IGNORED

Paddle Party

You are free to do as you like DZ, but it really isn't in the spirit of what I am trying to do.

It just makes it less likely that I will offer discounts in the future.

Just sayin'

DZ, please don't ruin it for the rest of us!

Wow. I didn't know I was ruining anything for anybody. I just thought I'd save $20 bucks with a friend. Nevermind then. jeez.

Wow. I didn't know I was ruining anything for anybody. I just thought I'd save $20 bucks with a friend. Nevermind then. jeez.

Well, I think your question was quite logical and it would be a bit naïve to think that no one else would do it this way.

Nothing wrong with saving money, or sharing with a friend. But advertising for a friend?

Whatever.

I wasn't advertising for a friend... LOL! I was asking if anybody else was interested in saving $20 bucks. Intellivision enthusiasts abound in this forum, so I thought it was a propos.

Everyone who has ordered a pair so far will have them shipped today (November 20th)

And, thank you for your orders. Sincerely.

You are welcomed!

Cheers!

-dZ.

The discount idea is clearly not working.

There will be no discount for Kroz

I liked what I saw on your page... the mixing of different games in a package. Match 5 & Paddle Party for example. That's a lot more compelling to someone looking forward to actually playing their games (vs. encouraging the practice of hoarding, in which the extra copy often winds up on ePay later) and increases the chance for you to sell more copies of various games. Not everyone wants two of the same title. :)

Edited by save2600

The discount idea is clearly not working.

There will be no discount for Kroz

Just my two cents, but I think the discount idea IS working. I'm sure a vast majority of the pair sales are people buying two for themselves. Inevitably, some people will sell their second copy (a practice that you've encouraged in the past) or go in with others with the intent of splitting costs. I really doubt most pairs are bought like this, especially since much of the savings are gobbled up in having to ship the second game to the other buyer. Either way, I appreciate the discount and hope you continue your practice of utilizing fair and creative pricing in the future.

You are free to do as you like DZ, but it really isn't in the spirit of what I am trying to do.

It just makes it less likely that I will offer discounts in the future.

Just sayin'

The spirit of what you are doing? I'm assuming that your goal is to sell as many copies of your game as quickly as possible to recoup as much of your costs early on. The discounts lure customers in to buy the product as soon as it comes out so I'm not certain why you think that they're "obviously not working". I was planning to do the same thing with a fellow AA'er to save on the costs of the item (not only saving on unit price, but also on overall shipping from Canada) until the price came down to $60 from $70 for the initial single copies when the work of partnering up didn't seem to be cost efficient any longer.

Strictly speaking from a business standpoint ... if your goal is to move product more quickly then you should maintain some form of discount. If cash flow is no issue and you want to maximize profits, discounts are a bad thing. What dZ does with his extra copy is irrelevant from a business perspective and there is no reason for you to comment on it.

I wasn't advertising for a friend... LOL! I was asking if anybody else was interested in saving $20 bucks. Intellivision enthusiasts abound in this forum, so I thought it was a propos.

You are welcomed!

Cheers!

-dZ.

Clearly a faux pas. If you're going to try and find a loophole to Williams gracious discount offer for those of us buying two copies for ourselves (clearly his intent), I would have recommended not doing it in front of him!

Clearly a faux pas. If you're going to try and find a loophole to Williams gracious discount offer for those of us buying two copies for ourselves (clearly his intent), I would have recommended not doing it in front of him!

I didn't find a loophole to anything. I wasn't aware of this hidden rule that required everybody to purchase two of everything William produces. In another thread, other people openly mentioned that they could partner up to save money, so I wasn't the only one discussing this. I don't need two games, and I don't need another Match 5, and partnering with someone saved not only on the game, but on shipping from Canada, especially if both recipients are in the USA. I don't agree that this was wrong or that it was some mean-spirited subversion of anybody's plans.

-dZ.

• Like 3

Relax! I wasn't trying to pin this on you personally. I just got nervous when William made the claim that:

"You are free to do as you like DZ, but it really isn't in the spirit of what I am trying to do. It just makes it less likely that I will offer discounts in the future."

That comment made me nervous, because I rely on those discounts to support my Intellivision-collecting during a long period of unemployment. Alas, it looks like William has already made up his mind, based on this comment:

"The discount idea is clearly not working. There will be no discount for Kroz."

So I guess it doesn't matter anymore, anyway. :(

Spoiler alert! DZ ruined it again!

Everyone expect to pay full price for Cave of Kroz. Joking, joking, ...It will cost what it cost set $10-$20. more dollars aside and it will be ok!

Sorry Eric i know what it is like to be out of work for an extended period, it sucks!

Best to you and your job prospects, most of all wishing you well.

No, it is not clearly a faux pas. Your entire comment is simply your opinion. And his intent is CLEARLY to be gracious? As I mentioned earlier, I believe that his intent is to sell many games early and often. This is NOT a bad thing, it's what businesses do! The point IS to make money and move onto the next project!!!

Besides, other's have mentioned the same thing in similar threads and it wasn't an issue until dZ said it. :roll:

To get back to topic, ordered mine a couple of days ago. Can't wait to get it. :thumbsup:

I thought it would be useful for others to see this. It is a personal message I received today. I won't divulge the sender, but I thought it was rather offensive and unbecoming that I'm being accused unfairly for something I did not do.

Make of it what you will.

DZ-Jay,

William from Elektronite has recently sent me a private message where he made reference to comments from you in a recent thread about Paddle Party that caused him to stop having discounts for future games such as Kroz. Here is what he PM'ed me:

"I am serious about no discounts for Kroz. Dz-Jay went out of his way to beat me out of 10 dollars, so there will be no discount for Kroz, and it is indeed his fault. He was the most blatant about it, and it made me realize that I am banging my head against a wall trying to encourage people to buy two and sell one, give one away, use to trade or whatever....instead of sharing the discount and beating me out of some money.....it really is disheartening."

Again, PLEASE keep quiet about this. I just wanted you to see what happened as a result of your comments, which I had been afraid of. Maybe you shouldn't say anything in the future??

Other people were discussing partnering up to buy Paddle Party in other threads, but because I mentioned it, it is wrong and I am evil. Right.

-dZ.