IGNORED

Collecting Sealed Intellivision Games

boxpressed

No, it was too difficult to maintain a list on the thread, and I'd rather handle this person by person. I do have about 40 doubles. Generally, I'm looking for some of the later releases (like Bump n Jump or Masters) and some of the earliest releases (the Keyboard Component). I collect variations of titles too. Just let me know what you have to trade, and then I can send you a list.

I just got a batch of sealed Intellivision games and have one REALLY odd item in the lot... a sealed Lock 'n' Chase that is clearly missing the cartridge.

This was part of a Venezuelan 6-pack (complete with the original Mattel cardboard "6 Toys" packing box). In comparing the games, the Lock 'n' Chase game is literally 1/2 the weight of the other boxes (44 grams versus 90 grams). None of them appear tampered with and I did open a different game that was just fine. I don't suspect any shenanigans; it looks like it was actually factory sealed this way.

Has anyone else ever encountered this?

Yes, I actually have encountered a factory sealed game without cartridge inside it.

The game was Burger Time and I got it in a lot with other sealed games.

I was surprised and disappointed when I found out as I was looking forward to playing the game.

The other games were fine though.

• 8 months later...

Bump for an old thread.

I have been slowly chipping away at the Action Network (red boxes) in terms of sealed USA games. I'm getting close to all 14 (not including Space Armada), but for some reason, I haven't been able to find a sealed USA Space Battle. I really haven't been looking too hard, but I'm wondering how rare it is. Anyone have this? Anyone have an extra for trade/sale? I'd probably settle for a sealed Hong Kong one, but would prefer USA.

I'm also looking for a sealed Mattel USA Chess, but that's a little tougher to find :-D

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

• 1 year later...

A couple days back, I found this little gaming shop on the southern coast of Oregon in Brookings that had a whole stash of sealed Intellivision games. Thinking it was some kind of attic cleaning by a grandma or some other story like that. (Which probably means the place bought each game so lovingly at $3 a pop, I bet.) As these games looked untouched. I was hoping the store owner didn't know what they had and made an offer on a sealed Turbo. Alas, the clerk was too well rehearsed. She went right to the computer, could not find a sealed listing. (Probably e-Bay.) Then went to the phone for further information from the owner. (Dang.) Even with a hundred in hand, the owner flat out turned me down, requesting that I 'come back tomorrow after she referenced the game's value'. So, not even going to waste my time. She'll very likely discover a listing value around $300-$350 and price it accordingly. Maybe, just maybe she'll put it up on e-Bay. Else, it will just sit there in that shop for years on a highway that's so far out of the way of civilization.

To the best of my knowledge I have one of every game of the 125 that came shink-wrapped in some form and a lot of variants. I am missing only Three, I had forgotten about Congo Bongo! CBS Turbo, Congo Bongo and Blockade Runner. Maybe I should count the Atari Soft PacMan? But I have an Intellivision Version Shrink-Wrapped. And PacMan is not counted twice in the 125. I don't know if Congo Bongo was ever shrink-wrapped? Can anyone answer that? I WANT THAT TURBO! I have stuff you want I know! LOL

All Imagic Shrink-Wrapped

All Activision - Shrink-Wrapped

All AtariSoft (Except PacMan - I have an Intellivision Version Shrink-wrapped.) Have my eye on one.

All ColecoVision - US glued and Overseas Shrink-wrapped. Except Turbo.

All Parker Brothers games Shrink-Wrapped

Dextell - Both Shrink-wrapped.

Interphase - Sew Sam but not Blockade Runner (Have my eye on one.)

Saga - Congo Bongo - Don't have an unopened copy of

All of the Mattel. And a lot of variants. Have all the White International Mattel sealed except a shrink-wrapped White Shark Shark!

Every ECS Game Sealed.

I have a sealed Intellivision II

Am I missing something? I have found no definitive list of games that were Glued, Shrink-wrapped or Sticker/Tape closed.

