IGNORED

Zoe SCART/RGB video upgrade for Intellivision

Lathe26

Just spotted the Zoe SCART/RGB video upgrade for Intellivision (PAL hardware only).

Anyone played around with one of these yet?

Main site: http://www.nightfallcrew.com/24/10/2013/zoe-interface-prototype-the-best-video-output-for-your-intellivision/

eBay item for $77: http://www.ebay.com/itm/200985186193?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

post-37124-0-25460900-1384079539_thumb.jpg

Could be interesting as I am not an owner of the Peritel system unfortunately.

It 's not for the owner of the Peritel system, it's for all pal system (except peritel version actually). It's a good opportunity to have a SCART version for nothing or almost ^^

I could interested but in France, all Intellivision are SECAM system, so it doesn't work with the Zoe SCART/RGB video upgrade :/ BUT for all US and Canadian (and Brazilian) guys, could be an huge opportunity to have one :)

Sadly for NTSC owners, the NTSC video chip of the Intellivision does NOT output RGB natively, only composite/S-video. (or so I read that somewhere.)

The PAL chip on the other hand output natively RGB.

Also I don't see why it would not be compatible with the SECAM version? From what I read, the module take the signal from the DAC, so, BEFORE the signal is turned into SECAM composite.

Edited by CatPix

Sadly for NTSC owners, the NTSC video chip of the Intellivision does NOT output RGB natively, only composite/S-video. (or so I read that somewhere.)

The PAL chip on the other hand output natively RGB.

Also I don't see why it would not be compatible with the SECAM version? From what I read, the module take the signal from the DAC, so, BEFORE the signal is turned into SECAM composite.

Really, I don't know. I could buy one and try... but it's 45 euros... :)

• 2 weeks later...

It is 'cause the orignal ones are pretty rare. Who owns one CIB ? We are very few... really few, aren't we ?

• 1 month later...

Has anyone confirmed that the Peritel Intellivisions truly supported RGB? Just having a SCART connector isn't enough to know since SCART can transmit composite video or RGB (kind of like how DVI supports analog and/or digital video). I wouldn't be surprised if the original Peritel Intellivisions only send composite video over the SCART cable.

Has anyone confirmed that the Peritel Intellivisions truly supported RGB? Just having a SCART connector isn't enough to know since SCART can transmit composite video or RGB (kind of like how DVI supports analog and/or digital video). I wouldn't be surprised if the original Peritel Intellivisions only send composite video over the SCART cable.

It's RGB. You can see it in the instructions:

Mattel Intellivision Peritel Instructions

• Like 1

Yes the pal version has the right chips to translate the signal to rgb. Question is how good the output is. Pictures shown are always with tube not flatscreen. The flatscreen output is fine with my mod, too but sucks in reality on some games due to noise. So a picture snapshot is always great.... As the rgb sample pictures.

Yes the pal version has the right chips to translate the signal to rgb. Question is how good the output is. Pictures shown are always with tube not flatscreen. The flatscreen output is fine with my mod, too but sucks in reality on some games due to noise. So a picture snapshot is always great.... As the rgb sample pictures.

All pics taken on my Toshiba LCD TV.

D2K title screen

D2K Stage 4

D2K Stage 3

D2K first stage

• Like 2

It is a funny game even my daughter loves it but is stresses the video hardware due to its highlighted playfield. Perfect testing av mods :)

As rgb consist of color signal which is not the reason for the video noise my intension is to know if this mod suffer from same weak signal quality in stress conditions or not.