IGNORED

Zoe SCART/RGB video upgrade for Intellivision

Lathe26

It is a funny game even my daughter loves it but is stresses the video hardware due to its highlighted playfield. Perfect testing av mods :)

As rgb consist of color signal which is not the reason for the video noise my intension is to know if this mod suffer from same weak signal quality in stress conditions or not.

What do you mean "highlighted playfield"? Why is it different than other games?

What do you mean "highlighted playfield"? Why is it different than other games?

Because it has big differences in color, eg red score on top white screen in background. This stresses the av mods. In space battle for example you have a yellow surrounding of the playfield, a lot of av mods looses sync in the condition more bright objects appears on the screen. So you play and within seconds or minutes you have a black screen as tv set lost sync signal due to av mod overload.

So i test always against different games to ensure all is working fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Bought one of these RGB units with high expectations however was not able to install it - I have three Intellivisions, all UK, all PAL; and none of them have the LM1886 chip which Zoe's mod needs. It was a big shame. I'm sure the mod is awesome, however indicates that either the PAL mod does not work on UK consoles or only certain revisions maybe; no idea; the serial numbers of the consoles I have are a lot different however the motherboards are all the same. The reply Zoe's team gave was the console was the last version and PAL/NTSC board, which I find a bit strange as back in the day your television only worked PAL in the UK and the console worked fine on them.

I guess this means UK consoles, in spite of being a major PAL region, is not compatible with the Zoe mod as no LM1886 chip?

Anyone know differently, or what to look out for on an Intv available in the UK (preferably) that would indicate the motherboard is suitable for this RGB mod?

It would be nice to know which PAL consoles work with the RGB mod, and how to know if you find a board that has a compatible one without opening up the console; eg a serial number range, or maybe colour of the board you can see on the cart slot, or whatever.

If there was an RGB mod that worked for UK console board, would be interesting.

Makes sense - the PAL version doesn't even have the shielding on the motherboard in his pics. The RGB mod therefore should be changed from reference to working for (all) PAL consoles (as inferred) to (probably) only working for PAL Italian consoles that have certain boards. That is rather limiting! Pity.

• 4 years later...

Available for sale the ZOE RGB rev 2.0 interface for Mattel Intellivision.

The Zoe interface lets you connect the PAL Mattel Intellivision console to a TV/monitor through the RGB signal of a SCART connector, dramatically increasing the quality of the video signal and bringing it to the highest possible quality: the original output is a modest RF/Antenna signal.

The interface is connected in place of the National LM1886 IC (TV Video Matrix DAC) to take the RGB and Sync signals and convert them for the SCART output.

http://www.nightfallcrew.com/29/07/2018/zoe-rev-2-0-inty-mattel-intellivision-rgb-interface-for-sale-now/

• Like 1

UK no, PAL Italian/German and some other country yes.

The important thing is the IC LM 1886.(like the instruction manual) check!

SECAM (CGV Video Conversion) only with a hard rework.

This is a example of SECAM Inty.

20180717_001419.jpg

20180716_235430.jpg

20180716_233522.jpg

20180716_232155.jpg

20180716_233500.jpg

Edited by xad
  • Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 1/10/2014 at 2:34 PM, Intymike said:

It's RGB. You can see it in the instructions:

Mattel Intellivision Peritel Instructions

Bumping this thread a bit. I am having trouble getting good output from my SECAM/SCART Intv, where is the right place to look for a remedy? https://atariage.com/forums/topic/299165-peritelscart-intellivision-display-help-needed/

• 1 year later...