IGNORED

Top 10 PS2 Games

Metal Jesus

There's so many games to pick from it's one of my 3 favorite consoles of all time.

Great video, I agree on all those games you mention especially Burnout and NFS.... here's mine:

Sly Cooper 2

Devil May Cry 3 SE

Dragon Quest VIII

ICO

Okami

Persona 4

God of War II

Shadow of the Colossus

MGS3: Snake Eater

Beyond Good and Evil

I'm tempted to put an Onimusha game in there...specifically Onimusha 3.

Disgea: Hour of Darkness, Odin Sphere and Persona 3 can also make my list.

There's so many games to pick from it's one of my 3 favorite consoles of all time.
Great video, I agree on all those games you mention especially Burnout and NFS.... here's mine:
Sly Cooper 2
Devil May Cry 3 SE
Dragon Quest VIII
ICO
Okami
Persona 4
God of War II
Shadow of the Colossus
MGS3: Snake Eater
Beyond Good and Evil
I'm tempted to put an Onimusha game in there...specifically Onimusha 3.
Disgea: Hour of Darkness, Odin Sphere and Persona 3 can also make my list.

There are a few of those titles I haven't played (Beyond G&E, Persona 4, Sly Cooper) but the rest pretty much matches my list

I don't remember 10 PS2 games I really loved, I typically just played PSX games on it.

Hoever, some games I really loved would be, the Red Faction series (oddly, the first was the best IMO) The Smugglers Run Series (of all the games on there, this one got the most play time from me, the first game is better one playered, the second one is better multiplayered) And one of the reasons I bought the system, TWISTED Metal, was there only one? Or did more come out after I quit playing the system?

Sorry, that's only 6 games, but anyhow :P

I should have added Champions of Norath. Excellent multi-player dungeon crawler.

Played those games to death along with the two Baldurs Gate games. Multiplayer and co-op were great.

Champions is actually why I bought the PS2 in the first place. I visited some of my brother's friends over Christmas holiday and the 4 of us played that all stinking day long.

I bought the game and the console so we could play online. My first games were Shadow of the Colossus and God of War. Took a while to track down Champions.

I also thought the Baldurs Gate games were great.

The Grand Theft Auto series started on the first PlayStation, not the PS2. GTA3 was the first PS2 entry in the series.

There are a lot of PS2 games now on my shelf that I really hope to find time to play some day, to see if they're as good as everyone says. Of the games I actually have played, these are my top 10, in no particular order.

Katamari Damacy - I still have to come back to this one, and in fact this is the PS2 game I played most recently. It's one of those few games I can play exactly the same way as before and still get just as much enjoyment. Very "zen" gaming.

Burnout 3: Takedown - Pretty much everything Metal Jesus said, but also the fact this is one of the few games I was ever in danger of suffocating from laughter while playing.

Frequency - Harmonix's first console game (of which Amplitude was the sequel), and the first step to proving the best rhythm and music games could be done right here in the good ol' U.S. Of course Harmonix and Red Octane proved that unequivocally with...

Guitar Hero - By itself, it's rather dated, limited, and obviously rough around the edges. But it begat the much more decent Guitar Hero II, the totally awesome Rock Band, and the pinnacle of all music games, Rock Band 3. If only for its legacy, GH definitely deserves a spot on my list.

ATV Off-Road Fury - The very first PS2 game I ever played, Christmas morning, thanks to a surprise from my mother after I had pretty much decided to sit that generation of consoles out. The later games in the series didn't really do much for me, but the first is still good for an occasional spin.

Activision Anthology, Atari Anthology and NamcoMuseum 50th Anniversary (three-way tie) - While plenty of compilations were also released for the XBox and the Game Cube, the PS2 really became the place to go for your classic gaming fix. I consider these three titles the best examples of how to do compilations right: They come with loads of great games, spot-on emulation, fun modern tweaks to jazz up the display, fascinating trivia and history, and on at least on two of the titles, a nice assortment of music from the era. I would add the first Midway Arcade Treasures to the list and make it a four-way tie, but that one suffers a bit from imperfect emulation. MAT is still a pretty good title in its own right, though.

Tekken 4 - Another game I played Christmas morning. I'm not really into fighting games in general, but every once in a while one hooks me. This one has a very deep system of moves and defense that somehow manages not to be totally obtuse... or maybe it's just because I actually had time to sit down and figure out the mechanics. Either way, it's a fun game, the single-player adventure mode is a nice bonus, and you just can't beat the narrator's dramatic reading of, "CHICKEN!"

Umm...

Sly Cooper maybe? Or one of the Dance Dance Revolution games? Perhaps a Jak and Dexter or Ratchet and Clank game, once I finally get around to playing them? That's just how limited my play-time on the PS2 has been so far. I can't really justify a "10th best game EVAR!" yet!

That's the beauty of the PS2... Hundreds of great games, for every play style.

Totally true. I didn't want to like PS2, but once I came around I found just a ton of stuff to play.

I gave this one some thought and it was really hard to pick 10. 5 would have been easier, but there's about a million way tie for that #6 slot. I also don't have nearly as well rounded a list, as I lean away from some very popular genres.

My list:

1. Gran Turismo 4
  2. Persona 4
  3. Burnout 3 takedown
  4. Disgaea
  5. Capcom Vs. SNK 2
  6. Front Mission 5 (fan translated)
  7. Alien Hominid
  8. culdcept
  9. Final Fantasy XII
  10. XGRA

honorable mentions:

Persona 3 FES

suikoden iv (unpopular, but I like boats)

deus ex

metal slug anthology

kof xi

motorstorm arctic edge

shadow of the colossus

Edited by Reaperman

My Personal Top Eight in Alphabetical order... (I guess I haven't played as much PS2 as I thought!)

- Dragon Quest VIII
- Final Fantasy XII
- God of War
- Guitar Hero
- Ico
- Katamari Damacy
- Silent Hill 3
- We ♥ Katamari

Edited by legeek

I should have added Champions of Norath. Excellent multi-player dungeon crawler.

Champions is actually why I bought the PS2 in the first place. I visited some of my brother's friends over Christmas holiday and the 4 of us played that all stinking day long.

Played those games to death along with the two Baldurs Gate games. Multiplayer and co-op were great.

Had Champions of Norrath for years but just fired it up last week. Diablo-esque fun with graphics that still hold up.

Yeah, but MJR trashed it in his review- & got trashed back in his YouTube comments.

Edited by RJ