IGNORED

Venture Official Release

Goochman

How about a new discussion. How's the quality of the carts lately? The initial carts had some issues with ill fitting boards and taped shell's. Has anyone purchased one recently that can comment? I hope the built quality is now as good as the game. I would also like to see the labels improved. I'm not sure what type of printer is used but it comes out looking flat. I think a nice glossy label would be a great improvement.

How about a new discussion. How's the quality of the carts lately? The initial carts had some issues with ill fitting boards and taped shell's. Has anyone purchased one recently that can comment? I hope the built quality is now as good as the game. I would also like to see the labels improved. I'm not sure what type of printer is used but it comes out looking flat. I think a nice glossy label would be a great improvement.

I hope your advice will be followed. Your PacMan label is outstanding!

I would like to buy Venture too but with a good quality cart and a nice package.

For $20 yesterday I received that package: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/231654-dungeon-hunt-a-new-game-for-the-atari-8-bit/?p=3119471

So I don't think it's an impossible task, for $50, to put a cart in a box (for example like this one http://atariage.com/forums/topic/230809-deluxe-disk-edition-caveblaster-thetris-rolltris-now-available/), print box cover, manual and label with an average quality printer...

As written many times, Tempest Xtreem and Venture deserve a state-of-the-art package.

Perhaps an average package but not a cart with a poor label...

• Like 3

I would like to buy Venture too but with a good quality cart and a nice package.

For $20 yesterday I received that package: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/231654-dungeon-hunt-a-new-game-for-the-atari-8-bit/?p=3119471

So I don't think it's an impossible task, for $50, to put a cart in a box (for example like this one http://atariage.com/forums/topic/230809-deluxe-disk-edition-caveblaster-thetris-rolltris-now-available/), print box cover, manual and label with an average quality printer...

As written many times, Tempest Xtreem and Venture deserve a state-of-the-art package.

Perhaps an average package but not a cart with a poor label...

Was about to bring up this but you beat me to it waiting for my copy to come Nice to see some thing new and not another port of a port

I was thinking abt purchasing venture but price and attitude were deciding factor

Im sure its a great port but Ill stick to the AA Store and authors and members who sell here in forums

Plus the website is horrid it is not the 90's Yes I know of another Atari Dealer who's site is similar but Hear more positive than negative on customer service

KJMANN and PETEYM5 should not be replying to those crying about the price, digital downloads, or floppy disk version because it just adds 'fuel to the fire'. Only reply to questions directly about the program and where to buy it. They replied by taking action by putting Venture onto a different 16K cartridge, black Atari plastic + metal shell and lowering the price. It was kept so it can be played on an Atari 800 with 48K and up. From what I understand, the AA store was also approached to produce some Venture cartridges. A few beta cartridges were sent out, not sure what happened.

Edited by Kratters31

We have switched Venture onto the dark brown Atari Plastic cartridge shells instead on the Williams. All future Venture cartridges will be manufactured using this 16K cartridge and it will selling for $39.95 with free shipping. The cost is $10 less than the 32K Williams cartridge. Atari Sales has a deal it is free shipping for orders $39.95 and over. It takes an additional second to book because of decompressing components into RAM. Some programming and data had to be reconfigured to make it fit. A few 32K Williams cartridges are still available for those interested collectors. The Game runs on an Atari 800 with 48K RAM, 64K or more XL/XE systems. It does not require the RAM under ROM. Atari Venture

We are also looking to port a 5200 version. A 7800 version is also being considered. The 7800 is an entirely different system and need to work with some people on the 7800 forum to assist with development.

The challenger mode has 5 or 6 enemies onscreen at once instead of 3 or 4. A 4th map screen with 4 additional dungeons and monsters is also available. This is unique to my Atari 8-bit version.

Secretum Labyrinth The Legend will be more extensive than Venture with a ton of more screens, monsters, hidden passage ways, and other challenges. It is my attempt to bring something on the level of "Legend of Zelda" to the world of the Atari 8-bit.

I am using inflate with Delta Space Arena and the game also fits into a 16K cartridge. This is similar to Omega Race, but has many of my own elements. It is an original game that is not a clone of something else. That game will be sold for $39.95.

Edited by peteym5

One positive side for me is then probably that I (if I still want to) could buy a cart, and then dump it myself, and put the dump in my MyIDE ][ or The!Cart setup.

I guess this is possible yes? Or is there some kind of booby-trap stuff inside that cart, that prevents it from dumping?

There are several booby traps in the code to make it not work on a multi cart type situation, including several pieces of code to prevent it from running on an emulator.

Ok thanks for the warning. I'll keep the money then.

Although… MyIDE ][ is not a MultiCart type situation. MyIDE ][ acts simply as the original thing. I might give it a go…

Edited by ProWizard
  • Like 3

There are several booby traps in the code to make it not work on a multi cart type situation, including several pieces of code to prevent it from running on an emulator.

Wow. Just when I thought it couldn't get more customer hostile. Especially in light of all of the conversations on getting the file size down to 16K.

Your mission if you choose to accept it is to see how high of a score you can get playing Venture.

If you are caught hacking or copying the programming, the Secretary (of Atlantis Games Group) will disavow any knowledge of your activities.

If it detects it being ran on an emulator, or on other media, it will self destruct in Five Seconds....

• Like 2

I'm glad this thread has become more light hearted, as an owner of Venture (yes, a real, honest to god official cart in the clear packaging and not a copy or file) I can say its a bloody good game. I however still think the paranoia re it being dumped is way over the top, I'm 100% sure if people had wanted it to be out there it would have been within a couple of days of release if not sooner with any protection easily bypassed no matter how clever it was thought to be BUT it wasn't, as far as I've seen its NEVER been publicly dumped.

Petey, you and KJ should realise just how important that is...

Anyway, to paraphrase a certain baseball related film, if you make great games and lose the customer hostility they will come...

One hopes the games are better than Kevin Costners acting...

Or it hasn't been dumped because the Atari community is a lot different than it used to be. There aren't technical reasons why it hasn't been duped, and in fact it's rather silly to be expending so much energy into copy protection.

Has Dungeon Hunt been uploaded anywhere? When my copy arrives I'll be transferring the ATR over to my IDE+ so I can play it on my 800XL.

What's gotten people bent out of shape is that they want to support the A8 community and buy products, but instead they are treated as criminals. And to add salt to the wound, the product is purposely defective.

Joking about the situation is not helping either.

• Like 6

Your mission if you choose to accept it is to see how high of a score you can get playing Venture.

If you are caught hacking or copying the programming, the Secretary (of Atlantis Games Group) will disavow any knowledge of your activities.

If it detects it being ran on an emulator, or on other media, it will self destruct in Five Seconds....

And err,

if the cart self-destructs while being plugged in inside my super-heavy-modded A8 and the computer gets damage from that self-destructing cart., my lawyers will be happy to start a multi-million-dollar lawsuit against you... :-D :-D :-D

oh, wait this is not possible in Germany, but luckily you live in the US... :grin: :grin: :grin:

So I will be buying a cart. to become a multi-millionaire soon... :-D :-D :-D

• Like 2