IGNORED

Collecting Sealed Intellivision Games

boxpressed

Anyone else actively collecting sealed Intellivision games? I think I have around thirty different titles/variants but am looking for more.

[see my Wanted thread here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/218084-wtb-wttf-new-sealed-intellivision-inc-titles/ ]

Most of them are still relatively inexpensive compared to Atari and especially ColecoVision games.

There's something about the look of open and worn Intellivision boxes that makes me not want to display them. (I guess the same goes for boxes of other systems.)

What are the favorite sealed Intellivision games in your collection? #1 for me is a Spanish International Edition of LV Poker & Blackjack.

post-30018-0-13592900-1383933588_thumb.jpg

I have a modest sealed collection with some duplicates. Nothing terribly rare, although I'm open to some sealed trades, as there are of plenty of commons that I still need should you (or anyone else) have extras. I'll try to compile a list.

High on my wanted list, but likely higher than my current budget would allow, is a sealed Worm Whomper. It would go nicely with my sealed Dreadnaught Factor, Stampede, and Happy Trails.

My prized sealed game is my Jetsons, which goes nicely with my sealed Scooby Doo, Mr Basic, & Mind Strike.

I also have a mint sealed USA gatefold Checkers, which I assume has the full color manual included.

Anyone else actively collecting sealed Intellivision games? I think I have around thirty different titles/variants but am looking for more.

[see my Wanted thread here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/218084-wtb-wttf-new-sealed-intellivision-inc-titles/ ]

Most of them are still relatively inexpensive compared to Atari and especially ColecoVision games.

There's something about the look of open and worn Intellivision boxes that makes me not want to display them. (I guess the same goes for boxes of other systems.)

What are the favorite sealed Intellivision games in your collection? #1 for me is a Spanish International Edition of LV Poker & Blackjack.

That is sweet! boxpressed, could you please PM me a flatbed scan (pref. 300dpi) of that back cover so I can put the image up on the site? :D tyvm

I've stayed away from explicitly collecting shrinkwrapped games. In fact, I've opened nearly all the shrinked games I've ever purchased in "collector mode" mainly because I wanted to either play the game or get at the contents looking for variations or whatevs.

So, if I can include "games that were shrinkwrapped until I got them" my favorites would be:

• World Series Baseball
  • Mattel international releases (don't keep track of these separately)
    • Special callout - multi-lingual Triple Action
  • My "Christmas" copy of Deep Pockets ;) (Still has the wrap around it)
Edited by intvsteve

I am also into collecting sealed boxes.

Unfortunately it is not easy to get german international editions.

This Deadly Discs is just one sealed copy with german instructions:

Scan please. :D Though I may be able to make that one work.

Edited by intvsteve

I've stayed away from explicitly collecting shrinkwrapped games. In fact, I've opened nearly all the shrinked games I've ever purchased in "collector mode" mainly because I wanted to either play the game or get at the contents looking for variations or whatevs.

So, if I can include "games that were shrinkwrapped until I got them" my favorites would be:

• World Series Baseball
  • Mattel international releases (don't keep track of these separately)
    • Special callout - multi-lingual Triple Action
  • My "Christmas" copy of Deep Pockets ;) (Still has the wrap around it)

How could you NOT unwrap it! Lol......It is an awesome game box!

I don't have too many sealed ... I just recently opened my sealed, gatefold Burgertime. It's mint and looks great on the shelf!

My rarest sealed is Melody Blaster. I actually hate having a sealed one (it's my only copy) because I want to play it but don't want to open it :ponder:. I'll likely trade or sell someday and just pick up an opened CIB copy ...

• Like 1

I have a few sealed, (Jetsons included) that I may open someday....they will look great on the shelf unsealed and really, couldn't anyone "seal" a great looking copy?

What we should do in this thread is to add pics of the seal so that we can have a better idea of whether a seal is from the factory or not. The reverse of the I.I. boxes usually has a tell-tale factory seal, IIRC.

I'll try to post some scans of the seals as well as the one for Steve's website a little later.

My son and I have a sealed and graded Super Cobra! We collect sealed games when I can find them. Love the gatefolds, really tempted with the Shark Shark's on ebay right now but the boxes are a bit beat up for the price.

Here's the back of an Intellivision Inc. Skiing. Notice the thick, wrinkled band across the middle. Many I.I. titles have this band. Also, there is a seam along the left and right spines but not the top and bottom flaps.

I noticed that my Mind Strike games do not have this wrinkled band, so maybe the ECS titles are different.

I'm not sure that it would be worth fraudulently resealing most I.I. titles, but it never hurts to play it safe.

Also, I heard that the I.I. Auto Racing was not shrinkwrapped from the factory. Any confirmations?

post-30018-0-09137800-1383951171_thumb.jpg

Here's the back of an Intellivision Inc. Skiing. Notice the thick, wrinkled band across the middle. Many I.I. titles have this band. Also, there is a seam along the left and right spines but not the top and bottom flaps.

I noticed that my Mind Strike games do not have this wrinkled band, so maybe the ECS titles are different.

I'm not sure that it would be worth fraudulently resealing most I.I. titles, but it never hurts to play it safe.

Also, I heard that the I.I. Auto Racing was not shrinkwrapped from the factory. Any confirmations?

Yes! I thought I remembered those horizontal strips. Made them really easy to open, actually. :D

I also recall that the later titles that didn't have overlays may not have had shrinkwrap. I got most of those via mail order, so my memory is hazy. Not sure about whether the games that were at TRU were sealed or not. But I'm 100% certain that, at least where I lived at the time, TRU carried pretty much all of the Super Pro titles in 1990. (And I'll repeat the refrain yet again ... WHY oh WHY did I laugh at and refuse to buy those goofy looking Body Slam! and Spiker! titles?)

Yes! I thought I remembered those horizontal strips. Made them really easy to open, actually. :D

I also recall that the later titles that didn't have overlays may not have had shrinkwrap. I got most of those via mail order, so my memory is hazy. Not sure about whether the games that were at TRU were sealed or not. But I'm 100% certain that, at least where I lived at the time, TRU carried pretty much all of the Super Pro titles in 1990. (And I'll repeat the refrain yet again ... WHY oh WHY did I laugh at and refuse to buy those goofy looking Body Slam! and Spiker! titles?)

Well, I bought Spiker boxed from mail order....threw the box away....but kept the Tutankham box.....only box I kept...

I just did a quick count (just unique games, not counting duplicates):

38 sealed Mattel games

19 sealed Intellivision Inc games (including Sea Battle)

6 sealed Elektronite/LTO games

-----------------------------------------

63 total sealed games - not including dupes, but including variants

That's more than I originally thought I had.

Which ones are you missing?

Still many. Between 10 and 15 of the 125 and then many Sears releases. Also many of the Italian, French and German releases etc. I also have no Bandai and Digiplay releases. I guess there are around 400 different releases.

260 may sound like a lot, but I'm really more an Atari collector. My sealed Atari 2600 collection is 4 times as big.

The Intellivision is together with the ColecoVision, 5200 and 7800 a rather small part of my 8-bit collection if you compare it with the 2600 or C64.