Edited by BBWW

Interesting about the Dextell games being shrink wrapped as I purchased a few years back a sealed box of each game containing 6 each and the soccer games were all shrink wrapped in the sealed cardboard box but the tennis games were not.

Perhaps I had a manufacturing variation but it makes you wonder how many shrink wrapped games sold as such are not original and done as a after market thing to possibly attract a higher price?

I have also read elsewhere that the Dextell tennis game was never shrink wrapped, perhaps compare the two and see if the plastic wrap is the the same as surely they would have been done in the same factory on the same machine.

Edited by Utopia

Just wanted to quickly chime in. I bought World Cup Soccer NIB from a local video store when it was 1st released and it did not come shrink wrapped. I assumed it was the same for WC Tennis but forgot how I aquire that one when it 1st came out. I don't collect sealed games so I'm no expert at all on them just wanted to share my WC Soccer purchase.

Was Congo Bongo Shrink-Wrapped?

Another Oddity are the Parker Brothers without Shrink-Wrap and the rack hanging tab.

I only have Qbert sealed that way.

Stating facts for clarification around whether these came sealed or not.

Hoarder/bragger.

cmart doesnt go bragging. He is not that kind of person. He has been really informative helping people with variants. He also is a great person to do business with. Sounds like your jealous. Im not and i can tell you i am probably the poorest person on this site. I cant afford to buy games on my disability but i dont let it bother me. I come here for the love of the games and the people in this intv forum that are effin awesome. Thankfully i have been able to make an ultimate intellivision flashback to be able to play so many games i cant afford. I had a friend who so kindly sent me a sweet intellivision and had a few homebrews given to me by a couple people which i am incredibly grateful for. This forum should be for people who share the same passion and share the great information and games. No need to be jealous of each other. This shouldnt be a competition. Just fun. When you lose the fun its not a game anymore.
  • Like 1

Cmart is a wonderful Intellivision enabler. I've been looking for a sponsor ever since PRGE.

CONGO BONGO WAS NEVER SHRINK-WRAPPED. I will sleep better now.

Edited by BBWW

cmart doesnt go bragging. He is not that kind of person. He has been really informative helping people with variants. He also is a great person to do business with. Sounds like your jealous. Im not and i can tell you i am probably the poorest person on this site. I cant afford to buy games on my disability but i dont let it bother me. I come here for the love of the games and the people in this intv forum that are effin awesome. Thankfully i have been able to make an ultimate intellivision flashback to be able to play so many games i cant afford. I had a friend who so kindly sent me a sweet intellivision and had a few homebrews given to me by a couple people which i am incredibly grateful for. This forum should be for people who share the same passion and share the great information and games. No need to be jealous of each other. This shouldnt be a competition. Just fun. When you lose the fun its not a game anymore.

:)

Cmart is a wonderful Intellivision enabler. I've been looking for a sponsor ever since PRGE.

CONGO BONGO WAS NEVER SHRINK-WRAPPED. I will sleep better now.

You might not like what I have to say :) I'm not completely convinced that Congo came shrinkwrapped but I did buy one from JC a couple years ago. Another member apparently had one sooooooo....... ?

I WANT THAT TURBO! I have stuff you want I know! LOL

This small chain has a small web site. http://www.rvgnet.net/Now, when I tried negotiating for the game, those women couldn't even quote me a price. My cash in hand of a hundred didn't even sway them at all. So, I see a phone number on that site. It's the Brookings branch that's third down on the list. What's alarming is that their site is a bit too basic. I'm pondering if these people are willing to sell via the mail at all. Good luck.

Not jealous. I just like picking on Cmart. :)

If anything, I am jealous of those who have a steady job and income. I've never had one of those.

I got a message into this store but most likely CMART beat me too it. I will call them later. All the Congo Bongos I've seen for other systems have the hang tags which means no shrink wrap.?

CMART I want pictures of a shrink-wrapped Turbo...US Release not CBS. CBS were Shrink Wrapped.