually uses the disc like a steering wheel, which is actually pretty cool once you know about it. Of course, I don't read manuals before trying a new game, so I got quite mad at Turbo before learning to steer. :mad:

IIRC, Turbo actually uses the disc like a steering wheel, which is actually pretty cool once you know about it. Of course, I don't read manuals before trying a new game, so I got quite mad at Turbo before learning to steer. :mad:

this is a game that you definitely need to know how to steer. I can actually get past a few screens/scenes now.

Beating Championship Tennis was one of the harder things I've done in my gaming career. Heck, even being able to win a point or a game against the computer was an accomplishment, let alone a set. Obviously the highest difficulty was hardest, but even the lower ones were tough.

Otherwise, I second Reversi as a tough one, and I've found Defender to be pretty hard too. Stonix ain't easy either! And Tower of Doom is absolutely brutal if you play as the Waif.

There are some other games that stymie me, like Vectron and Tron Maze-A-Tron, but I'm not sure whether they're really hard or I just don't understand them.

Championship Tennis took me a while to beat pc, Stonix I beat but I would replay 5-level segments until I had 10-guys before moving forward as you will need them, AD&D Tarmin was very hard on most difficult level as you have to build yourself up over several hours before even thinking about fighting tougher monsters, Tower of Doom with most levels is a bit tough, and all games that were either made poorly or just hard to control as previously mentioned. I gotta try Reversi - haven't played that one in decades. Will post more when I can think of them.

• 2 weeks later...

Some think that Christmas Carol is a very hard game... but then someone had to come around and rack up an impossible high score and even roll-over the score to yellow! :o

Hmm... I wonder if there will be another opportunity for someone else to take that crown... ;)